Tito Ortiz vs Frank Shamrock 2?!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Tito Ortiz vs Frank Shamrock 2?!
POLL: Who wins?
Tito 51% (24)
Frank 49% (23)
Twenty20Dollars
3/6/08 12:43:07PM
Tito Ortiz wants the rematch with Frank. I would love to see this fight in EliteXC. Hope it happens

Theres a video about tito being with UFC at MMAmania.com
mrliquid
3/6/08 1:16:07PM
I would love to see the rematch but I think Frank would take Tito out in the 2nd
MondayNiteMauser
3/6/08 1:43:23PM
Frank is going to tap Cung le quick ...Leaving the door open for Tito vs. Shamrock 2 on NATIONAL TV....what a was for EliteXC to steal a little of the UFC's dominace over the sport. that would be a marketing dream.
Pookie
3/6/08 1:51:52PM
Tito. He was winning the first time before getting caught with those elbows to the back of the head.
Mayhem13
3/6/08 2:51:41PM
Tito by rnd 3 TKO .... as long as he doesnt get pounded in the back of the head (which is Franks forte it seems)
emfleek
3/6/08 3:25:38PM
I think it all depends on how serious Tito is about fighting. Is he Mr. Hollywood now or is his head still in the "game"? If he's serious, I think Tito takes it to Shamrock.
jae_1833
3/6/08 3:38:14PM
I'd bet Tito in round 3 via TKO....GNP...because Frank looked dog tired after and during his fight with Baroni...if he brings that rubish endurance into a fight with Tito he will get slammed and pounded!
seanfu
3/6/08 4:15:20PM
Shamrock would beat Tito simply because of his lack of focus. If focused Tito by 5 round decision. It'll probably be a boring one.
pv3Hpv3p
3/6/08 4:17:50PM

Posted by Pookie

Tito. He was winning the first time before getting caught with those elbows to the back of the head.

Not the way I saw it... Tito wasn't doing anything on top except trying to survive Frank's guard in the first one... And then tapped out when the hammer fists started raining down...

Either way, I'd be interested in seeing a rematch... But Tito just seems sooo much bigger than Frank now... Tito's a HUGE 205 and Frank looks pretty comfortable at MW...
mrsmiley
3/7/08 5:06:20AM
I say Frank wins this.
NatedawgThaM
3/7/08 6:45:27AM
Not so fast, As long as Tito can sell PPV's by himself and as long as he does not get crushed but buts up a good fight against Machida, he ain't getting nowhere. It's what irritates me about the whole Dana vs Tito thing. Both should STFU because Tito won't go anywhere as long as he sells PPV's and still proves to be a good gatekeeper and Dana White should because having a feud with a fighter gives all the haters fuel who say the UFC treats there fighters bad.

If they did rematch though, I agree with Pookie, Tito was winning the whole time up until the end when he gassed. He's in better shape and I doubt it'd be a 5 round fight with Frank at MW so Tito should win a dominant UD.
bennymma1
3/7/08 7:32:01PM
I agree it would be a match up all mma fans would wnat to see, but at what weight class would they fight in Middle weight or Light heavy? I dont remember the last time Tito fought as a middle weight!
bls1919
3/7/08 7:48:48PM
Hard one to call. .........Shamrock tko 3rd
joshjr
3/19/08 6:59:34PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Tito Ortiz wants the rematch with Frank. I would love to see this fight in EliteXC. Hope it happens

Theres a video about tito being with UFC at MMAmania.com

Frank fights in StrikeForce no Elite XC.
Pookie
3/19/08 7:11:36PM
Tito easily, last time they fought shamrock won with a move you cant perform anymore and since then frank's skills have deteriorated more than titos have.
pmeout
3/19/08 7:42:07PM
If Tito sticks to his word and leaves the UFC this fight is a sure thing you would think. If Tito beats Machida (which I have him doing) this will be a huge fight for Elite/Strikeforce. Tito vs. Frank 2 ...Tito split decision
ncordless
3/19/08 7:52:11PM
Tito and Frank are not even close to the same size anymore. Tito dwarfed Ken Shamrock, who is much larger than Frank. Tito would do the absolute same thing as he did to Ken. Pick him up, take him down by the cage, and GnP him rnd 1.
ICSlegend
3/19/08 10:35:44PM

Posted by Pookie

Tito doesn't have the cardio he once did. And Frank's is better anyway.

I think the biggest issue here is weight. What will the fight be at?
cheesy-maggot
3/20/08 12:19:26AM
I'm going with Frank on this one. Tito hasn't look impressive lately, hopefully he does better against Machida. I think Frank is going to have him beat even before the fight starts.
number0
3/27/08 3:53:38PM
Tito aint been lookin so hot as of latley.when frank shamrock beat le he gonna be on another level.Ortiz on the other hand i think has gotten softer over the years.Both fighters games have evolved but franks is on another level.I hope frank makes "the bad boy" tap just to rub it in that much more.
Raykill
6/3/08 1:15:10AM
Frank beats Tito, Nuff said