Chuck Liddell vs. TBA
Tito Ortiz vs. Rashad Evans
Karo Parisyan vs. Josh Burkman
Eric Schafer vs. Sean Salmon
Chris Leben vs. Kalib Starnes

Tito vs Rashad. Im going with Rashad
shawneth
3/8/07 4:00:31PM
Do you have a source or is this your speculation, because MMAweekly says it Jardine.
waylon_o
3/8/07 4:03:46PM
I heard it was Jardine...and didn't someone on here post that Lidell wasn't fighting on that card anymore?
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/8/07 4:10:25PM
source

scroll down to the bottom of the page noobs
richieb19
3/8/07 4:11:16PM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

I'll bet you on that in a heartbeat...
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/8/07 4:13:20PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

I think Tito would win but I hate Rashad less
waylon_o
3/8/07 4:13:34PM
Holy shit he's right! Tito vs. Rashad...wow. That will be a good fight (not that I didn't think Tito vs Jardine wouldn't have been). Does anyone else think Rashad looks fat in that pic???
Berti
3/8/07 4:15:49PM
i would think that tito/rashad would be a way better matchup then tito/jardine...dont get me wrong, im a jardine fan, but i think rashad is more prepared to make that next level step..
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/8/07 4:17:09PM

Posted by waylon_o

Holy shit he's right! Tito vs. Rashad...wow. That will be a good fight (not that I didn't think Tito vs Jardine wouldn't have been). Does anyone else think Rashad looks fat in that pic???

When have I ever been wrong.......*cough* Noguiera/soukuduju *cough*
Trapt1nw0nder
3/8/07 4:17:21PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

me too....Tito will win this fight
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/8/07 4:18:11PM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by richieb19

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

I think Tito would win but I hate Rashad less

See comment above
Trapt1nw0nder
3/8/07 4:20:10PM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by waylon_o

looks like 7 times....8 if you would of predicted all 27 fights instead of 26
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/8/07 4:30:49PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by waylon_o

looks like 7 times....8 if you would of predicted all 27 fights instead of 26

ya but I was betting real money with friends on that fight. lol!
shawneth
3/8/07 4:43:13PM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

source

How the **** does you not posting a source make us noobs. Congradufuckinglations! You found out some interesting news. You get a gold star.
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/8/07 4:45:38PM

Posted by shawneth

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

source

How the **** does you not posting a source make us noobs. Congradufuckinglations! You found out some interesting news. You get a gold star.

First of all I dont post things like this without knowledge. second of all I was joking

third of all Tapout shorts suck and they have ugly designs, and the stitching sucks on them. (in reference to your tapout avatar)

Noob
shawneth
3/8/07 4:50:38PM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by shawneth

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

source

First of all I dont post things like this without knowledge. second of all I was joking

third of all Tapout shorts suck and they have ugly designs, and the stitching sucks on them. (in reference to your tapout avatar)

Noob

A wise man knows when he just made an idiot of himself. Sry. I take things too seriously sometimes....
Playground_Samurai
3/8/07 4:52:55PM
IMO this fight will be one of the most important fights in Tito's career. If Rashad can come in and defeat Tito, where does that leave him? His die hard fans at this point still look at Tito as one of the elite fighters in mma. However, I think alot of mma fans in general question his status as a top contender.

For the past five years Tito has not defeated, without controversy, any top quality fighters. His wins over Vitor and Forrest are controversial and alot of people believe he actually lost those fights. Regardless, those are wins on his record but the discrepancies are blatently clear when Tito fights a level up in competition from a Patrick Cote or an out of his prime Ken Shamrock.

Although Rashad is still not a proven fighter himself, I think that we can all agree that he is very talented, has huge potential, and his athleticism alone can win him some fights. Saying that, if Tito gets the win, I think it will definatly solidify him as a top 10 LHW. However if Tito loses, I think this reinforces the ? some fans, such as myself, have on his top 10 status. It would IMO clearly show that Tito can not hang with the A level guys, and is most likely just a top notch B level fighter. With Tito's ego, I know he doesn't wanna be looked at like that.

Anyways, i'm really glad this fight is happening because i've always had a ? labeled over Tito's head and it'll finally show me where he stands among the rest of the LHW field.

