Tito vs Rashad

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Tito vs Rashad
« Previous Page
KentaFuji
3/10/07 1:04:53PM
Tito is going to come in overconfident for this, and Rashad is going to maul him.

Then again, i hate Tito, so maybe I'm SLIGHTLY biast...maybe
TheArchitect
3/10/07 3:49:50PM
Tough fight,
Id give this one to Tito.

It depends on how tito is taking his loss to chuck. I think we could see a mental thing similiar to what happened to vitor happening to tito.
BloodandTears
3/10/07 4:04:30PM
Man I was hoping it was Tito/Rashad but I didnt know it was set yet. I give it to Tito Ortiz second round, sub! But I dont like either one so I dont really care who wins.
FBD
3/10/07 4:14:36PM

Posted by gspfan

IMO this fight will be one of the most important fights in Tito's career. If Rashad can come in and defeat Tito, where does that leave him? His die hard fans at this point still look at Tito as one of the elite fighters in mma. However, I think alot of mma fans in general question his status as a top contender.

For the past five years Tito has not defeated, without controversy, any top quality fighters. His wins over Vitor and Forrest are controversial and alot of people believe he actually lost those fights. Regardless, those are wins on his record but the discrepancies are blatently clear when Tito fights a level up in competition from a Patrick Cote or an out of his prime Ken Shamrock.

Although Rashad is still not a proven fighter himself, I think that we can all agree that he is very talented, has huge potential, and his athleticism alone can win him some fights. Saying that, if Tito gets the win, I think it will definatly solidify him as a top 10 LHW. However if Tito loses, I think this reinforces the ? some fans, such as myself, have on his top 10 status. It would IMO clearly show that Tito can not hang with the A level guys, and is most likely just a top notch B level fighter. With Tito's ego, I know he doesn't wanna be looked at like that.

Anyways, i'm really glad this fight is happening because i've always had a ? labeled over Tito's head and it'll finally show me where he stands among the rest of the LHW field.

I'm going with Rashad via UD.

Its funny that anyone would think forrest actually won that fight. I know this subject has been argued thousands of times, but even though forrest might have won round 2, and did get the better of the stand up, tito landed some good shots also, and the beatdown he gave forrest in the first 3-4 minutes pretty much sets in stone that he won.
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/10/07 4:56:00PM

Posted by FBD

Posted by gspfan

IMO this fight will be one of the most important fights in Tito's career. If Rashad can come in and defeat Tito, where does that leave him? His die hard fans at this point still look at Tito as one of the elite fighters in mma. However, I think alot of mma fans in general question his status as a top contender.

For the past five years Tito has not defeated, without controversy, any top quality fighters. His wins over Vitor and Forrest are controversial and alot of people believe he actually lost those fights. Regardless, those are wins on his record but the discrepancies are blatently clear when Tito fights a level up in competition from a Patrick Cote or an out of his prime Ken Shamrock.

Although Rashad is still not a proven fighter himself, I think that we can all agree that he is very talented, has huge potential, and his athleticism alone can win him some fights. Saying that, if Tito gets the win, I think it will definatly solidify him as a top 10 LHW. However if Tito loses, I think this reinforces the ? some fans, such as myself, have on his top 10 status. It would IMO clearly show that Tito can not hang with the A level guys, and is most likely just a top notch B level fighter. With Tito's ego, I know he doesn't wanna be looked at like that.

Anyways, i'm really glad this fight is happening because i've always had a ? labeled over Tito's head and it'll finally show me where he stands among the rest of the LHW field.

Its funny that anyone would think forrest actually won that fight. I know this subject has been argued thousands of times, but even though forrest might have won round 2, and did get the better of the stand up, tito landed some good shots also, and the beatdown he gave forrest in the first 3-4 minutes pretty much sets in stone that he won.

I watched that fight recently and not many good shots of forests really got through. Tito turtled up really well and his arms took the brunt of Forests attacks
Playground_Samurai
3/10/07 7:30:16PM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by FBD

Posted by gspfan

I watched that fight recently and not many good shots of forests really got through. Tito turtled up really well and his arms took the brunt of Forests attacks

First of all, I just wanna say that I never said I thought he lost the fight. I said "alot of people thought he actually lost those fights." As for who I think won the fight, it's really to close for me to call. I gave Tito the first, Forrest the second, and an even third. People will disagree one way or the other.

Second of all, I know i'm the one that brought their names into the conversation, but are Vitor or Forrest even that notable anyhow? I mean, I know they're good fighters, but perhaps a little over-rated. They're both still young and have both time and potential to prove me wrong. However, whenever Vitor gets in the ring or cage with what most people would consider an A level fighter, he loses. One exception being the win over Couture via cut less than a minute into the first round.

As far as Forrest, his first fight with Bonnar pretty much made him who he is. He definatly has potential, but his record is littered with wins over B and C level fighters, and showed to be vulnurable in his fight with Jardine.

