Tom Watson: Never a Dull Moment

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Tom Watson: Never a Dull Moment
Rabi
2/14/13 5:23:09PM
“It’s a bit of a strange story.”

When those words come out of the mouth of globetrotting middleweight Tom Watson, you know it’s got to be good, and as the Southampton native describes his experience with camel wrestling last December, he doesn’t disappoint.

“It wasn’t at a high level, but they had something going on like this when I was in Egypt,” said Watson. “I saw it and it’s not like wrestling in MMA. The premise of what it is is that they have two bull camels, which are the males. And they have a female nearby that’s in heat. So the camels are basically fighting each other for the female. Since I started looking into it, they’ve had the world championships in Turkey, and it’s quite surprising – they had like 20,000 people there. It’s pretty fun.”

Yes, camel wrestling. But the best part of the description is Watson’s admittance that the bouts he saw weren’t at a high level. So should we assume that there is an Anderson Silva or Georges St-Pierre of camel wrestling out there?

LINK