Tito Ortiz: I’ll Put Rashad Evans “in a Wheelchair” at UFC 73

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Tito Ortiz: I’ll Put Rashad Evans “in a Wheelchair” at UFC 73
« Previous Page
nubby
6/28/07 9:12:38PM
Yeah just re-watched it. He definitely got dominated. But I wouldn't say he didn't know what he was doing on his back. He had a pretty good guard, he was able to pull off a few sweeps. The mistakes came from reversals.
MisFiT
6/28/07 10:38:30PM
Tito is just a shadow of his former self, his performances have become lackluster and are all the same. He doesnt know any better and cant switch anything up. I'm looking forward to the day his career in MMA ends.
nubby
6/28/07 11:01:45PM

Posted by MisFiT

Tito is just a shadow of his former self, his performances have become lackluster and are all the same. He doesnt know any better and cant switch anything up. I'm looking forward to the day his career in MMA ends.

Nah.
InkedUp
6/29/07 7:46:03AM
All I really have left to say on this whole thread is lets just wait til the fight happens and see who pulls off what...
kingkicker
6/29/07 9:17:26AM
AGREE
rameydl8
6/29/07 12:37:10PM

Posted by InkedUp

I'm not sure which is worse, tito saying this or saying he would make Rashad his "nappy headed bitch" during that whole Don Imus thing. I still think Rashad is going to suprise alot of us and actually show up in shape for a fight and make this one a SD instead of a UD.

i hope rashad kills him...tito is a bitch
nubby
6/29/07 3:26:12PM

Posted by rameydl8

Posted by InkedUp

I'm not sure which is worse, tito saying this or saying he would make Rashad his "nappy headed bitch" during that whole Don Imus thing. I still think Rashad is going to suprise alot of us and actually show up in shape for a fight and make this one a SD instead of a UD.

HEY HEY HEY, CALM IT DOWN THERE SIR!
BigE
6/29/07 6:43:19PM

Posted by Stickan

Ortiz spends too much time trying to market his own ass. He should spend more time training because he's going to have a handful with Rashad.

Rashad by UD.

If bloody Forrest Griffin can knock Tito down, I believe Rashad stands a very good chance of winning by KO/TKO.
nubby
6/29/07 6:59:30PM

Posted by BigE

Posted by Stickan

Ortiz spends too much time trying to market his own ass. He should spend more time training because he's going to have a handful with Rashad.

Rashad by UD.

If bloody Forrest Griffin can knock Tito down, I believe Rashad stands a very good chance of winning by KO/TKO.

When did Forrest knock Tito down?
J_wieting_9
6/30/07 1:49:04AM

Posted by cowcatcher

im by no means a tito fan, but the guy can sell a fight. i have rashad picked by ud, but the more i think about it the more im leaning towards titos experience. that and the fact that i havent seen rashad against a top fighter. rashad keeps looking better and better every time out there,and the only way to find out if he is that good is a match like this. im just hoping it doesnt turn into a cuddlefest on the ground with neither guy trying to improve positon, i could see either one hoping for a win on takedowns and LnP

Ortiz hasn't finished a guy not named Shamrock in quite a while now so look at the record.

P.S. Rashad has evolved beyond Lay and Pray
Hurricane_Brad
6/30/07 3:57:06AM
I think Rashad takes this one. "Pillow Hands" Ortiz isn't going to knock anyone out standing, and I think Rashad has the edge in wrestling. I think Ortiz is in for a swift kick in the ass, which hopefully sends him packing from the UFC.
Signal2112
6/30/07 8:57:25AM
Tito, aside from being a completely unremarkable, overrated fighter also proves himself to be one of the most classless men in mixed martial arts. He has a big mouth, but he also has a great deal of trouble backing up what he says.

Not only would a combatant being paralysed or at least relegated to a wheelchair be disastrous for MMA PR, Tito is severly underestimating Rashad if he thinks he's going to have an easy time.

I like this fight. Neither of the competitors are top class, in fact, by my estimation, they're a long long way from the top of a division that is packed with incredible talent right now, moreso than ever before. What makes this fight so interesting is the level of animosity present and active between the two fighters, And Tito's schoolboy remarks make it even better, though they don't do a lot for him imo!
rameydl8
6/30/07 12:07:42PM

Posted by nubby

Posted by rameydl8

Posted by InkedUp

HEY HEY HEY, CALM IT DOWN THERE SIR!

.......sorry
keith-hackney1
7/1/07 11:34:27AM
Tito is gonna take this guys, i bet ya !!! Rashad has taken as huge step from sean salmon to take on tito who just went 3 rounds with chuck liddell. Rashad will get dominated !!!!!!!
nastshabast
7/1/07 5:42:44PM
rashad by ktfo 2:55 rd 1
bmich
7/1/07 7:03:07PM

Tito will win this one because he is way more experienced and has faced better competition. I will say he hasn't beat a quality fighter in a while but he will knock rashad to the gound and then some.
J-Platinum
7/1/07 7:48:22PM
Tito does have an uncanny ability when it comes to promoting his fights. But if he's taking Rashad lightly, he better watch out. Evans has been training hard with Diego's crew in New Mexico so his submission game is much improved. And we all know he will be able to take Tito down. Being somewhat biased because Rashad is reppin' Michigan State University, I would love to see him take this fight and move towards a showdown with Chuck or Dan Henderson.
rameydl8
7/2/07 1:26:05AM

Posted by J-Platinum

Tito does have an uncanny ability when it comes to promoting his fights. But if he's taking Rashad lightly, he better watch out. Evans has been training hard with Diego's crew in New Mexico so his submission game is much improved. And we all know he will be able to take Tito down. Being somewhat biased because Rashad is reppin' Michigan State University, I would love to see him take this fight and move towards a showdown with Chuck or Dan Henderson.

whoa whoa...calm down...chuck or henderson would easily beat rashad....hes a good fighter but lets be honest now...hes not quite that good..in a few years when chuck and dan are gray haired and walkin on canes then ill give him a chance
TaporSnap
7/3/07 12:23:06AM
Tito better nott ake him lightly hes gonna get punished in this fight and Dana White is gonna love it i like ya Tito but Rashad is my dude Tito will lose his next two fights and fight in elitexc or strikeforce
Pages: 1 [2]