Tom Watson tells Wanderlei Silva to 'stay on your supplements at 205' or drop to 185 'and get knocked the f**k out'

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Tom Watson tells Wanderlei Silva to 'stay on your supplements at 205' or drop to 185 'and get knocked the f**k out'
Budgellism
3/3/13 1:14:00PM
Wanderlei Silva's knockout win over Brian Stann will stand out as both one of the best fights of 2013 and one of the best moments of 2013. But, as is standard in the UFC, it didn't take long for potential opponents to come out of the woodwork and begin to call out the man riding a high.

In this case it was Tom Watson who took to his Twitter account with the following:

Tom Kong Watson ? @TomKongWatson

Yo @wandfc, stay on your supplements at 205, or come back to 185 and get knocked the fuck out. You decide? Obrigado @ufc & @danawhite.
2:10 PM - 03 Mar 13

LINK
Budgellism
3/3/13 1:17:49PM
This is laughable. Watson had a nice win last time out but he has no business being in the cage with Wanderlei Silva.
FastKnockout
3/3/13 1:18:42PM

Posted by Budgellism

This is laughable. Watson had a nice win last time out but he has no business being in the cage with Wanderlei Silva.

Playing with fire if you ask me.
emfleek
3/3/13 1:35:30PM
I have no problem with Silva/Watson locking up.

Both mid-tier guys. Good matchup.

Wandy's performance last night, albeit nostalgic and extremely awesome, doesn't change the fact that he's on his way out. Watson calling him out is a good move, IMO.
airkerma
3/3/13 1:36:22PM
I think it's kind of an odd call out, but I also think that would be a ridiculous fight.
emfleek
3/3/13 1:39:00PM
airkerma
3/3/13 1:40:18PM

Posted by emfleek

Yeah things got a bit different when that started happening...
sparky
3/3/13 2:44:40PM

Posted by emfleek

Thats what Wanderlei has to say about Kong calling him out
sbulldavid
3/3/13 2:53:19PM
LOL, maybe I need to start calling guys out
mattjonesy
3/3/13 3:59:27PM
I know Wand is on his way out but Watson has one good performance and he thinks he can hang with him. No chance
prophecy033
3/3/13 4:27:35PM
Pretty disrespectful of Watson if you ask me
Travesty145
3/3/13 4:41:16PM
bet wandy pops
frizzzlecake
3/3/13 4:53:40PM
Screw let em scrap.
jay98107
3/3/13 5:24:57PM
Pretty unbelievable for some brawler to call out a legend in such a disrespectful way. I guess a win over Nedkov and a split decision loss to world-beater Brad Tavares really turns you into a douche.
jae_1833
3/3/13 5:41:34PM
I don't understand the disrespect or the accusations, he's never been popped nor even suspected of anything like this. Watson just went from me raising an eyebrow when his name is mentioned to frowning at him and hoping he takes on another banger that actually has ko power and knows how to strike. I would like to see him fight Stann, he wants to go back to MW and stated that even before the fight.
andythemachoman
3/3/13 8:24:13PM
I wouldnt mind Tom Watson vs Robbie Lawler
ThaAxeMurderer7
3/3/13 9:42:49PM
Maybe Wand would entertain the idea of fighting Watson if he could ever manage to beat Brad Tavares. I gained respect for Watson after his win over Nedkov. That shit is gone now though.
ThaAxeMurderer7
3/3/13 9:47:11PM

Posted by jae_1833

I don't understand the disrespect or the accusations, he's never been popped nor even suspected of anything like this. Watson just went from me raising an eyebrow when his name is mentioned to frowning at him and hoping he takes on another banger that actually has ko power and knows how to strike. I would like to see him fight Stann, he wants to go back to MW and stated that even before the fight.

I love that fight for Brian. I would take him all day in that fight.
Poor_Franklin
3/3/13 11:14:34PM

Posted by andythemachoman

I wouldnt mind Tom Watson vs Robbie Lawler

i would like to see Robbie Lawler fight Nick Diaz after he loses to GSP
Goatenstein
3/4/13 7:44:46AM
No one will know who Tom Watson is in ten years.
prozacnation1978
3/4/13 8:14:46AM
No offense to Watson but Silva has like maybe two fights left. He will probably want big names
snakeplissken
3/4/13 8:43:57AM
Didn't Wandy say he's fighting at LHW now? It's a bad fight for Watson all round. I'd Rather see Watson take on the loser of Belcher/Bisping.

As for Wandy his best next fight would be Forrest Griffin.
BillsNewAccount
3/4/13 12:02:14PM
Total bitch move on Watson's part. Calling a legend a cheater and demanding him to drop back down. Watson's a nobody. If that first round was one minute longer his last fight he would have been out cold and out of a job.

With that said, the shout out makes sense. Kong is good at brawling, Wand is past his prime and a big name.

If Hendricks told GSP he would make that roided frog bleed all over the Canadian flag he probably would have gotten a shot over Diaz. Asking politely doesn't get you very far.