Tito Ortiz wants a third bout with Chuck Liddell

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Tito Ortiz wants a third bout with Chuck Liddell
ThaAxeMurderer7
11/3/09 7:52:59PM
Former UFC light heavyweight titleholder Tito Ortiz re-signed with The Ultimate Fighting Championship in late July ending 13 months of free agency, and “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy” is already rekindling old rivalries.

Ortiz takes on Forrest Griffin in his return to the Octagon in a rematch at UFC 106 on Nov. 21 in Las Vegas, but the 34-year-old fighter has been lobbying to get a third bout with his old nemesis Chuck Liddell in 2010.

Link
IriShame
11/3/09 7:58:33PM
I think we all saw this one coming. It's a big money bout for Tito and one he feels he could win at this point in their careers.
Jackelope
11/3/09 8:00:33PM
How awesome would it be if Chuck went in and KTFO'd Tito again? Tito probably thinks Chuck is done and now is his time to cash in. I would love to see the Iceman rise to the occasion and end his career on a note like that!
grappler0000
11/3/09 8:09:45PM

Posted by Jackelope

How awesome would it be if Chuck went in and KTFO'd Tito again? Tito probably thinks Chuck is done and now is his time to cash in. I would love to see the Iceman rise to the occasion and end his career on a note like that!

You and me both.
mrsmiley
11/3/09 8:10:20PM
I'm really wanting to see this fight.
I think it would tell us a lot about both guys at these points in their career.

Though I actually wouldn't be suprised if Tito managed to pull this out.
Nonetheless,I can't count Chucky out either.
bustin_mma
11/3/09 9:41:57PM
GET THAT FIGHT SIGNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rush
11/3/09 10:03:48PM

Posted by Jackelope

How awesome would it be if Chuck went in and KTFO'd Tito again?

Awesome enough that it warrants the giant dancing banana

mentalcase
11/3/09 10:29:52PM
how did you enlarge your banana, my banana is quite small >
Ordep
11/3/09 10:36:36PM
Big $$$ for UFC though it doesn't make any sense minding the record between these two (2-0 Chuck's). Imgine the amount of trash talk from Tito if he can pull a win in the 3rd one.

I don't want to enter the banana size discussion since I'm happy with my average sized one
Rush
11/3/09 10:37:23PM

Posted by mentalcase

how did you enlarge your banana, my banana is quite small >

I responded to those emails that always seem to find their way to my junk mail folder.
Aether
11/3/09 10:56:34PM
I think Tito's in for a surprise if he thinks Chuck's skill level has declined to the point where he can win this fight.

Probably just angling for a slice of the PPV. I'm not really too interested in this fight personally, but it would be nice to see Chuck get another stoppage over a big head... I mean name.
xdanish020
11/3/09 11:38:29PM
This would be a good comeback fight for Chuck....also throw Randy in the mix rematch with Chuck and Tito as well
prozacnation1978
11/4/09 12:28:43AM
maybe tuf 11 coaches u say
ChokeUout
11/4/09 1:59:24AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

