Tito Vs Rashad fight....*Spoilers*

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » Tito Vs Rashad fight....*Spoilers*
Trapt1nw0nder
7/8/07 12:59:44AM
Macarthy ****** Tito's fight up......

Who else does a ref deduct a point for holding the fence?

Bs....

Guess thats what you get for being Tito Ortiz...

I would include a poll to see who you all think one,but i know there are mostly Tito Haters out there so i wont even bother
Northrend
7/8/07 1:12:00AM
im a big fan of Tito but he held on to the fence before that 1 time a couple of times..if that was the only time that woulda been ****** up tho
Trapt1nw0nder
7/8/07 1:47:12AM

Posted by Northrend

im a big fan of Tito but he held on to the fence before that 1 time a couple of times..if that was the only time that woulda been ****** up tho

He didnt hold on that much.....you cant tell me you havent seen ALOT more cage holding than that..

he held on like for 1 sec,plus it was already at the last 10 sec so it wasnt like it was so critical for Rashad.......Fedor held on to the ropes for like 10 second after being warned,and that was at the begining of the round,but its Fedor,and not Fedor "The Huntington Beach Badboy" Emelianenko so its ok for him to do so..

fedorwins1
7/8/07 1:54:40AM
Tito won that fight hands down to me...bs decision IMO. I thought Tito won rd 3 also.
hippysmacker
7/8/07 2:09:23AM
Admittedly I'm not a Tito fan, but I don't want anyone getting away with breaking the rules, even if someone else did. He repeatedly grabbed the shorts and Fence, and 2 wrongs don't make a right. All in all a underwhelming fight by both guys IMO. I also think if they have a rematch it should be on free TV. I don't want to pay to see that again.Most of the people at my house agreed with the draw, and I'm fine with it. If Tito hadn't had a point deducted I could have seen him winning, but he did. In the end they both looked too tentative to me.
NatedawgThaM
7/8/07 2:15:26AM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by Northrend

He didnt hold on that much.....you cant tell me you havent seen ALOT more cage holding than that..

he held on like for 1 sec,plus it was already at the last 10 sec so it wasnt like it was so critical for Rashad.......Fedor held on to the ropes for like 10 second after being warned,and that was at the begining of the round,but its Fedor,and not Fedor "The Huntington Beach Badboy" Emelianenko so its ok for him to do so..

Exactly. Big Johns probably one of those Tito haters that believe he had another shot to get the title back and blew it so he tried to do what he could to keep Rashad alive in the fight.

I think the next fight for Tito should be Forrest, stop him or atleast win unanimously and then either face Keith Jardine or have a rematch with Wandy Silva, and win unanimously over them and then have #2 with Rashad and win unanimously and then he will prove that there still life in his dream and my dream of him winning the LHW title back!!!

Tito > Rashad every minute of every hour of every day or the week!!!!
Lord_Lenny
7/8/07 2:32:43AM
i am one of the biggest tito fans, and i can agree with the decision, i dont think the cage holding should have been that strict, but he was warned. I think the 3rd round was closer than everyone was saying, they were basing it off the takedown alone. Another ten seconds and Tito would have choked him out with that guillotine
Northrend
7/8/07 2:34:02AM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by Northrend

Actually I saw him hold onto it at least 2 other times and that 1 time he held on it did keep him from going down. Also this isn't Bodog
Gladiator
7/8/07 3:15:42AM
i cant stand tito but i felt he won that fight, not the third round but lots of fighters have gotten away with far worse cage grabbings in the past. i dont like fighters breaking rules either but IMO they picked a bad fight to finally start taking points for that. that standup in ken-flos fight was bs too, especially considering sean sherk smotheredfranca for 25 minswithout getting stood up once.
buckndro
7/8/07 3:17:16AM
Cheating is cheating regardless if its instinct to grab when bout to get takin down tito was running it in alot of the rounds but in third tito was tired was perfect call
warglory
7/8/07 3:23:22AM
I am pretty confident this was a good call by McCarthy. There isn't as much cage grabbing to the extent that it prevents an obvious take down. If its a short hold here and there, that can be done away with via a warning, but Tito caused a change in the pace of the match with his cage grab. If he hadn't grabbed, he would have been taken down.
Ydoc
7/8/07 3:28:30AM
You can take the flip side and wonder what that takedown could have done for Rashad, he could have been the bigger victim in that circumstance.

