Tito's Last Stand

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Tito's Last Stand
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/8/08 9:13:16PM

TITO’S LAST STAND

Former Champion Ortiz Blames UFC President for Pending Separation

By Brian Knapp (bknapp@thefightnetwork.com)

The rift between UFC president Dana White and former light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz appears to have passed the point of no return.

The 33-year-old Ortiz will fulfill the final bout on his current contract with the Las Vegas-based promotion when he faces unbeaten Lyoto Machida at UFC 84: Ill Will on Saturday, May 24 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Afterwards, he plans to walk away from the organization that gave rise to his stardom. The blame for the pending separation, he says, rests at White’s feet.

“I think just about 90 percent of this is me just wanting to get away from Dana White,” Ortiz told Live Audio Wrestling’s Dan Lovranski. “He has a vengeance for me. He’s a person who’s very hateful towards me, and he doesn’t want to see me grow as a superstar. He’s always been like that. He’s always been trying to hold me down and not let me go further, and it’s just really sad to see.”
http://www.thefightnetwork.com/news_detail.php?nid=7143
SmileR
5/8/08 10:20:33PM
If Tito's ego wasn't as big as his head people might take his points seriously. If this interview was with any other MMA fighter their would up raw.
Tito's ran his mouth so much i think people take what he says as a joke now! I don't know why i'm writing in such short sentences. I like it though. It makes me sounds dramatic.
Lord_Lenny
5/9/08 12:30:17AM

Posted by SmileR

If Tito's ego wasn't as big as his head people might take his points seriously. If this interview was with any other MMA fighter their would up raw.
Tito's ran his mouth so much i think people take what he says as a joke now! I don't know why i'm writing in such short sentences. I like it though. It makes me sounds dramatic.

I didnt think the interview was egotistical at all, although i have always seen him a little differently than most
GrandMaster313
5/9/08 12:47:30AM
i think if he beats Machida it would have more of an impact if he does end up winning. what better way to walk off into the sunset with your middle finger in the air than to beat the dog-shit out of someone Dana has really high hopes for !
chubbud22
5/9/08 2:19:37AM
Dana makes it pretty well known that he does not like Tito; on the other hand he did have Tito as a coach in T.U.F. so Im kind of torn
wrona666
5/9/08 10:59:22AM
BooooHoooo Tito next he is going to start blaming Dana for loosing fights.....Tito u are not the fighter you used to be so give it up..
Kracker_Jap
5/9/08 11:15:47AM
$100,000 bonus Machida if you KO Tito and ware this shirt after you win "NA NA nA na HEy hey hey GOOOODBye!!!"

i have no proof Dana said that but just imagine what has been said behind closed doors