Tito Ortiz wants to see Vitor Belfor fight Anderson Silva

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Tito Ortiz wants to see Vitor Belfor fight Anderson Silva
MMAcca
1/25/09 12:37:34PM
“Wow! That’s all I got to say. Vitor at 185 pounds. I don’t know. I see him beating the, uh, what was it, Anderson Silva. I see him picking him apart because you have two great boxers, and, man, that was amazing. That was the old Vitor Belfort that we all want to see. Him at 131 years old. He’s back for vengeance.”

LINK
MattHughesRules
1/25/09 12:43:52PM
I found this to be overly amusing. Anderson Silva is one of the top p4p guys on the planet. In my opinion Vitor would be in a considerable amount of trouble. Anderson's long reach and pin point stand up would spell huge trouble for Vitor. Great performance last night but I wanna see a few more wins before we start talking about him taking on Anderson. Tito just babbled on last night and this statement was part off the babble.
higdon10
1/25/09 12:47:27PM
Anderson SIlva would smash him. Belfort wouldnt be a top 5 MW in the UFC.
im2fast4u1981
1/25/09 12:52:48PM
He wouldnt be top 5 in the ufc?????thats funny///matt lindland was number 2 in the world............I think he made a big statement..i would love 2 see vitor vs anderson
Twenty20Dollars
1/25/09 1:02:00PM
Ok ok, let's not over-hype vitor just yet because he KO'ed uncle fester. Give him a couple more fights and then we can talk about this if he wins those fights.

Vitor is out for vengeance? Against who? You tito?
Afflicted
1/25/09 1:07:08PM
Lindland was not the number 2 guy at 185. Just because Tito said that doesnt make it true. I didnt even have the law in my top 5 and now he is out of my top 10 altogether. I think he is very overrated by most..

Anderson would hurt Vitor imo, and Tito is just a notch away from being mentally handicapped, some of the things he said were just plain stupid.
JoeySteel
1/25/09 1:08:33PM
Tito wants Vitor to fight Silva? But he wants to fight him first? Is he saying that if he beats Vito, he should get to fight Silva?

HA!

Neither of them deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as Vito. He needs to win a few more fights in MW, and it would be good to see a fight go past 3 punches to see what he is made of. He won't NO silva like that. Sorry Tito.
bosanceros
1/25/09 1:10:51PM
tito was hilarious the whole night.....everytime he opened his mouth somthing stupid came out.....the fights were good but the commentator were just ridiculous...the comments they were make it was just sad they ruined the show for me
im2fast4u1981
1/25/09 1:14:48PM
I dont care if he isnt in your top 5 everyone that knows mma knows matt lindland is a great mw fighter...Vitor made a huge statement...However that fight dont mean he will beat anderson siva??who in the ufc at mw could beat lindland?????tell me that/////belcer grove bisping......yeah right
nastshabast
1/25/09 1:19:34PM
he also called Fedor, FEODORE ALL NIGHT, so let's not listen to his remedial garbage.

He must have just watched Alvin and the chipmunks. You know Alvin, Simon and Feodore.
motorboatensob
1/25/09 1:29:29PM

Posted by im2fast4u1981

I dont care if he isnt in your top 5 everyone that knows mma knows matt lindland is a great mw fighter...Vitor made a huge statement...However that fight dont mean he will beat anderson siva??who in the ufc at mw could beat lindland?????tell me that/////belcer grove bisping......yeah right

He isn't in any ones top five maybe five years ago he was. Lets see who could beat him Anderson,Franklin,Henderson,Bisping.hell I even think Marquardt would beat him.
Afflicted
1/25/09 1:32:40PM
Okami, Maia...
im2fast4u1981
1/25/09 1:43:09PM
Hey ass clown hendo is on his team.....and franklin is at lhw....so try again.....and anderson dont count anderson is the best mw in the world.....Haves anyone here ever honestly watched matt lindland fight????I bet you havent because 2 most the ufc is the only show out there..............
Darnok
1/25/09 1:47:12PM
I was just glad to see Vitor demolish Lindland. I have never really iked Lindland all that much.
EliasG
1/25/09 1:53:16PM
I didn't think Tito was that bad. I've heard much worse come out of the mouth of Rogan while he hypes up some move that is inconsequential. He's not the world's greatest interviewer but he's not bad. And dude make fun of the way he said Fedor's name...just for future reference in RUSSIAN which is the language Fedor's name comes from, IT IS pronounced Fydor or Feo-dore. So, basically Tito was actually being culturally and accent. Kind of like calling Jose "Hoe say" instead of Joe say. You might be able to cut him a little slack on that one. :)

I couldn't stand that dude with the wierd froggy voice. who was he? He interviewed people along with Chuck Zito. Wierd combination. I thought Chuck Zito was probably thinking the same thing---"What am I doing here with this idiot?" I wanted that guy to go home and report on Havasu wake boarding or something. He had no business being there.

BUT, that other commentator--the dude from that Discovery channel show where they go around the world and fight people, he was good. I liked him a lot. I would like to see/hear more of him.

