Tito Ortiz: Regret? and Future?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Tito Ortiz: Regret? and Future?
Biggz
9/20/08 5:29:14PM
Just thinking about Tito, and i honestly think he regrets leaving the UFC. i know there is a chance he signs with them, and i think thats the best move he could make, and no matter what Dana White says, it would be good for the UFC too, Tito is still a good draw. Think about it, he went from fighting top guys, (minus Shamrock) in the UFC to maybe going to fight in the AFL? (the AFL is the latest organization he is rumored to be going to) are you kidding me. The UFC has the best fighters in the world, (as a whole organization) and he is going to leave for the AFL, Elite XC, ect.. the UFC has the deepest and most talented LHW division in the world. he has the chance to fight the best LWHs possibly ever, (if he knocks off the bullshit and gets back to his old fighting days) so i have three questions:

1.who does he sign with at the end of the day?
2. and why did he sign with them?
3. and if he goes somewhere other than the UFC did he do it just becuase the competition is not as good and he can win fights and be a champion again?
My answers:
1. he signs with UFC.
2. i don't know how he doesn't, its got the best competition, and the biggest fan base. i think if he goes somewhere else, especially the AFL, he loses alot of his "average fans" that he otherwise would have with the UFC, or even Affliction i guess too. his "die hard fans" will follow him everywhere, the other wont.
3.and i think if he doesn't sign with the UFC (and maybe Affliction) then he is looking for easier fights so he can get wins and a belt somewhere. (it think he may know he can't beat Wandy, Page, Shogun, ect.. if he comes back to the UFC he might just be a upper level gatekeeper)
What are your thoughts??
jiujitsufreak74
9/20/08 5:31:15PM

Posted by Biggz

Just thinking about Tito, and i honestly think he regrets leaving the UFC. i know there is a chance he signs with them, and i think thats the best move he could make, and no matter what Dana White says, it would be good for the UFC too, Tito is still a good draw. Think about it, he went from fighting top guys, (minus Shamrock) in the UFC to maybe going to fight in the AFL? (the AFL is the latest organization he is rumored to be going to) are you kidding me. The UFC has the best fighters in the world, (as a whole organization) and he is going to leave for the AFL, Elite XC, ect.. the UFC has the deepest and most talented LHW division in the world. he has the chance to fight the best LWHs possibly ever, (if he knocks off the bullshit and gets back to his old fighting days) so i have three questions:

1.who does he sign with at the end of the day?
2. and why did he sign with them?
3. and if he goes somewhere other than the UFC did he do it just becuase the competition is not as good and he can win fights and be a champion again?

1. he signs with UFC.
2. i don't know how he doesn't, its got the best competition, and the biggest fan base. i think if he goes somewhere else, especially the AFL, he loses alot of his "average fans" that he otherwise would have with the UFC, or even Affliction i guess too. his "die hard fans" will follow him everywhere, the other wont.
3.and i think if he doesn't sign with the UFC (and maybe Affliction) then he is looking for easier fights so he can get wins and a belt somewhere. (it think he may know he can't beat Wandy, Page, Shogun, ect.. if he comes back to the UFC he might just be a upper level gatekeeper)
What are your thoughts??

there is a little thing called pride (not the organization) that will prevent Tito from signing with the UFC. i don't think Dana would ever let him live it down if he came crawling back to his doorstep, it just isn't an option for Tito.
Biggz
9/20/08 5:46:11PM
i don't think it would look bad for Tito if he came back. he has always said he will fight where it makes the most sense from a business stand point, and i think thats the UFC. so he still stuck by his word if he comes back.
copcopps
9/20/08 5:54:22PM
UFC, its the only one who is willing to pay him as much as he wants AFAIK
Taylor8766
9/20/08 5:55:46PM
Bottom line as long as Dana is President Tito will not fight for the UFC
cmb19932
9/20/08 6:05:25PM
tito hates dana its true but hell be back
grappler0000
9/20/08 6:19:08PM

Posted by Taylor8766

That's not necessarily true. The UFC has the option of matching any offers that Tito receives...and Dana went on record as saying that even though he dislikes Tito, he would consider bringing him back to prevent another org (namely Affliction) from benefiting from his marketability.
copcopps
9/20/08 7:25:44PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Taylor8766

That's not necessarily true. The UFC has the option of matching any offers that Tito receives...and Dana went on record as saying that even though he dislikes Tito, he would consider bringing him back to prevent another org (namely Affliction) from benefiting from his marketability.

That and Dana also has overall the most money to offer him
cmb19932
9/20/08 7:58:45PM
titos a whore he will be back i meanthat in the best possible way
Tein_Lung
9/21/08 8:08:21PM
Tito also think he should be makeing a million bucks a fight... hes not even a top 20 LHW anymore... hes not even gate keeper status anymoer... hes basicaly the same as Matt Hughes... hes a wrestler and thats it, and hes got a glass jaw... its a one trick poney and everyone knows how to beat him...
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
9/21/08 9:39:21PM

Posted by Tein_Lung

Tito also think he should be makeing a million bucks a fight... hes not even a top 20 LHW anymore... hes not even gate keeper status anymoer... hes basicaly the same as Matt Hughes... hes a wrestler and thats it, and hes got a glass jaw... its a one trick poney and everyone knows how to beat him...

when and where has tito proven to have a glass jaw? I dont like tito but that is incorrect. Also he is definetly top 20 . A win against the current ufc champ and a draw against rashad : is good enough to be in the top 20. Please name your top 20 .
cmb19932
9/22/08 8:56:47AM
hes top 20 no matter what he doesnt have a glass jaw and has more than chuck has to offer at this point and i think he should go heavyweight and help that division even though forrest and him drawed back in the day imo
JohnnyNapalm
9/22/08 12:07:18PM
Why do people talk about Tito's MMA future when the dude has been history as far as his competitive relevance to sport for a few years now?

Man love?
Stills79
9/22/08 7:27:15PM

Posted by Tein_Lung

He thinks he should make a million a fight because he draws that much more at the gate and PPV buys. You should know by now that it's not about how good you are, it's about how much money you bring in for the organization. If it was about how good you were, they would have put together some sort of ranking/point system by now that could pick the fights for them. (I would absolutely love that btw). They only put together the fights that people want to see and will make the most money... period.
cloud301336
9/23/08 2:00:39AM
Tito's koo..
BIGKAT
9/23/08 3:12:03AM

Posted by Tein_Lung

Yep
BIGKAT
9/23/08 3:13:41AM

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

Why do people talk about Tito's MMA future when the dude has been history as far as his competitive relevance to sport for a few years now?

Man love?

I agree... He hasn't been relevant since before Shamrock I...