Basically, the point i'm making is, beating Forrest and Vitor doesn't necessarily make you a top ten LHW IMO.
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/10/07 7:33:28PM
I agree GSP fan. I think your are right on the button about Tito being in the top 10.

I think Babalu is another one that is very questionable
jocksmall
3/11/07 12:37:55AM
im glad we are getting this fight . props to the ufc this is one the fans want.
tito talks about his great cardio but he looked tired against forrest. if he is in good shape he is a favorite but if he comes in like he did in his last couple of fights then evans will beat him.
im taking the safe pick and taking tito in this fight . to me he is proven and i believe tito has the best ground and pound in the ufc
CincySaint
3/11/07 12:52:43AM
What a match-up!! A year ago i never would think I would say this, but I'm going with Rashad. He continues to get better, and is starting to remind me of Chuck, yeah Chuck. Started as a wrestler, but his strikes are becoming his calling cards, great takedown defense.... I still see Salmon's face meeting Rashads foot...I think I can see Tito's face there instead. The one thing I can't answer is if Rashad has the heart to weather the initial Tito storm, like Forest did. Either way I think this one ends before it gets to the judges!
gimmper
3/11/07 1:05:49AM
Tito by referee stoppage...ground & pound....round 1...Thank you
FBD
3/11/07 3:59:35AM
I honestly cant wait for this fight
hathcock32
3/11/07 6:14:20AM

Posted by jocksmall

tito talks about his great cardio but he looked tired against forrest. if he is in good shape he is a favorite but if he comes in like he did in his last couple of fights then evans will beat him.
im taking the safe pick and taking tito in this fight . to me he is proven and i believe tito has the best ground and pound in the ufc

He's got the best cardio in the game. The reason he might of looked a little tired in the Forrest fight is becuase he was injured throughout training for that fight and gassed. Dont doubt Tito's cardi if he's healthy.
hippysmacker
3/11/07 7:00:53AM
I agree Tito has great cardio, but I wouldn't call it the best in the game. I wouldn't even say it's the best at LHVY, as I would give that to Randy. Also, a lot of guys at smaller weights have much faster paces and maintain them . In the UFC alone you have GSP,Diego, Fitch,Hominick, Sherk, just off the top of my head. I would say Tito might have the 2nd best at LHVY in the UFC alone. That's still impressive, but nowhere near the best in the game IMO.
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/11/07 5:28:07PM

Posted by hathcock32

Posted by jocksmall

He's got the best cardio in the game. The reason he might of looked a little tired in the Forrest fight is becuase he was injured throughout training for that fight and gassed. Dont doubt Tito's cardi if he's healthy.

I love how people always say he has great cardio. He has the most advertised cardio. yay he trains high altitude, and in interviews he always says what a cardio machine he is. Is his cardio better than Randy's? Better than Tim Silvia's, GSP?

I think Tito has great cardio, but its really not something to brag about. Most fighters have really good cardio, its just a given IMO
hathcock32
3/11/07 5:47:39PM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by hathcock32

Posted by jocksmall

I love how people always say he has great cardio. He has the most advertised cardio. yay he trains high altitude, and in interviews he always says what a cardio machine he is. Is his cardio better than Randy's? Better than Tim Silvia's, GSP?

I think Tito has great cardio, but its really not something to brag about. Most fighters have really good cardio, its just a given IMO

Sylivas cardio is questionable IMO. Yea he can go 5 rounds...but before the Randy fight he was basically fighting boxing matches with a minute here or there on the ground. Not to much energy exerted IMO. I agree that GSP has top of the line cardio, anxious to see how he does in a 5 round bout.....if someone can take him that long.
Junior24
3/12/07 1:59:45PM
Back in the day before Zuffa, I was a huge Tito fan. Then the stardom got to his head I think. I really believed he would take out Chuck in their second match. He proved to me then that he hasnt improved much. He may be stronger and better shape, but he still relies soley on GNP (He is in top 5). If he surrounds himself w/real strikers I think he reak havoc. What he did to Ken in their first match is what he is capable of. I would have to go w/Rashad on this one, because at this point, Rashad is fighting for more. Tito has much more at stake on this fight though. Rashad in R3 via TKO.
ryderstrong69
3/17/07 11:22:08PM
i hope i can stay awake through these 2 lay and prayers fight
somethingclever
3/18/07 6:25:49PM
This fight is almost too close to call. I think that this fight will end by decision. Whose hand is raised at the end though is a tough call to make. I think I give the wrestling edge to Rashad but the experience is on Tito's side.
hathcock32
3/20/07 2:14:18AM