Its like driving for us, everyone some time or another is going to speed, but if we get caught we can't tell the cop about the guy who passed us going even faster moments earlier. The fact everyone does it doesn't justify doing it yourself.
Copenhagen
7/8/07 3:44:21AM
I'm glad this fight was called a Draw. I didn't want to see either one of them walk away satisfied with their performance. Hopefully next time Evans or Tito fight they will put it all on the line. I thought wrong about Tito's cardio and Rashad's aggressiveness coming into this fight. IMO neither one deserved the win, so I'm glad neither one got it.
Trapt1nw0nder
7/8/07 4:03:55AM

Posted by Ydoc

You can take the flip side and wonder what that takedown could have done for Rashad, he could have been the bigger victim in that circumstance.

Its like driving for us, everyone some time or another is going to speed, but if we get caught we can't tell the cop about the guy who passed us going even faster moments earlier. The fact everyone does it doesn't justify doing it yourself.

Yea..because it was Tito driving that car......not Randy Couture..
Ydoc
7/8/07 4:11:21AM
Is that a racial profiling joke or a favoritism crack?

If Randy got caught breaking the rules multiple times he'd deserve whatever he had coming to him. Thankfully Randy has the talent and class not to rely on cheating.
nubby
7/8/07 4:17:03AM

Posted by warglory

I am pretty confident this was a good call by McCarthy. There isn't as much cage grabbing to the extent that it prevents an obvious take down. If its a short hold here and there, that can be done away with via a warning, but Tito caused a change in the pace of the match with his cage grab. If he hadn't grabbed, he would have been taken down.

He did get taken down right after he got the point deducted. It actually didn't change the pace in that instance at all. I will say this, Tito looked like crap during that fight and the draw is what he deserved. I have a feeling in a rematch Tito would lose. I think the only thing keeping Tito alive in that fight was Rashad's timidness. **** I hate saying that.
JunCTion
7/8/07 4:23:48AM
how come so many start out their posts calling out all the tito haters and all their responses to the tough questions or statements are because were tito haters. in almost every post on the playground about tito there is someone calling anyone with a statement that is not in titos favor a tito hater and the only reason we might not agree with tito is because we don't like him. its kind of getting old. all the tito hater haters. i didnt like tito very much but after tough i really liked him. he cares, hes a hard worker and hes very passionate about what he does. but his last few performances have been average at best. the only person hes dominated in a long time is shamrock. im not hating on tito. thats just how it is. when he dominates and finishes a fight (KO) then i might change my mind. but for now hes an ok fighter maybe past his prime.
nubby
7/8/07 4:37:30AM
He's never been a real KO fighter. Most of his fights have gone to decision. The thing is his style doesn't generally knock people out unless they are really bad at the full guard. His style just damages the hell out of them take his fight against Forrest or Cote. He rained down elbows and both went to decisions.
CWall33
7/8/07 4:48:17AM
About time they started enforcing the rules.

They all know grabbing the fence is illegal, yet it happens all the time. Keep it up. You step outside the rules, you get penalized.
veritas
7/8/07 6:20:04AM
I'm a Tito fan and seeing as i picked him to win by decision it was hard to watch the point being taken away, but Tito even admitted that "if you aint cheating you aint trying" or something along those lines. Honestly, I think he would have won regardless if he wasn't taken down in those last 10 seconds. That take down is what made the point deduction so harsh, but as much as I think it sucks to have a round lost because of holding onto the fence for a few seconds at the end of a round, it was a fair call, and so was the draw because of it. And in regards to Fedor grabbing the ropes, its totally different and doesn't nullify this call by Big John, besides it just shows how much different UFC is from Bodog. Sucks, but I think if Tito couldve avoided the last take down he still had it won
Trapt1nw0nder
7/8/07 6:25:42AM

Posted by nubby

Posted by warglory

He did get taken down right after he got the point deducted. It actually didn't change the pace in that instance at all. I will say this, Tito looked like crap during that fight and the draw is what he deserved. I have a feeling in a rematch Tito would lose. I think the only thing keeping Tito alive in that fight was Rashad's timidness. **** I hate saying that.

