Tito passing title for friendship???

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Tito passing title for friendship???
hathcock32
2/17/07 2:38:06AM
If tito were to win his next few fight and get back into title contention...and rampage beat chuck for the title...he would have to say F*ck it and fight rampage right???
JunCTion
2/17/07 3:09:29AM

Posted by hathcock32

If tito were to win his next few fight and get back into title contention...and rampage beat chuck for the title...he would have to say F*ck it and fight rampage right???

exactly, but check with hippysmacker first. we were talking about this in another thread
OB_Juan
2/17/07 3:58:15AM

Posted by hathcock32

It depends on if he's actually scared to fight Rampage like he was Chuck.

IMO it also depends on who he beats. He could fight Ken 3 more times and it proves nothing. Getting another decision over Forrest in a rematch proves nothing either. Realistically, he just had a chance for the belt and he lost. Time to give new guys a shot. Jardine and Rashad should both technically be ahead of him in the title picture anyhow. Now that Randy is back let him try and avenge that loss (assuming Tim beats Randy). Hell, even Babalu is in about the same situation as Tito.. let them duke it out (which would either end by Babalu via sub or Tito via LnP). Too many factors to consider in this sitrinario.

If he did fight Rampage for the tile it would be disrespectful IMO since Rampage said outright that he wouldn't fight in the UFC while Tito was champ.
Manfred
2/17/07 5:42:11AM
According to Tito, It wasn't entirely about friendship, he was holding out for more money and thought they deserved it for fighting each other.

As far as Rampage goes, he might fight him because of all the crap he took with Liddell. I've only heard Rampage comment on it and he said he won't fight him.
Snacks
2/17/07 5:54:24AM
Rampage and Tito would fight their mothers for the right price.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/17/07 6:15:37AM
Dana is too greedy to offer them the right price...

and i dought Rampage would back down on his word that he wouldnt fight him for a small raise....and like i have said before...tito is an emotional guy and a fight would tear them apart....especially if Rampage knocks him out or TKO's him

I would fight my friend for $200K :)...shit..we would prolly do it for 1K
crimethinc
2/17/07 6:52:21AM
I don't think Tito will get another title shot for a while. The reason Chuck and Tito fought so much was because there was no othe LHW that could hold a candle to them, except Babalu and he got his shot. Now with guys like Jardine, Evans, and Rampage, Chuck and Tito have more contenders to fight then just each other. If Rampage gets the belt, I'm not sure when or If Tito would be the #1 contender again. He would have to get through these other guys and especially Chuck again seeing as he would be more then deserving of a rematch if he loses.
JunCTion
2/17/07 3:05:38PM

Posted by crimethinc

I don't think Tito will get another title shot for a while. The reason Chuck and Tito fought so much was because there was no othe LHW that could hold a candle to them, except Babalu and he got his shot. Now with guys like Jardine, Evans, and Rampage, Chuck and Tito have more contenders to fight then just each other. If Rampage gets the belt, I'm not sure when or If Tito would be the #1 contender again. He would have to get through these other guys and especially Chuck again seeing as he would be more then deserving of a rematch if he loses.

totally agree. if rampage does win that still makes chuck the #1 contender and all the other guys would still have to go through him to get a shot at rampage, so we'd probably see chuck / rampage iii, chuck / tito iii, chuck / babalu iii,
JimiMak
2/17/07 10:32:17PM

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by crimethinc

totally agree. if rampage does win that still makes chuck the #1 contender and all the other guys would still have to go through him to get a shot at rampage, so we'd probably see chuck / rampage iii, chuck / tito iii, chuck / babalu iii,

I've never quite gotten this logic... #1 contender is simply a slot saying you deserve next shot. It shouldn't, IMO, make you gatekeeper. Say noone could beat Chuck? Rampage shouldn't defend his title(?) because noone has "earned it by beating Chuck? If Chuck loses the first question should be who deserves the next shot at Rampage. Chuck should have to wait at least a fight or two and at least 6-12 mos (allow for one or two title defenses). Theoretically being dethrowned champ makes you #1 contender, but rarely (if ever) should a champ get first rematch (IMO).
dstlvb
2/17/07 11:27:47PM
I agree that Rashad should get a shot after Rampage. I think who gets a shot will also depend on how these fights go. If Chuck keeps up his string of first round KOs then we will have to look to Tito to try again. Like him or hate him he made it to the third round, won the second, and had Chuck breathing heavy. Dont think Tito was in serouis trouble in the third and was letting Chuck expend some more energy. After the ref let the first round go, might have been the best plan. If someone else goes the distance with Chuck that opens up the divsion and makes everything more exciting.
JunCTion
2/18/07 12:42:33AM

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by crimethinc

I've never quite gotten this logic... #1 contender is simply a slot saying you deserve next shot. It shouldn't, IMO, make you gatekeeper. Say noone could beat Chuck? Rampage shouldn't defend his title(?) because noone has "earned it by beating Chuck? If Chuck loses the first question should be who deserves the next shot at Rampage. Chuck should have to wait at least a fight or two and at least 6-12 mos (allow for one or two title defenses). Theoretically being dethrowned champ makes you #1 contender, but rarely (if ever) should a champ get first rematch (IMO).

i get your point. i didn't mean to make it sound like they had to go through chuck. rampage should have to defend against someone else, but in the meantime chuck will need an opponent too. danas not going to give him a noname so hes gonna have to fight a top contender and if that person wants their title shot their gonna have to beat chuck. they cant lose to chuck and then get a shot. so whether chuck is the champ or not after the rampage fight someone is still gonna have to go through him to get the belt
crimethinc
2/18/07 3:55:23AM

