Tito vs Rashad

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Tito vs Rashad
aceprone
1/29/07 1:58:56AM
I was on another mma websight and saw someone made a post about a possible fight between Rashad and Tito for the England show. I don't know if this fight is going to happen, but I did think it would make a great discussion on this board. And the post also went on to say a possible fight between Bisbing and Forrest. Two great matches I hope we see in the future no matter what.
strikefirstgear
1/29/07 2:08:35AM
These are two matches I want to see! Hopefully it happens.
hippysmacker
1/29/07 2:12:00AM
I'd say if Rashad is fighting Tito it's either a prerequisite to a title fight , or punishment for backtalking Dana at the fightnight press conference. I think he may be a better wrestler than Tito, and he has faster hands. I heard on a radio show maybe Rashad vs Forest. I think Bisping will probably be given someone like James Irvin. Somebody who looks good, but really isn't IMO. They should want to give him somebody with less of a chance of beating him in his first fight in the UK for the UFC. As for Forest they have a lot invested in him also so I wouldn't be surprised if they give him somebody he should beat also. I guess we can hope these matches get made, It would make for 2 entertaining fights.
crimethinc
1/29/07 6:01:55AM
I think those would be two outstanding fights. A lot of people would probably think it an easy victory for Tito. But after his last couple fights I think Rashad is starting to represent his 10-0 record and earning a lot of respect in the process.

Bisping and Forrest would also be a great fight. A good striking match up possibly as exciting as Griffin vs Bonnar 1. Although Bisping only has 1 non TUF UFC fight to his credit and Forrest is a damn UFC poster boy so I could see theis match up a little down the linebut not right away. They need to revamp Forrest because he's a great fighter and a huge dollar sign for Dana. They should probably put him in a fight that he should definitely win, maybe against someone like Keith Jardine. Oh wait...
thelastking
1/29/07 1:32:03PM
Sound like to good mathups hope they happen. more excited to see tito and rashad and see if rashad lives up to the hype
Reignofterror
1/29/07 1:59:35PM
I'd say its too early for Rashad to begin fighting the big dogs in LHW division he's only beaten one person of honorable mention and thats Lambert, and Tito is leaps and bounds ahead in terms of overall skill. Rashad is still getting improving upon his game, and until he beats a considerable challenge for him, him fighting Ortiz is just out of the question IMO.
BloodandTears
1/29/07 2:08:51PM

Posted by Reignofterror

I'd say its too early for Rashad to begin fighting the big dogs in LHW division he's only beaten one person of honorable mention and thats Lambert, and Tito is leaps and bounds ahead in terms of overall skill. Rashad is still getting improving upon his game, and until he beats a considerable challenge for him, him fighting Ortiz is just out of the question IMO.

Your right, it is too early for Tito, but I would like to see it. Rashad's next fight should be a quality opponent, but not Tito. Toss him Jeremy Horn!!!

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
nickcuc547
1/29/07 5:58:48PM
tito would beat rashad, rashad may be stronger but tito is the more seasoned fighter, we have yet to see rashad fight on his back against a guy half as lethal as tito. bisping would ko griffin, forrest is the most overrated fighter in mma, he can hang with anybody but he doesnt have the power to finish anybody off. griffin wont have an answer for bisping rounded striking, kicks and knees will do him in.
hippysmacker
1/29/07 6:30:48PM
I 'm pretty sure Horn is with the IFl, and I know he's really a 185 lb. fighter. If their going to the UK they need to get Manhoef and Freeman. Freeman has the UFC pedigree and he's a tough fighter. Manhoef vs a good 185 lb. striker would be fireworks.
pv3Hpv3p
1/29/07 9:11:42PM

Posted by hippysmacker
Manhoef vs a good 185 lb. striker would be fireworks.

Word to that... If swick wasn't fighting Okami and Franklin wasn't fighting McDonald, I think they would both make good matchups. (i'd like to see Melvin vs Kang personally)

Tito vs Rashad, would be a competetive matchup, IMO... I've never seen Rashad really dominated on the ground, and it's tuff to outwrestle Tito... I think of the two, I would go with Rashad's unorthodox standup, Tito's never really shown me that much on his feet. Could go either way, if Tito can control the mat he's in good shape to win a decision, otherwise, I see Evans squeeking out a decision, or getting lucky with a big shot / TKO win.
strikefirstgear
1/30/07 2:47:30AM

Posted by hippysmacker

I'd say if Rashad is fighting Tito it's either a prerequisite to a title fight , or punishment for backtalking Dana at the fightnight press conference. I think he may be a better wrestler than Tito, and he has faster hands. I heard on a radio show maybe Rashad vs Forest. I think Bisping will probably be given someone like James Irvin. Somebody who looks good, but really isn't IMO. They should want to give him somebody with less of a chance of beating him in his first fight in the UK for the UFC. As for Forest they have a lot invested in him also so I wouldn't be surprised if they give him somebody he should beat also. I guess we can hope these matches get made, It would make for 2 entertaining fights.