EliasG
1/25/09 1:55:32PM
I also think Vitor would make an interesting fight with Silva. He has good ju jitsu, faster hands, great power, but not as good length. He just MERKKED Matt LIndland. That is no small feat. LIndland may not be the best anymore but it's no joke to totally destroy a guy like that that quick. Maybe he WOULDN'T win or maybe he would. Either way, I think his name belongs up there now.
im2fast4u1981
1/25/09 2:10:41PM
also think Vitor would make an interesting fight with Silva. He has good ju jitsu, faster hands, great power, but not as good length. He just MERKKED Matt LIndland. That is no small feat. LIndland may not be the best anymore but it's no joke to totally destroy a guy like that that quick. Maybe he WOULDN'T win or maybe he would. Either way, I think his name belongs up there now.

Finally......Lindman might be one ugly mo fo but the guy can fight..Vitor has always been fun 2 watch/////vintage vitor is scary just ask tank or the axe murderer
sparky
1/25/09 3:16:10PM
Vitor Belfort will be a force in that division mark my words!!!!
moob
1/25/09 4:43:08PM

Posted by im2fast4u1981

Lindland was a great MW - he's been too inactive to be considered in the top tier these days.
jakeiceman
1/25/09 9:42:05PM

Posted by im2fast4u1981

Hey ass clown hendo is on his team.....and franklin is at lhw....so try again.....and anderson dont count anderson is the best mw in the world.....Haves anyone here ever honestly watched matt lindland fight????I bet you havent because 2 most the ufc is the only show out there..............

Ass clown?...Grow up dude the forums are for intelligent discussions not junior high name calling. And I find it hilarious that you make a remark about the UFC being the only show out there as if you are so worldly, yet your avatar is of...wait....wait....the UFC logo...
MondayNiteMauser
1/25/09 10:44:27PM
This statement isnt completely bullshit. Before BJ Penn there was Vitor. He was suppose to be the unbeatable force hence the nickname "Phenom". Vitor hit some hard times and i feel he kind of lost his passion and motivation. I'm tellin you though the Phenom is back. The Vitor from the Terry Martin fight and Matt Lindland fight is the Vitor that KO'd Wandy in 40 sec. If i was dana i would sign Vitor in a heartbeat. For the Jackass who said Okami and Maia could stand in there with him is just completely ridiculous. The guy is a force and i would put him in there with any of the top fighters in the UFC's MW division.....Just not Andy......YET!
im2fast4u1981
1/25/09 11:17:12PM
Ass clown?...Grow up dude the forums are for intelligent discussions not junior high name calling. And I find it hilarious that you make a remark about the UFC being the only show out there as if you are so worldly, yet your avatar is of...wait....wait....the UFC logo...

Better than yours.....chuck liddel wow..................im glad there are some guys in here that actually know the sport.......as a fighter as a fan....if you dont think vitor or lindland are elite fighters....maybe you should get your ass on u tube...ive watch mma since ufc 1...i love this sport and hate when people talk **** about top level fighters.......
SUPERMAN155
1/26/09 1:18:58AM
Linland is a great fighter, but definatly not #2 ...... and vitor would be a good fight for anderson. id still pick Silva to win, but Vitor has a way better chance to beat him than sum of these other guys they r throwing in there with him. Thales Leites???? come on now really?? i would much rather see sum1 like Vitor challenge Silva, at least he has a chance
bobby_loco13
1/26/09 1:24:32AM

Posted by EliasG

I didn't think Tito was that bad. I've heard much worse come out of the mouth of Rogan while he hypes up some move that is inconsequential. He's not the world's greatest interviewer but he's not bad. And dude make fun of the way he said Fedor's name...just for future reference in RUSSIAN which is the language Fedor's name comes from, IT IS pronounced Fydor or Feo-dore. So, basically Tito was actually being culturally and accent. Kind of like calling Jose "Hoe say" instead of Joe say. You might be able to cut him a little slack on that one. :)

I couldn't stand that dude with the wierd froggy voice. who was he? He interviewed people along with Chuck Zito. Wierd combination. I thought Chuck Zito was probably thinking the same thing---"What am I doing here with this idiot?" I wanted that guy to go home and report on Havasu wake boarding or something. He had no business being there.

BUT, that other commentator--the dude from that Discovery channel show where they go around the world and fight people, he was good. I liked him a lot. I would like to see/hear more of him.

yes yes and yes
agreed wit everything u said
given u props on this one.
tito did a really good job. i love when fighters announce (most of the time). gives fans a different pov.
frog voice guy was fucin redic. lol no more of him

great night of fights. overall, better then most ufc cards!
hope affliction will beable to keep up the god work. hopefully this card will get the attention of the casual mma fan
Red-Dragon
1/26/09 8:53:50AM

Posted by im2fast4u1981

Better than yours.....chuck liddel wow..................im glad there are some guys in here that actually know the sport.......as a fighter as a fan....if you dont think vitor or lindland are elite fighters....maybe you should get your ass on u tube...ive watch mma since ufc 1...i love this sport and hate when people talk **** about top level fighters.......

Everyone.....Stop what you are doing. I think we have found MMA's biggest fan.

I mean he has been watching MMA since UFC 1, UFC1 I tell you, It's true.
He even watches MMA on utube.

Welcome to the playground and thanks for considering us worthy enough to be graced with your endless fountain off MMA knowledge.

I would prop you but I am being sarcastic