Tito Ortiz vs. Rashad Evans

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » Tito Ortiz vs. Rashad Evans
Manfred
7/8/07 12:11:37AM
It's a draw.

Round one: 10-9 Otriz
Round two: 9-9 (Tito lost a point for fence grabbing)
Round three: 10-9 Evans
nubby
7/8/07 12:13:25AM

Posted by Manfred

It's a draw.

Round one: 10-9 Otriz
Round two: 9-9 (Tito lost a point for fence grabbing)
Round three: 10-9 Evans

Thats what Tito gets for cheating. That pissed me off.
MisFiT
7/8/07 12:16:14AM
Tito's a serious ****, he said "If you arent cheating, you arent trying" he also slapped Rashad it looked like and talked shit at the end of Round 2 after letting go of the guillotine before standing up. Hate the guy even more now.
ProfessorChaos
7/8/07 12:19:56AM
Here come the haters. Everyone does the cage grab and now Tito does it and it's an unforgivable act.

Tito would have won without grabbing the fence, but at least he proves he's still able to fight.

Suck it Tito haters

Tito>Rashad

I'm not even a Tito fan, but I just hate how everyone hates on him. Unless you actually know him in real life ( not by what you see in interviews and fights) then stop the hating.
MisFiT
7/8/07 12:21:06AM
It's ok though, cause I predicted a Split/Draw on it.
Manfred
7/8/07 12:21:06AM
My question is, what about bets/picks? Is it like a no contest?
BerndRealBad
7/8/07 12:23:12AM
Yeah if I lose my 700$ bet on Tito because he grabbed the cage, I'mma make sure I get that money back from him. I'll just uhh, ask nicely, or send someonee else...someone I don't necessarily care for. But yeah, I think all bets should be off on that fight.
ProfessorChaos
7/8/07 12:23:42AM
Didn't you pick a draw on the Maynard -Emerson match Misfit?

You are ....ing fantastic on these picks.

I'm 6-0-1, but I havnt picked 1 correct round or finish.

oh yah .... YOU TITO. YOU COST ME POINTS!!!!
Manfred
7/8/07 12:24:39AM
Split/draw doesn't make sense because you have to pick a winner first
BerndRealBad
7/8/07 12:24:50AM

Posted by MisFiT

It's ok though, cause I predicted a Split/Draw on it.

But if you guess Split/Draw....then do you get full points if you picked either fighter? That's kind of confusing.
MisFiT
7/8/07 12:25:20AM

Posted by ProfessorChaos

Didn't you pick a draw on the Maynard -Emerson match Misfit?

You are ....ing fantastic on these picks.

I'm 6-0-1, but I havnt picked 1 correct round or finish.

oh yah .... YOU TITO. YOU COST ME POINTS!!!!

Yes I did. I picked Rashad though, wonder how that will work out. I lost all my money on Herring, i'll win some from my picks but eh. Herring won that fight, so sketchy. It was a work.
BigSlick
7/8/07 12:33:37AM
tito was grabbing the fence cause he was getting picked up and slammed, like he was in the third. Could have been a different fight. I like rashad less after this fight, he just didnt push it, imo.
Alot of time wasted moving his hands all over without throwing punches.
BerndRealBad
7/8/07 12:35:50AM
that's because of the first 20 seconds of the fight. He had a goofy ass smile on his face and then it got changed to an 'oh shit, he CAN take me down' look and after that, he was hesitant basically the whole fight.
Manfred
7/8/07 2:02:22AM
Whew, thankfully it counted as a no contest. All bets off. (I had 350 on that fight)
wolfman
7/8/07 12:32:14PM
I had 1375 on that fight, I had Tito to win. I am glad it is a no contest, however; I do feel that Tito won that fight. Tito pressed the action more and controlled the first two rounds for the most part. Minus the cage grabbing, as said before, he did win that fight imo.
wolfman
7/8/07 12:40:27PM
In addition, I feel like this draw is just a way of keeping Rashad's record clean and it is ultimately a way to garner in more money for the rematch that will follow sometime down the road. I am not necessarily saying that the fight was rigged I am just pointing out that the rematch will be a good moneymaker due to this.
Pandaiga
7/8/07 12:53:52PM
Tito definately would have won. Its not like he would have lost that round, he grabbed the fence and still got put in the same position he would have been in if he had not. And let them hate tito, he deserves to be hated. Hes still fun as hell to watch. I sure don't want the UFC to be 100% classy fighters who shake hands and hug after fights. I want a holes who start stuff and piss people off. I want guys who don't shake hands and who make it exciting.
nubby
7/8/07 1:35:31PM

Posted by Pandaiga

Tito definately would have won. Its not like he would have lost that round, he grabbed the fence and still got put in the same position he would have been in if he had not. And let them hate tito, he deserves to be hated. Hes still fun as hell to watch. I sure don't want the UFC to be 100% classy fighters who shake hands and hug after fights. I want a holes who start stuff and piss people off. I want guys who don't shake hands and who make it exciting.

Me too.
PaulyD
7/9/07 1:39:33PM

Posted by Pandaiga

I think so too, won the first 10-9, lost 10-9 in the second and I think they shared the 3rd, but hey. Can't be done with Evans' arm waving - that's fine if you're gonna throw bombs behind 'em, but he didn't initiate enough trades for my liking. I like to see some class in a fighter (Silva is a good example), but you have to have guys you hate and guys who talk sh!t, it sells tix and raises profiles. Having said that, Leben can go vanish to whatever organisation he was looking to go to anytime.
veritas
7/10/07 4:42:13AM
Ya its always fun to watch Tito because he makes it personal, its that much more exciting when theres someone who carries a chip on their shoulder when throwing down, it adds a lot to a fight, mores at stake.

Its also necessary to have goes you dont like in there, to create that contrast so you hope he kets his ass kicked that much more to shut their mouth up and deflate their egos, like koscheck. A KO by GSP will feel so much more satisfying

That was the appeal of the Tito vs Shamrock fights, they made it a personal vendetta, its not just a set up match, its a real grudge match. Nick Diaz is another fighter who I love to watch because he is so opinionated. I think thats also what the appeal was for the f shamrock and baroni fight. that was intense and greatly satisfying...