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by crimethinc

I really should have phrased this differently because I wasn't really meaning "#1 contender" in it's literal sense, it was just a bad way that I phrased it. What I was getting at is that now that there is so much more talent int th LHW division, I don't think Tito is the guy that deserves the next shot. I say the top five contenders right now are Tito, Rashad, Jardine, Rampage, and Babalu. Do I think Tito is the most talented and deserving of these guys for a title shot, no way. Rampage came into the UFC guaranteed a title shot because he beat Chuck in Pride. He deserves his title shot as well. But Tito isn't top of the LHW food chain anymore and he has to prove that he is more deserving then these other contenders before his next shot.
JimiMak
2/18/07 10:43:55PM
I see what both replies to my post are saying, and that's all I really meant is that yeah they'll both need opponents win lose or draw, but someone should get a shot at the winner (in this theory rampage) w/o having to beat the loser (chuck). I agree that chuck would automatically be a top contender. Less than an argument against any of you, that was more a remark (w/o knowing how you all felt) on the #1 contender theory that I see expressed a lot. It's like saying anyone in PRIDE LHW should have to go thru Shogun to get at Wandy, Wandy would never have to defend his title. I think you all see my point, I just don't think #1 should be a "have to" for title defences I just think it should always be top 5-10. Otherwise either a champ doesn't defend or it's all rematches (see Fedor).
JunCTion
2/19/07 1:36:36AM

Posted by JimiMak

I see what both replies to my post are saying, and that's all I really meant is that yeah they'll both need opponents win lose or draw, but someone should get a shot at the winner (in this theory rampage) w/o having to beat the loser (chuck). I agree that chuck would automatically be a top contender. Less than an argument against any of you, that was more a remark (w/o knowing how you all felt) on the #1 contender theory that I see expressed a lot. It's like saying anyone in PRIDE LHW should have to go thru Shogun to get at Wandy, Wandy would never have to defend his title. I think you all see my point, I just don't think #1 should be a "have to" for title defences I just think it should always be top 5-10. Otherwise either a champ doesn't defend or it's all rematches (see Fedor).

agreed. if things go well for rashad and jardine i think we could be seeing a lot of good matches between all 5 of these guys in the next 2 years (and whoever else dana can sign and throw in the mix)

hey, thats pretty cool. i have the 2000 post in the lounge. do i get a cookie or something
madmarck
2/20/07 11:00:39PM

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by hathcock32

exactly, but check with hippysmacker first. we were talking about this in another thread

Yeah but Hathcock32 starts a thread about f*cking everything. Jesus man. Most of em are like this one. Already done. Just posted in somone elses thread dude.
casey64
7/22/07 8:14:46PM

Posted by hathcock32

TOMMYAYO05
7/22/07 11:59:37PM
I think Tito has a better chance then chuck of beating Rampage,Chuck is scared now he never fazed rampage one time in two fights!!!Shogun no he wont beat rampage no stomps or soccer kicks same with wandi.hendo and tito have the best chance,tito can do it if he really gets into fighting and stops messin with all the business crap.His ground and pound might be too tough for rampage if he goes back to the old tito.
Ultimate_fighter
7/23/07 3:46:54AM

Posted by Snacks

Rampage and Tito would fight their mothers for the right price.

cmill21
7/23/07 4:41:00AM
I would like to see tito and rampage fight. I do think rampage would win, but I think it would be a better fight then chuck and page.
Aether
7/23/07 7:44:28AM
pfff... forget about titio. With all of the new talent coming in it's unlikely he's going to see another title shot, and if he does, it probably won't be for at least a year. Hendo is getting his shot in September, and Shogun is more than likely going to be next in line, barring a well-below average performance on his part. Honestly, even Wanderlei will probably see a title fight before Tito does, as he should be back in action shortly after the Rampage Hendo fight. I really don't see Tito in title contention anymore, too much great new talent coming in. I don't think Rashad or Jardine really deserve to be mentioned as far as title contention is concerned either. These are B level fighters, Jardine is arguably a C level fighter, and I don't see either of them being able to hang with any of the people I mentioned above.
masodd
7/23/07 1:20:58PM
tito vs rampage would be great........tito would have to shoot right off the bat and get the takedownor else he would get ko'd ..........tito would have to turn it into a wrestlin match,if he did that we would see the old tito and he would be very hard to beat
xchickox
7/23/07 2:20:06PM
i think rampage would beat tito in first or second round by either big slam ko or tko from ground and pound, he just seems to powerful at the moment
JunCTion
7/23/07 7:55:45PM

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

I think Tito has a better chance then chuck of beating Rampage,Chuck is scared now he never fazed rampage one time in two fights!!!Shogun no he wont beat rampage no stomps or soccer kicks same with wandi.hendo and tito have the best chance,tito can do it if he really gets into fighting and stops messin with all the business crap.His ground and pound might be too tough for rampage if he goes back to the old tito.

What! chuck is scared! what are you talking about?
page did man handled chuck in pride but he got in really good punch this last fight, just like chuck has in his fights. he didnt have time to faze him. and now you say hes scared. what! so that means tito is scared of chuck. babalu is scared of chuck. randy is scared of chuck. bonnar is scared of forest. AA is scared of tim. page is scared of wandy. herring is scared of big nog. etc etc etc.
im sorry i have a bad memory, does anyone else have any names of fighters that are scared cuz they lost 2 in a row to the same fighter.

and another thing. titos gnp too tough for page. back to the old tito. hahahahah

but on the other hand you have good points with shogun, wandi and hendo.