I usually don't give props for one line statements, but that is an ingenius idea, sir
jae_1833
11/4/09 2:52:46AM
I think he feels that he will lose the fight he has with Forrest, the next step down in comp (unfortunately due to recent losses) would be a guy like Chuck. I just think it would be a shame if Tito was the guy to cash in on that and end Chuck's career. I also think it would be funny if Chuck blew his head off his shoulder's for the pre-fight crap we all know he would be talking. "I'm injury free this time" ect.... I think it's also an easy way to get Tito back in the LHW title picture if he did defeat both Forrest and Chuck. They should have Tito (if he losses to Forrest) start back at the bottom of the totem poll. Chuck should re-start there IMO as well.
Khaos
11/4/09 12:19:58PM
I would like to see the fight happen, I think Ortiz would win this time, because at this point in both their careers, Ortiz is definately the better fighter. I think they put Liddel vs Ortiz 3 on, then give Chuck a fight against someone like Stephan Bonnar as a final UFC. I want to see Chuck vs Tito three. (Rhyming unintended)
Stills79
11/4/09 1:01:21PM
The UFC should have had these two fight first before Tito signed to fight Forrest. It could have been both of their come back fights. Now when Tito beats Forrest, this fight will no longer make sense as a win over Chuck wouldn't improve his chances at a title shot.
Rush
11/4/09 1:23:48PM
One thing I think needs to be said is that despite what Tito wants, why would Chuck want this fight for any reason other than a potential big pay day?
Giant_Ochai
11/4/09 5:13:09PM
Chuck is just a nightmare matchup for Tito. Shot or not I'd pick Liddell.
wutthefauxxx
11/4/09 5:40:37PM
This bout seems really interesting now. excited for this to happen. we will all get to see tito's new and improved stand up power. after he exposes forest, he'll prove the third times the charm against chuck. i honestly see this ending in a tko. same as it would have if chuck didnt poke tito in the eye the first time
CwB
11/4/09 5:57:20PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Figured it all out thanks to your comment...

Dana's big proposal for chuck (I guess its not the marriage proposal as i orginally thought) is
Winner of Tito vs Griffin to be next seasons tuf coach opposite liddell.

Tito vs Chuck= sells itself

Griffin vs Chuck = teacher vs student, and a huge name fight that every casual fan will drool over.

But, as Chuck being my absolute favorite fighter of all time, I dont ever ever ever want to see Tito hold a win over the Iceman. And looking at recent performances, Titos chances of beating chuck have doubled in the past two years, as Tito's skills have seemed to stay the same and Chucks have taken a recent downfall (Chucks timing, power, and chin aren't what the once were)

BustedKnuckle
11/4/09 6:16:31PM
It was only a matter of time before Tito called out Chuck. I say give him the fight. Its one that Chcuck can win and most likely would end up knocking the snot out of Teetho. although Tito needs to be worried about his fight with Forrest. Griffen is a much better fighter since thier first fight and is going to grind out the UD against Ortiz
wutthefauxxx
11/4/09 7:17:28PM
chuck is not gonna knock out ortiz. if it wasnt for the eye poke, it would have never happened the first time!

I'm interested in a second fight though....make it happen dana
jae_1833
11/4/09 7:23:48PM

Posted by wutthefauxxx

chuck is not gonna knock out ortiz. if it wasnt for the eye poke, it would have never happened the first time!

Come on man! You can't be serious.....they have already fought twice and both times Tito got owned.....they were fun to watch but Tito never got anything going against Chuck in either fight.

Tito Ortiz's Fight History
wutthefauxxx
11/4/09 7:27:53PM
ortiz was doing fine.... he was establishing a good game plan. trading with chuck...even making him back up...then the eye poke came...not making excuses...i just think tito has always had chucks number. this time he will prove it.

tito's improved stand up squashes old chuck
emfleek
11/4/09 8:46:36PM

Posted by jae_1833

Posted by wutthefauxxx

Come on man! You can't be serious.....they have already fought twice and both times Tito got owned.....they were fun to watch but Tito never got anything going against Chuck in either fight.

Tito Ortiz's Fight History

What he said. Tito supposedly has Chuck's number but has lost to him twice already?
wutthefauxxx
11/4/09 10:30:39PM
i dont get it....a person beats you once and they are better than you forever?
i think tito has a legititmate shot at a rematch. chucks lost to strikers as of recent.....shogun, rashad, rampage......tito training with freddie roach puts him on that elite level....

so where does chuck have a chance now?

i dont see it......
emfleek
11/5/09 8:25:14AM

Posted by wutthefauxxx

i dont get it....a person beats you once and they are better than you forever?
i think tito has a legititmate shot at a rematch. chucks lost to strikers as of recent.....shogun, rashad, rampage......tito training with freddie roach puts him on that elite level....

so where does chuck have a chance now?

i dont see it......

How about we wait and see how Tito does against Forrest before we start calling him an elite striker.