Tito Ortiz signs with Bellator, meets 'Rampage' Jackson on pay-per-view Nov. 2

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Tito Ortiz signs with Bellator, meets 'Rampage' Jackson on pay-per-view Nov. 2
Webbie
7/31/13 8:51:45PM
It had all the makings of a pro wrestling callout, but regardless of what it looked like, Tito Ortiz (16-11-1 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) has returned from retirement – and will fight Quinton Jackson (32-11 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) for Bellator MMA in November on the promotion's first pay-per-view event.

Link.
Webbie
7/31/13 9:00:52PM
I was so looking forward to Rampage vs. Roy Jones Jr.

Seriously though, I don't actually think this is too bad of a fight. I mean, I'm honestly not a big fan of either fighter anymore, but I expect it to at least be an entertaining fight. I could see Rampage landing some shots and getting a TKO in the first or second round, and I wouldn't mind watching that.
FastKnockout
7/31/13 9:09:24PM
Webbie
7/31/13 9:12:01PM
Full poster:

I was going to post that as well but I wasn't sure if I should or not

Nice looking poster.
grappler0000
7/31/13 9:12:48PM
Dana will have a field day with this matchup. Rampage already put his foot in his mouth a while back, saying maybe he's not able to cut it in the UFC any longer. Add to the fact that both are on a 3 fight slide, while Tito has only 1 win in the last 7 years. It's also confirmation that the Bellator's business strategy has done a complete 180 in the last year. Viacom is loading Dana's ammo for him.
LuckyCharms
7/31/13 9:17:24PM
I find it funny that Bellator once said that they're not interested in UFC leftovers, yet Bellator can't stop picking up them up
airkerma
7/31/13 9:37:03PM
Well that makes it easy to decide not to buy a ppv
sparky
7/31/13 9:55:48PM
I was more then shocked when Tito came out.

Rampage will finally score a knockout win again.
JoeWarren33
7/31/13 9:59:56PM
Rampage will own some Tito, and maybe some Jenna after this one!
prozacnation1978
7/31/13 10:24:19PM
Good first main event for a ppv. Who else do they have.

I may actually go to this event. Only about 80 mins north of me
Manak
7/31/13 10:24:29PM

Posted by FastKnockout

this poster is more appropriate since but these guy's heads/mouths shouldn't be able to fit in any room
TerrorofsesameST
7/31/13 10:33:47PM
7 years ago this would have been a good fight...
DeadHead988
7/31/13 10:35:58PM
Embarrassing...
Bubbles
7/31/13 10:38:07PM
I'd rather this fight happen 5 years ago, but I'll watch it
isk
7/31/13 10:50:42PM
This is like the big head mode from NBA Jam. They should just have a headbutting contest. I'd pay to see that.
Shawn91111
7/31/13 11:16:55PM
Over under on how many excuses Ortiz comes up with.
Chael_Sonnen
7/31/13 11:47:02PM
Would rather watch Joe Warren punch air.....at a Frank Shamrock life size cardboard cut-out.

Would rather listen to Joe Warren scream 'Good Job!!' - - at nothing.....
cowcatcher
7/31/13 11:53:19PM
I, for one, am glad that Bellator is giving the fans what they want.

tallica62
8/1/13 12:49:20AM
I thought Bellator is supposed to be a tournament? I guess you can't turn down $$ though

Although both guys, while respected, are, for a lack of better words, washed up...this is a good stage for them and I'll certainly watch...not on PPV though
Budgellism
8/1/13 2:00:58AM

Posted by Bubbles

I'd rather this fight happen 5 years ago, but I'll watch it

Agreed.

I can't see Tito winning this so it's not too bad I guess.
Budgellism
8/1/13 2:02:16AM

Posted by Shawn91111

Over under on how many excuses Ortiz comes up with.

I'll take over on anything lower than 4
LooseCannon
8/1/13 2:21:00AM
This is a good fight, hopefully they put a couple other good fights on the card like Chandler & Askren with neither suffering any damage. As much as you talk about Tito & Rampage's losses, most of them weren't that bad. Within Tito's past 7, he beat a top 10 guy in Bader, I thought he should've got the nod in both Forrest Griffin fights, and he nearly submitted Lyoto Machida. As for Rampage, he was grinded to boring decisions by Teixeira & Bader, and nobody at LHW stands a chance against Jon Jones. They are both big names & should he a draw, I just wish they would've done a WCW style shoot promo trashing Dana & declaring war on the UFC.
Poor_Franklin
8/1/13 4:03:38AM
Im curious on the ppv #s this thing does & what dana will do to counter. Nov 2nd gives dana plenty of time to plan an event
airkerma
8/1/13 6:28:15AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Im curious on the ppv #s this thing does & what dana will do to counter. Nov 2nd gives dana plenty of time to plan an event

Jones vs cain
Silva vs gsp
Weidman vs vitor
Cruz vs barao
Aldo vs pettis
All for free all on the same card on the same night as tito vs rampage
mrsmiley
8/1/13 7:39:54AM
This reminds me of WWF and WCW in a funny way.
finnish_line
8/1/13 9:44:52AM
Big Bear, time to roll out the red carpet again...
jae_1833
8/1/13 10:46:21AM

Posted by airkerma

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Jones vs cain
Silva vs gsp
Weidman vs vitor
Cruz vs barao
Aldo vs pettis
All for free all on the same card on the same night as tito vs rampage

You don't need half those names to outsell Bellator's first PPV that has two "retired" UFC headlining. I won't pay much, if anything, to watch this card. As for the match up it simply goes one of two ways: Page with the quick KO or Tito grinds out a decision...surprisingly with me being a big Tito fan I am not all that excited to see him fight again. I think I would be much more excited to see him fight a new LHW and same with Page. With wins they should simply be allowed to enter the tourney like they did with Babalu.
goheels
8/1/13 11:19:07AM

Posted by sparky

I was more then shocked when Tito came out.

].

I'm not. Dude needs the money.
prophecy033
8/1/13 12:17:05PM
I like the fight. Bellator finally got these guys to fight (hopefully) and these guys will still draw decent #'s
GDPofMPG
8/1/13 12:52:28PM
hope Mo is fighting on the card against either Vegh or Newton. Though I also want to see Vegh rematch Newton, that was a very close fight. But I'd really rather see Mo on there against either if it can work out that way.

Volkov vs Minakov would also be awesome to get on this card.

The winner of Shlemenko vs Marshall might not have a decent opponenet to try for this card in time, unless they can get a decent enough free agent to fight on this. None really come to mind but to fall back on the MMA GOAT of EVA!! Mr. Marvelous, Melvin Manheof seems like the best choice ever for Marshal or Storm.

Ben Askren is not on this card = Buyrate through the roof!!!

Chandler vs Jansen easy. Must be put on this PPV

Same with Curran. Curran and Chandler are must see MMA. Curran vs Frodo, or Straus but preferably Frodo.

So my preference is:

Page vs Tito
Chandler vs Jansen
Curran vs Frodo
Minakov vs Volkov
Lawal vs Newton
Shlemenko vs Manheof

That is worth $$$ to see.

Actually that is worth more then I think they can put together, I doubt they can stack the card this well. But something with a few of these fights or fights like it would be good. Even if you throw in the Saunders, Friere bros, or Rogers, there are a lot of exciting good fighters to put on this card and the likely Spike undercard.

Been looking forward to this for a while.