Tito Ortiz: "I would like to test Anderson"

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Tito Ortiz: "I would like to test Anderson"
joshryanshepherd
8/10/09 10:13:34PM
Tito Ortiz

He definitely has a better game plan than Forrest.

Twenty20Dollars
8/10/09 10:14:39PM
I would like to be a billionare.
thunderstruck
8/10/09 11:35:23PM
i think my gameplan would work well against fedor ...better plan than sylvia ...id just run fer 5 mins then brag about how i lasted longer than his last 2 opponents lol .
kevietre
8/10/09 11:42:38PM
I really like this interview. Ortiz has the best gameplan to fight Anderson. I still think he would lose, but he already has a better strategy than Forrest had and he makes some valid points.
Irish_Pride
8/11/09 1:04:58AM
Easier said than done, Tito.
TimW001
8/11/09 2:34:06AM
I just read the title .

Tito Ortiz: "I would like to be knocked out."
jiujitsufreak74
8/11/09 3:03:25AM
This fight is a win win for me personally. either Tito gets knocked around and embarrassed which would make me smile from ear to ear, or the much less likely scenario where Tito actually some how implements the plan he has and defeats Silva. i hate it when people declare fighters as invincible; every fighter has a weakness, and even though we can laugh at Forrest for saying what i am about to type it is true...people are going to watch a fight and go, "oh, that's how you beat him." it has happened to ever single one of the "invincible" fighters (except for Fedor) whether it be Arlovski, Liddell, Hughes, Shogun, GSP, BJ Penn, Torres, Faber, or any other "unstoppable" fighter.
raymurda
8/11/09 7:07:26AM
tito just wants a pay day. we all seen what happened to him against chuck and anderson is a far better striker than chuck. granted tito has some vicious ground and pound ( prob the best behind lesnar) if he did get the fight to the ground im not sure he could negate andersons Bjj. BUT... i would order the fight just to see it lol.
SmileR
8/11/09 9:49:38AM
Tito would be a legit threat to Anderson at LHW. He's got the wrestling (if his back is really 100%) to put him on his back and do some damage with his G&P. If the fight was to happen though I'd pick Silva by KO without a moments hesitation.
chickmagnet
8/13/09 2:16:23PM
There is no way, if he gets to close to him hel get punched repeatedly. If Hendo broke under the pressure, then Tito would to. The only type of fighter who will really test Silva is a K-1 level striker. Im starting to doubt that wrestling will beat Silva, after seeing the speed of his hands, I dont see to many people being able to close the distance.
Violence108
8/13/09 3:52:13PM

Posted by chickmagnet

There is no way, if he gets to close to him hel get punched repeatedly. If Hendo broke under the pressure, then Tito would to. The only type of fighter who will really test Silva is a K-1 level striker. Im starting to doubt that wrestling will beat Silva, after seeing the speed of his hands, I dont see to many people being able to close the distance.

i'm with you man, Silva has shown that it does not matter if he gets taken down , he will submit you or get back up with out taking any damage, so i think a K-1 lvl striker would have the best chanse, who that is , idk. Doesnt look like anyone in the UFC thats for sure, but hay you never know (Torres/Bowls) i think Luiz Cane would beat him, good stand up and good chin, sorry Tito your not the guy to beat Anderson, he should worry about Mark Coleman right now.
placente
8/13/09 6:02:07PM
i think TiTo might have a chance to win if he takes anderson down, the only problems would b getting in close without getting unconcious and taking silva down, then another problem would b Silva's bjj. i dont think Tito has been submitted, so it will b hard tio sub him, But those are basically the problems tito needs to overcome, and he might win the fight by GnP
Pookie
8/14/09 1:06:42AM
I think tito's choppy striking skills will get him hit alot, and whenever tito gets hit, especially in a way that he cannot stop, he stops coming forward and pressuring.

Personally i think that tito doesnt have the explosiveness to take Anderson down anymore, anderson silva moves around the ring much, much better and tito's shoot-in isnt all that special anymore.
Rush
8/14/09 9:40:38AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

This fight is a win win for me personally. either Tito gets knocked around and embarrassed which would make me smile from ear to ear, or the much less likely scenario where Tito actually some how implements the plan he has and defeats Silva. i hate it when people declare fighters as invincible; every fighter has a weakness, and even though we can laugh at Forrest for saying what i am about to type it is true...people are going to watch a fight and go, "oh, that's how you beat him." it has happened to ever single one of the "invincible" fighters (except for Fedor) whether it be Arlovski, Liddell, Hughes, Shogun, GSP, BJ Penn, Torres, Faber, or any other "unstoppable" fighter.

You saved me some typing.
jawbreaker517
8/14/09 1:36:22PM
the only thing that would be tested is tito's chin.
SociopathX
8/14/09 8:26:35PM
I think Tito would give Anderson a good fight.... He would be a tougher test than Griffen because of his wrestling abilities.

I'd still go with a Silva KO though.
Sinister
8/17/09 3:02:52PM
He could potentially be the next guy to fight him at 205 but he would end up getting KO'd like he did by Liddell twice.
Shadymlm
8/17/09 3:47:04PM
Tito's shot hasn't looked as good recently as it did before, but we haven't seen him fight since his back surgery. Before I go shooting off my mouth about how I think this fight will go I wanna see how good he looks against Coleman.
prozacnation1978
8/17/09 8:03:47PM
wait in the back of the line tito!!!!!!!!
cowcatcher
8/17/09 9:03:17PM
cowcatcher: "i would like to see you try, tito."
RNC
8/18/09 12:07:57AM
If Tito wants any chance of beating Anderson, not only is he going to have to get back to his old self, but he is going to have to get a lot better.

Tito couldn't take Chuck down and he couldn't take Machida down. Why would he be able to take Silva down?

ace_of_god
8/18/09 3:20:58PM
What I don't understand is why are they putting people in 205 against Andersson who have shown to have a suspect chin, like Forest. I would think someone like Rampage would have a much better chance of surviving long enough with Silva to take him to the ground. The last someone knocked him out was 4 years ago. He has survived great strikers before like Liddel and Wanderli Silva since then as well.

Personally I would just like to see someone go up against Silva where I can at least hope against the inevitable and I know Tito would be KO'd in 1 round.