I'm going with Rashad via UD.
FBD
3/8/07 4:58:46PM
im excited for this fight, the only thing that sucks is tito is one of my favorite fighters and rashad has become one of my favorite fighters. but i still have root for tito and i think he will pull out a decision. you never know though, rashad is a bad ass.
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/8/07 6:55:30PM

Posted by shawneth

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by shawneth

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

source

Noob

A wise man knows when he just made an idiot of himself. Sry. I take things too seriously sometimes....

much love brotha!
hippysmacker
3/8/07 7:12:49PM

Posted by shawneth

Do you have a source or is this your speculation, because MMAweekly says it Jardine.

I pasted it from MMAnews.com

Tito Ortiz vs. Rashad Evans at UFC 71

This entry was posted on 3/8/2007 7:27 AM and is filed under uncategorized.

It's been reported in multiple outlets that Tito Ortiz will fight Keith Jardine at UFC 71 in May. I believe Tito may have even confirmed the bout himself. However, while interviewing Dana White for CBS Sportsline yesterday Dana indicated Tito's opponent at UFC 71 will be Rashad Evans so I'm not so sure he'll be fighting Jardine.
Gogoplata
3/8/07 9:08:52PM

That's most likely Rashad's pic from TUF when he was fighting at HW.
Ydoc
3/8/07 9:31:43PM
Rashad is gonna make me some nice fantasy coin... hopefully enough people still buy into Tito to give me some nice odds.
loller90278
3/8/07 10:22:20PM
ydoc we seem to always have different fighters to be winners. i'll take a bet with you on rashad vs tito.

tito wins by w/e he wants
and dont forget that gomi-diaz bet we soon will bet on !
Broknmunky
3/9/07 3:46:00PM
Tito by dec.
What about Karo/Burkman? That should be a good one!
ryderstrong69
3/10/07 12:03:37AM
this could be the worse fight since ken shamrock and dan severn, both fighers are lay and prayers. I know people think rashad has evolved but just because he finished an out of shape lambert and kicked a d level figher in teh head does nothing to improve his lay and pray standing he is one diminsional fighter who is gonna be fighting anouther one diminsional figher in tito i say this fightr goes to dec. and i really dont want to see either win so hopefully it will be declared a draw and if we are lucky both fighters will retire and never fight again
ryderstrong69
3/10/07 12:05:53AM

Posted by Broknmunky

Tito by dec.

i am looking forward to karo burkman i think this fight could steel the show, i think karo takes this one
poll77
3/10/07 3:35:05AM

Posted by ryderstrong69

this could be the worse fight since ken shamrock and dan severn, both fighers are lay and prayers. I know people think rashad has evolved but just because he finished an out of shape lambert and kicked a d level figher in teh head does nothing to improve his lay and pray standing he is one diminsional fighter who is gonna be fighting anouther one diminsional figher in tito i say this fightr goes to dec. and i really dont want to see either win so hopefully it will be declared a draw and if we are lucky both fighters will retire and never fight again

waaaah waaaah waaaah
Broknmunky
3/10/07 8:42:18AM

Posted by ryderstrong69

Posted by Broknmunky

Tito by dec.

i am looking forward to karo burkman i think this fight could steel the show, i think karo takes this one

I agree that this fight couold steal the show but I don't know who I would pick just yet. I like Karo, especially how he throws people on their heads with Judo throws, but Burkman has been looking pretty good. I wonder what the outcome would've been if he hadn't got hurt on TUF?
ruttenfan
3/10/07 10:05:31AM
i wouldn't count tito out, but this is a bad matchup for him. how does tito win every fight? takedowns and gnp. rashad is a better wrestler. i don't know who would win if the fight was on the feet. tito has sharp boxing, but not a lot if power. rashad isn't too shabby either and we all know he can through a ko power kick. but assuming that at some point someone wants it to go to the ground like these guys usually do, i think rashad will determine when and how. i could be wrong though.
Trapt1nw0nder
3/10/07 12:03:13PM

Posted by ruttenfan

i wouldn't count tito out, but this is a bad matchup for him. how does tito win every fight? takedowns and gnp. rashad is a better wrestler. i don't know who would win if the fight was on the feet. tito has sharp boxing, but not a lot if power. rashad isn't too shabby either and we all know he can through a ko power kick. but assuming that at some point someone wants it to go to the ground like these guys usually do, i think rashad will determine when and how. i could be wrong though.

if you remember,sean salmon was beating Evans to the punch the whole fight till he got caught with that kick......and we all know Evans will never land a kick like that on Ortiz...he always has hit hands up ready to block and counter

as for the wrestlingi do not see Evans overpowering Tito in any way
Pages: [1] 2