I admit,Tito did look like crap,but he still won.......I knew Rashad was gonna be a tough test,but if he got past him i think he has the style match up to beat other top fighters much easier...like Shogun,and others that dont have quite as good of a takedown defense

Tito vs Rashad is just a bad match up for both
Lord_Lenny
7/8/07 6:57:56AM
exactly, which is why i don't want this fight to happen again right away. That fight really made them both look bad and boring. if either Rashad or Tito were fighting a lesser opponent they would have taken down the guy and dominated

I just re-watched the fight and i am not sure i am too fond of point deduction either. it seems like the grab that cost him the point was the only one that mattered at all. the other ones were basically just instinct and for a split second

And about the whole tito hater thing, i have only called people tito haters when they dont offer any evidence or anything remotely intelligent along with their anti-tito remarks. I was sick of half of the tito threads being filled with tito sucks, rashad will pound his face in... and other generic statements that everyone had heard a million times
CroCop1
7/8/07 10:20:57AM
I wish there was a few more seconds left in the round when tito had the gillotine it would have been over.. I don't like tito i just needed him to win lol
Rush
7/8/07 10:31:20AM
Here are my thoughts on the fight

I liked the draw call.

Tito holding the fence - he deserved to get the point deducted, becuase the fight was pretty close and I think the takedown that Rashad would have scored, could have made the difference in the fight. I am 100% point deductions for rule violations that clearly can affect the (score) outcome of the round. Had Rashad been dominating Tito that whole round and Tito held the fence once, I don't see a point deduction being a necessary.

Tito, despite taking Rashad down did absolutely nothing on the ground. In fact Rashad got more shots in from the bottom that Tito did from the top.

I think this is the best way to score a fight that went like that. In fact, there are a couple of other fights that should have been scored draws in the last year. The fans may not like it, but I think it's fair.

What I am pissed about is that I picked Rashad by split/draw and didn't get my points for it.
Trapt1nw0nder
7/8/07 10:32:10AM
Why would this topic be moved tot he "Spoiler" Topics?

so you are saying(whoever moved it)....that a "Anderson Silva is Unbeatable!!!!..",and a "Sean Sherk claims Penn in November" are "Spoilers" enough and they clearly indicate that they both won?

Spoiler Topics are useless and just a place where stuff goes unread.......if you havent seen the fights then you have no business on the MMA forums

the only reason i marked my thread as *spoilers* was for the simple fact so it wouldnt get moved

The other reason i hate the "Spoiler" topics section is because maybe sometimes you wanna go in there to talk about Tito/Evans,and right under you might see results from a fight you didnt wanna know about(prelims)
Brick
7/8/07 10:35:22AM
Wow, Trapt, the top four fighters on your list are also the biggest douchebags in the sport. Interesting.
Trapt1nw0nder
7/8/07 10:44:49AM

Posted by Brick

Wow, Trapt, the top four fighters on your list are also the biggest douchebags in the sport. Interesting.

so is the guy in your avatar..
Rush
7/8/07 12:21:29PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by Brick

so is the guy in your avatar..

ZING!!!!
warglory
7/8/07 2:07:54PM

Posted by CroCop1

I wish there was a few more seconds left in the round when tito had the gillotine it would have been over.. I don't like tito i just needed him to win lol

Nah, it wasn't in tight enough. Rashad would have muscled his way out. It was an off angle for a quality guillotine.
Trapt1nw0nder
7/9/07 10:14:01AM

Posted by warglory

Posted by CroCop1

Nah, it wasn't in tight enough. Rashad would have muscled his way out. It was an off angle for a quality guillotine.

If there were more time,yea Tito had him in the guillotine,and he may have escaped,but Tito also reversed him in the process and was in full mount and would of smashed on Rashads face