Tito Ortiz involved in car accident over the weekend, Rashad Evans fight still on

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Tito Ortiz involved in car accident over the weekend, Rashad Evans fight still on
Budgellism
7/25/11 10:34:14PM
That's the bad news. The good news is that he's okay and the UFC 133 curse has not claimed another victim.

Over the weekend, Tito Ortiz, driving his coveted -- and ridiculously expensive -- Rolls Royce Phantom, was involved in a three-car collision in Costa Mesa, Calif., according to TMZ.com.

Thankfully, no one was injured; only the grill of that beautiful piece of machinery was damaged significantly. "The Huntington Beach Bad Boy" also said the cash to pay for repairs will come out of his own pocket.

LINK
scoozna
7/25/11 10:40:56PM
I'm imagining his face might look like that grill very soon.
Cooler
7/25/11 10:43:49PM
An early excuse if/when Rashad beats him perhaps.
Twenty20Dollars
7/25/11 10:46:15PM
Would have been insanity if Ortiz had to pull out.
FastKnockout
7/25/11 10:54:25PM

Posted by Cooler

Of course.
KungFuMaster
7/26/11 12:17:59AM
Although I would never wish ill will for anyone, I would have liked Tito to suffer a minor injury and perhaps we can get Machida vs Evans instead.
prophecy033
7/26/11 1:12:41AM
Cross your fingers, Tito might bitch out
Kpro
7/26/11 1:17:11AM

Posted by Budgellism

"The Huntington Beach Bad Boy" also said the cash to pay for repairs will come out of his own pocket.

Wait what? If he didn't have insurance, he's obviously going to be hearing from the police with an accident this publicized, and if he does have insurance then it shouldn't be coming out of his own pocket as I'd take my premiums going up over what I imagine the cost is to fix that.
landstander
7/26/11 3:18:32AM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Budgellism

"The Huntington Beach Bad Boy" also said the cash to pay for repairs will come out of his own pocket.

Wait what? If he didn't have insurance, he's obviously going to be hearing from the police with an accident this publicized, and if he does have insurance then it shouldn't be coming out of his own pocket as I'd take my premiums going up over what I imagine the cost is to fix that.

I think there are two types of insurance. the compulsory insurance covers the medical expenses of people injured in the accident. the other insurance covers other vehicles, your vehicle or whatever is in the policy. That's why when my friend would borrow his brothers car, his brother would say, if you think you are about to hit an expensive car swerve into a crowd of people on the side of the road instead cos I only have compulsory third party insurance.
Jekyll
7/26/11 4:03:39AM
he got in a fender blender... but wanted to make it news worthy because after he loses he will have 14 cracked ribs and bleeding mangina and 2 cracked skulls
kingsmasher
7/26/11 11:42:39AM

Posted by Cooler

I was just thinking the same thing guaranteed the back will be an issue...
kingsmasher
7/26/11 11:44:08AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Although I would never wish ill will for anyone, I would have liked Tito to suffer a minor injury and perhaps we can get Machida vs Evans instead.

Or they definitely woulda had to turn it into a free card...
Patchedup15
7/26/11 9:17:05PM
Whew.. cross my heart and pray to Gods of MMA