Tito Ortiz Takes on Ryan Bader at UFC 132 on July 2

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Tito Ortiz Takes on Ryan Bader at UFC 132 on July 2
Twenty20Dollars
3/21/11 1:55:59PM
link

Tito Ortiz is ready to step back in the Octagon. He will have a tough test ahead of him when he does, as he has agreed to face Ryan Bader at UFC 132 in July.

Sources close to the fight confirmed the bout to MMAWeekly.com on Monday.

Tito Ortiz (15-8-1) will not only be fighting Ryan Bader in July, he will literally be fighting for his UFC career. The former light heavyweight champion is currently on a three-fight losing streak, but UFC president Dana White said he would give him one more chance to prove himself, and this is it.
Twenty20Dollars
3/21/11 1:57:29PM
Goodbye Ortiz.

Pretty bad matchup for Ortiz, I doubt he will be able to take Bader down and will prolly lose the stand up aswell and will be slower than Bader.
grappler0000
3/21/11 2:04:31PM
Nah nah nah nah
Xephos
3/21/11 2:50:42PM
good match-up, two great wrestler but obviously tito is much better dirty boxer than a ryan bader, i think tito will takedown bader then ground and pound
ncordless
3/21/11 3:03:22PM
One of the worst match-ups possible for Ortiz. They must want to embarass him before they drop him.
FastKnockout
3/21/11 3:08:49PM
R.I.P Tito.

emfleek
3/21/11 3:09:03PM

Posted by Xephos

good match-up, two great wrestler but obviously tito is much better dirty boxer than a ryan bader, i think tito will takedown bader then ground and pound

This...but the exact opposite. I think Bader will drop Tito with a big right hand and follows it up with ground 'n pound to finish him off.
Budgellism
3/21/11 3:26:16PM
Finally, Tito will be gone.
FlashyG
3/21/11 3:52:00PM
We should have a pool trying to predict not only when Tito pulls out of the fight, but what kind of injury he'll cite as his excu...I mean reason.
machodog76
3/21/11 4:02:40PM
yep I think thats it for old Tito, Bader is realy just a faster version of him with harder punches and fewer injuries, anyone think Tito will end up in Strikeforce?
prozacnation1978
3/21/11 4:09:19PM
Good fight

Good co main event

Bad match for tito.

I was hoping bonner vs tito.

I think bonner may face franklin next
emfleek
3/21/11 4:18:50PM
Pskinner_mma314
3/21/11 4:35:40PM

Posted by FlashyG

We should have a pool trying to predict not only when Tito pulls out of the fight, but what kind of injury he'll cite as his excu...I mean reason.

syphilis.......contracted from jenna jameson

I got $20 on it.....any takers?
machodog76
3/21/11 5:35:25PM

Posted by FlashyG

I'll take june 28th, torn MCL.
Bubbles
3/21/11 5:42:17PM

Posted by FlashyG

i say June 17th due to a toe cramp
quezocrema0032
3/21/11 7:12:16PM
Ortiz should be beating himself up, he could have had a fighting chance to save his job if he didn't pull out against lil nog. Now he will deff get cut Bader is better at wrestling, striking, and it grappler could be Tito's but won't matter the fight won't go to the mat unless Bader is on top. Tito might even lose his excuse that no one has been finishing him. I am interested in seeing if he goes to stroke force wouldn't surprise me.
TeamDEY
3/21/11 8:01:54PM
Tune in to see Ortiz's last fight in the UFC
TS92turbo
3/21/11 9:52:57PM

Posted by machodog76

yep I think thats it for old Tito, Bader is realy just a faster version of him with harder punches and fewer injuries, anyone think Tito will end up in Strikeforce?

Nope. I think he will be done. Maybe training at punishment.
TS92turbo
3/21/11 9:54:07PM

Posted by FlashyG

19 STD's to the crotchital region.
sclasclemski
3/21/11 10:49:23PM
Was just thinking about Tito today actually. I thought that a one-sided beating from Rampage would be a fun pairing...You know the buildup would be fun at least.

Tito is certainly done after this fight...and is Tito a member of the Playground with the screename Xephos?
Shawn91111
3/21/11 11:32:09PM

Posted by FastKnockout

R.I.P Tito.

Gorilla bashing
TimW001
3/22/11 12:39:06AM
I will puke if I watch the hype video. I don't want to hear anything Tito has to say, especially about his upcoming fight. Then he will speak after the fight.

Maybe I should take up drinking?
Drudinh
3/22/11 4:11:18AM
May 11th. back/neck
Boo_Radley21
3/22/11 4:28:28PM
Bader's going to put him on his back and punch his big old head all night lol. I do like Tito though and it's gonna suck seeing him lose another fight. I would have rather seen him fight Rich Franklin or Griffin again, fights where he may lose but won't get dominated like he will against Bader.
MaxOne
3/22/11 6:54:30PM
clearly they are ready to be done with Tito as part of the roster. Tito shouldn't be fighting anyone in the top 10 IMO or anywhere near a title shot. If he could string together some wins and work his way back up to fighting top level guys that'd be fine but this is going to be as one sided as his fights with Shamrock. he'll be on the losing end though.