Todd Duffee injury forces him out of UFC 107 fight against Paul Buentello

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Todd Duffee injury forces him out of UFC 107 fight against Paul Buentello
jae_1833
11/4/09 2:57:13AM
link

Another one bites the dust.

Undefeated heavyweight powerhouse Todd Duffee has sustained an undisclosed injury, scrapping his upcoming bout against Paul Buentello (27-10) at UFC 107: “Penn vs. Sanchez” from the FedEx Forum in Memphis, Tenn., on Dec. 12, according to Sherdog.com.

RyanC
11/4/09 5:10:08AM
What the heck is everyone doing during training?
prozacnation1978
11/4/09 9:05:15AM
i heard mike russow or struve with replace him but i do think that belcher vs goueveia will make main card and buentello fight will be a prelim now
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
11/4/09 9:40:12AM
......I was so happy to see Duffee on the main card and looking forward to another 1st rd ko but now....
these guys need to stop training against bears or tigers or taking on the entire gym at once or whatever it is that causes every event to change at least 3 fights
kopower
11/4/09 10:20:08AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i heard mike russow or struve with replace him but i do think that belcher vs goueveia will make main card and buentello fight will be a prelim now

I'd like to see Struve take on Buentello. That would be a big test to see if he could hang in the heavyweight division.
Jackelope
11/4/09 10:27:21AM
Damn.. I was really looking forward to seeing Duffee in action again
Rush
11/4/09 10:55:39AM

Posted by RyanC

What the heck is everyone doing during training?

Yeah, tell me about it. I don't think I remember any other time region where so many injuries have occured.
higdon10
11/4/09 11:07:07AM
Injuries are a strange thing, it seems like they usually happen in bulk
Khaos
11/4/09 11:54:30AM
I'm disappointed that the fight is off, I was so happy to get to see Buentello in the UFC again, main card no less. I think they should give him Struve, and keep it main card, because I would rather see "The Headhunter" then most of the undercard.
godofdixie
11/4/09 1:19:02PM
this latest round of injuries has now officially pissed me off
CwB
11/4/09 2:34:24PM

Posted by kopower

Posted by prozacnation1978

I'd like to see Struve take on Buentello. That would be a big test to see if he could hang in the heavyweight division.

Ya i would rather see Struve then Russow take on Paul.

I do hope though, that Belcher vs Goueveia makes the main card now, i think this fight will definitely take one of the three bonuses, which one, im not sure but capable of any of the three. Going to be great to watch.

Damn it Duffee, I want to see you fight. (He looks like a very bright Prospect)
KoldKhaos
11/4/09 2:46:12PM
Good for Duffee, he wasn't going to win anyway.

Buentello beats whoever they give him.
emfleek
11/4/09 2:57:11PM

Posted by KoldKhaos

Apparently, the 10 losses on his resume is merely a typo...
bjj1605
11/4/09 3:05:45PM

Posted by KoldKhaos

I will bet anything that Duffee beats Buentello if they do fight.
KoldKhaos
11/4/09 3:12:40PM
I dont think he'll destroy Duffee, I think he'd win by UD. Just having the more crsip boxing.

Yeah and how many losses are in the last 6 years?

2 losses in that time to Overeem and Arlovski,

Sounds like a terrible match up for Buentello.
emfleek
11/4/09 3:33:14PM

Posted by KoldKhaos

That's irrelevant, really. Your previous comment stated that regardless of who Buentello fights, he will win, indicating that there is no one that can beat him. That's why I posted what I did...

KoldKhaos
11/4/09 3:40:22PM
Ok so being literal makes you feel important?

Good for you.

Rush
11/4/09 3:46:40PM

Posted by KoldKhaos

Good for you.

I'm not out to defend anyone when I write this, but being literal is kind of essential when you express yourself in text.
emfleek
11/4/09 3:56:26PM

Posted by KoldKhaos

Good for you.

I never said anything about feeling important. I read a nuthugger'ish statement and decided to respond.
xdanish020
11/4/09 5:16:24PM

Posted by KoldKhaos

I dont think he'll destroy Duffee, I think he'd win by UD. Just having the more crsip boxing.

Nah, Buentello loses that fight...he might have more crisp boxing, but Duffee is a beast, much stronger, better wrestling and GNP.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
11/4/09 5:56:38PM
I picked Duffee by 1st rd Ko
I pick Russow by dec, wrestling
I pick Struve

but I do recognize that Paul could lay out Struve but I would still go with Struve, I also recognize that Paul could land the better shots against Russo but I see no way paul does anything to Duffee, forget it, 2 minutes tops this fight goes, if it were to happen
BustedKnuckle
11/4/09 6:27:29PM

Posted by KoldKhaos

I agree. Duffe looked great aginst Hague, but Beuntelo's boxing would definatly been more crisp and just as powerful. Pauls looks are very deceiving. He could have worn Duffee out a bit and probabalyKOhim. At least would have gone to a UD for the The Headhunter. Hopfully Joe Silva can find an opponent for Paul, i am really interested in seeing him fight again. He is a seasoned fighter and has tons of heart.
jae_1833
11/4/09 7:30:34PM
I think Paul beats any of them except Duffee....Struve got KOed by JDS and although I think the power of the two in question is near equal (JDS and Paul) I think that JDS has quicker and more accurate striking. I think it would take Paul a little longer but he'd get the same result. I think Duffee could hang with Paul, but it's kind of messed up of me as I have only seen the one fight and read a little bit on the guy....he's supposed to be a great grappler.