Posted by ryderstrong69

i hope i can stay awake through these 2 lay and prayers fight

Tito hasone of the best GnP in the game. Rashad has finished his last 2 opponets with devastating KO's
hippysmacker
3/20/07 7:36:37PM
IMO Rashad is better on the feet, and has a better chin. I think the wrestling is really close, but Tito has much better GnP. As for subs people are always saying Tito has them, but by his own admission he prefers to go for the GnP.We have yet to see Rashad using the subgame also , so that's a wash to me. I think Tito's unwillingness to use subs could hurt him here, because he will spend some time on his back. I'm gonna take Rashad by UD, with him keeping it on the feet most of the time
hathcock32
3/20/07 8:23:55PM

Posted by hippysmacker

IMO Rashad is better on the feet, and has a better chin. I think the wrestling is really close, but Tito has much better GnP. As for subs people are always saying Tito has them, but by his own admission he prefers to go for the GnP.We have yet to see Rashad using the subgame also , so that's a wash to me. I think Tito's unwillingness to use subs could hurt him here, because he will spend some time on his back. I'm gonna take Rashad by UD, with him keeping it on the feet most of the time

IMO Rashad hasnt proven his chin agianst very good strikers.....and if i remember right Imes rocked him in the finale. I think Tito has the better chin he took some shots from Chuck in both fights and was still standing. And i cant see Rashad finishing this fight. Tito thinks he can bang with Evans and IMO i can see a KO on the feet by Tito. But most likely i see a 3rd round stoppage Gnp for Tito.
Fumar-Fortiuse
3/21/07 2:53:13PM
Guys lets not forget that Tito has been doing this for a little bit longer then Rashad and plus I haven't even seen Rashad fight on pay per view yet. Can he handle that pressure of facing one of this sports most reconizable fighters. I'm personally don't think he can. Rather you like or hate him Tito has been in their with the best and I think it's safe to say that Tito will be Rashads toughest opponett yet so with all that I'm giving this one to Tito by decision. The only way Rashad can win this, is by getting one of those lucky KOs he's been getting here lately. To me Rashad is still nothing more then a wrestler, I mean how many fights have you seen him in where he just holds is opponett down for 15 minutes and then he wins on the score cards.
hippysmacker
3/21/07 3:41:23PM

Posted by hathcock32

Posted by hippysmacker

IMO Rashad hasnt proven his chin agianst very good strikers.....and if i remember right Imes rocked him in the finale. I think Tito has the better chin he took some shots from Chuck in both fights and was still standing. And i cant see Rashad finishing this fight. Tito thinks he can bang with Evans and IMO i can see a KO on the feet by Tito. But most likely i see a 3rd round stoppage Gnp for Tito.

Well I certainly hope we find out who is better on the feet. As for Rashad's chin I disagree. Imes looks like he hits real hard to me, and Rashad took his hots and kept coming and dropped him 2 or 3 times.He also fought at HVY in the past and I'm sure he has been hit plenty of times, and is still undefeated. Also, I think Rashad has faster hands. To me Tito only wins if goes for the sub or can get in a dominant top position for a long GnP. I think Rashad is a far better wrestler than Cote, Shamrock, and Forrest. They are the only guys he's been able to work a good GnP against in a long while. When the time comes howabout a $500 dollar fantasy wager( if either or both of us have the money) . Let me know . Thanks
pv3Hpv3p
3/21/07 3:45:39PM

Posted by hathcock32

Posted by hippysmacker

Imes is a huge guy, and Rashad def got the better in the standup in that fight... What normal man wouldn't get rocked by a 6'8" monster... Lidell was rocked by Overeem in their fight over in Pride, but it didn't account for much...

With all that being said, this is the one test for Rashad that could skyrocket him in the majority of hardcore MMA fans opinions...

I don't see either one having a huge advantage in any aspect of the game, except for Tito's experience, and I don't know if that is enough to give him the edge...

This should be a very hard fought contest, and IMO will end a lot like Tito / Forrest did, except for Shad getting the SD...
AchillesHeel
3/21/07 3:46:15PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Well I certainly hope we find out who is better on the feet. As for Rashad's chin I disagree. Imes looks like he hits real hard to me, and Rashad took his hots and kept coming and dropped him 2 or 3 times.

Yeah, Lambert doesn't exactly hit like a girl, either.

To me Tito only wins if goes for the sub or can get in a dominant top position for a long GnP. I think Rashad is a far better wrestler than Cote, Shamrock, and Forrest. They are the only guys he's been able to work a good GnP against in a long while.

Sean Salmon actually gave Rashad a hard time on the ground, and I think Tito's GnP is light-years ahead of Salmon's.

I'd give Rashad a small edge in the stand-up game, but I think he'll be in some hot water with Tito in the clinch and on the ground.
nellyhiphophead
3/21/07 4:49:01PM
i think it's who ever can take the other down and works the gnp. and then standing matters what one gets hit the that one shot. hard one to call and i would love to see it. tito the ufcs new gatekeeper at 205.
Pages: 1 [2]