Good call on the James Irvin idea. They might pull someone a bit higher on the food chain out like Babalu to fight him. He has earned it.
aceprone
1/30/07 2:53:11AM
How about Tito vs. Jardine? That's a match right there. Someone with similar take down defense like Chuck, but I don't think he has the power of chuck, but as we witnessed the last paper view, he does have some power in his hands.
Svartorm
1/30/07 2:56:51AM
Bisping and Babalu? I don't see Bisping walking away from that one with his record intact. It could be a good fight though.
Sticksta13
1/30/07 3:01:03AM

Posted by Reignofterror

could not have been more well said
tffdwg38
1/30/07 4:19:25PM
rashad would crush tito
tito is overrated big time
nate22
1/30/07 4:35:27PM

Posted by tffdwg38

rashad would crush tito
tito is overrated big time

Tito maybe overrated but you're overrating Rashad if you think he would 'crush' Tito.

And for the record Tito has the experience and ability to stand with Rashad until he finds the oppurtunity for a takedown. Once it's on the ground Tito will more than likely keep it there and do alot of damage.

I think it's a hard fight for Rashad but he's showing great potential to bang with the Top guys in the division. Tito may not be one of them at the moment but he sure is a great gate keeper and will give trouble to the Rashads and Bispings of the division as we saw he did with Forrest.
fedorwins1
1/30/07 7:10:10PM
I don't think Rashad is quite ready for Tito yet. I think Tito would control him on the ground.
shakeandbake
1/30/07 7:55:13PM
tito would win because rashad doesnt have good take down defense and tito even took chuck down once. tito via gnp
Trapt1nw0nder
2/1/07 2:21:15AM
Rashad is not ready for someone like Tito....Rashad might be a good wrestler,but Tito is still too big and powerful for him....Tito is no Lambert,nor Solmon(god rest his soul..lol)...if Solmon was able to take him down quite easily,im sure Tito will keep him down and GnP on him.....Rashad is on the rise but he is still Maturing as a fighter and improving his skill

he still has to face the ...Sobrals..Griffins....rematch with the much improved Jardine.....of that division before he can be put in with someone like Chuck and Tito

Chuck is the only person Tito cant fight as himself...he even said in an interview that with chuck he thinks its some kind of confidence issue that he can fix...pretty much tells me he is affraid of chuck...or just knows he is better than him....Tito has the skill to beat chuck..he just needs the confidence...THE EYE OF THE TIGER he has when he fights other fighters....something he didnt have when he fought chuck
BabbyHughes
2/1/07 2:30:52AM
I would love to see both of those matches. I think Rashad is rapidly improving, and I would put my money on him if he fought Tito. They are both some of my favorite fighters, but I think Rashad is a little better than Tito in pretty much everything, except crap talking of course. Bisping and Forest would be an awesome match up to see also. I think Forest is really hungry for a win, and I think Bisping needs a test of some of the 205 contendership.
hippysmacker
2/1/07 2:36:03AM

Posted by BabbyHughes

I would love to see both of those matches. I think Rashad is rapidly improving, and I would put my money on him if he fought Tito. They are both some of my favorite fighters, but I think Rashad is a little better than Tito in pretty much everything, except crap talking of course. Bisping and Forest would be an awesome match up to see also. I think Forest is really hungry for a win, and I think Bisping needs a test of some of the 205 contendership.

I agree that Rashad has better wrestling, standup, faster, Chin. The only thing I think Tito has on him is size, strength, and experience. I believe Rashad would beat Tito, but they won't fight anytime soon. I think Rampage is next, then you'll see Rashad face Tito or Babalu. If he wins ,he's next.
allevil86
2/1/07 1:39:45PM
before rashads last fight I would say tito would take it bur rashad impressed the hell out of me with that kick.