Tito Ortiz rips Chuck Liddell's speech during 4/20 interview on WJFK

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Tito Ortiz rips Chuck Liddell's speech during 4/20 interview on WJFK
mentalcase
4/30/09 12:54:39AM
Tito Talks about Chuck, Jenna Jameson and Anderson Silva.

link
Aaronno9
4/30/09 3:18:16AM
Lol @ all his little jibes at Liddell. He might be on the downside of his career, but he'd still knock the poop out of Ortiz on any given day.
ChokeUout
4/30/09 4:12:12AM
THe More I hear from Tito, the more I agree with Dana's assesment of him
postman
4/30/09 6:32:58AM
He has the longest defense of a title? I thought that was Hughes and Anderson. Also like how he says I'm here and my fans want to see me fight past 36, No one has seen him fight in how long you are fading Tito. I have friends that always ask whatever happened to Tito Ortiz? He says hes still a fighter but he dosn't fight.
mentalcase
4/30/09 8:55:30AM
tito said 6 defences he probably mean 6 title fight wins

he is tied for the most consecutive defences along with Matt Hughes and Anderson Silva at 5 defences each

Anderson would have 6 consecutive defence if lutter made weight
Jackelope
4/30/09 9:54:41AM
Tito could have learned a lot more lessons from Liddell. More lessons than how to get KTFO, that is

Tito you flushed your career down the toilet a loooonnnng time ago. You're going to lose even more fans trashing a living legend who is bowing out in graceful fashion.
haggiswashere
5/1/09 12:08:55AM

Posted by mentalcase

he is tied for the most consecutive defences along with Matt Hughes and Anderson Silva at 5 defences each

And tito would have only 4 defenses if he hadn't ducked chuck.
mentalcase
5/1/09 1:30:22AM

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by mentalcase

chuck stepped aside to allow the Tito vs ken at UFC 40, Tito started ducking chuck after that fight so Tito would have 5 defences regardless
telnights
5/1/09 4:32:53PM

Posted by mentalcase

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by mentalcase

chuck stepped aside to allow the Tito vs ken at UFC 40, Tito started ducking chuck after that fight so Tito would have 5 defences regardless

Well Tito went and picked the fight with Ken and lot of people think this was because he was avoiding Chuck. I have to agree. Ken wasn't even a top ten LHW at the time. Tito fought Vladimir and stalled for almost a year before even fighting Ken. Most of that year the UFC was trying to get him to sign to fight Chuck. The hole time Tito keep saying they were friends he didn't want to fight his friend. Then Tito picks a fight with Ken after the UFC had been trying for months to get him to fight Chuck. The UFC couldn't pass up the PVP numbers and asked Chuck to step aside which he did.
Jackelope
5/1/09 4:43:46PM
Tel- you're exactly right.

This is something that Chuck goes into depth about in his book. He talks about how Dana White approached him and said they were going to do the Shamrock vs. Ortiz fight. Chuck, being Chuck, then took a dangerous fight in Renato Sobral. After Chuck won that fight, Tito went on a hiatus. Chuck took a fight against Randy Couture, and Randy beat Chuck. Randy went on to take the title from Tito shortly afterward, and thus began Chuck's clawing to the top. During which time he KTFO'd Ortiz and had that legendary fight with Vernon White.
mentalcase
5/1/09 8:59:46PM
ken was still legit at that time he came off a close decision loss to don frye were he ****** both fryes ankles and like a year or two before he was beating the crap out of very tough fugita until his injury
telnights
5/2/09 4:11:27PM

Posted by mentalcase

ken was still legit at that time he came off a close decision loss to don frye were he ****** both fryes ankles and like a year or two before he was beating the crap out of very tough fugita until his injury

Not really Ken hasn't been legit contender since he left MMA for pro wrestling. He had two wins after coming back from 4 years in pro wrestling before fighting Tito. Those two wins had a combined record of 6 wins15 losses. Now don't get me wrong Ken was a great fighter at one time but the 4 years away really had a huge affect on him as a fighter because the sport keep advancing and he didn't. So a combination of age and the sport evolving past him made him no longer a legit contender.
mentalcase
5/2/09 11:55:16PM

Posted by telnights

Posted by mentalcase

Not really Ken hasn't been legit contender since he left MMA for pro wrestling. He had two wins after coming back from 4 years in pro wrestling before fighting Tito. Those two wins had a combined record of 6 wins15 losses. Now don't get me wrong Ken was a great fighter at one time but the 4 years away really had a huge affect on him as a fighter because the sport keep advancing and he didn't. So a combination of age and the sport evolving past him made him no longer a legit contender.

yeah your right, i guess i meant to say he was semi legit, like he wasnt a complete can like some of the guys wandy fought as a champion