Tito Ortiz: "I will defeat Forrest Griffin within two rounds"

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Tito Ortiz: "I will defeat Forrest Griffin within two rounds"
Card
6/27/12 10:10:11AM
Tito Ortiz has a simple plan for UFC 148: hurt Forrest Griffin, get the "W".

"It's my whole legacy, it's what I've been doing the last 15 years. It's time to showcase my skills of knowing that I'm still one of the top ten guys of the Light Heavyweight division.

Being up in a Big Bear, you get that heart of a lion. ...I am here to die for my cause. Someone is going to have to carry me out of there cuz I ain't giving up. ...I'm going to blast right through him. I am going to test his chin and I'm going to hit it over and over. I'm going to damage him, I'm going to try and hurt him.

...I will defeat Forrest Griffin within two rounds. I hope he is ready for a war because I am ready for a war. When I walk away, people are going to say, "Holy Sh**, Tito Ortiz shouldn't be going anywhere right now."

Video - http://youtu.be/DycDPo1AOrU (transcribed by mmamania )

Boo_Radley21
6/27/12 10:27:59AM
Griffin UD
TWITA
6/27/12 11:20:04AM
Tito forgot a few words in his statement (see missing words in quotes) -

...I will (BE) defeat(ED) (BY) Forrest Griffin within two rounds. I hope he is ready for a war because I am ready for a war (EXCEPT FOR THIS NAGGING NECK INJURY... MAN, MY NECK HURTS RIGHT NOW). When I walk away, people are going to say, "Holy Sh**, Tito Ortiz should (RETIRE)
prophecy033
6/27/12 11:50:11AM
I got Griffin UD if not late tko due to body strikes
FastKnockout
6/27/12 11:53:36AM
Sorry, Tito. You can be competitive with some of the top ten, but that doesn't make you a top ten.
Chael_Sonnen
6/27/12 12:04:29PM
Who cares about this fight, lets just put this on the facebook prelims and jump right to the CHAEL event of UFC 148
lohmann
6/27/12 12:05:58PM

Posted by Card

...I will defeat Forrest Griffin within two rounds. I hope he is ready for a war because I am ready for a war. When I walk away, people are going to say, "Holy Sh**, Tito Ortiz shouldn't be going anywhere right now."

Is he slowly stepping back his seemingly impending retirement?

Tito has the most fan favor he has had in years right now. Win or lose, I hope he keeps his word afterwards.
prozacnation1978
6/27/12 12:13:19PM
I would love to see Tito go out a winner. But i do think griffin will win
Pskinner_mma314
6/27/12 12:23:48PM
I don't see how Tito could win this fight. Based on history between the two and the strategy that will most likely be used by both. It can be argued the Forrest won the first fight(I think he did). The two styles make for a close fight but Forrest is just a little bit better.

Hope Tito keeps his word.
hashyandy4
6/27/12 1:17:13PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Griffin UD

This
Chael_Sonnen
6/27/12 1:20:31PM
You are wrong Tito....you will smash Forrest in the 3rd......when you retire big guy, take Forrest with you.
bjj1605
6/27/12 1:47:27PM
Tito always has worked hard to hype a fight.

Problem is, his threats just aren't as credible as when he was in his prime.

Even if he did win this fight, it would be by 3rnd lay and pray.
frizzzlecake
6/27/12 2:37:52PM
Tito Via Triangle in the second:

K4RP3NT3R
6/27/12 3:15:37PM

Posted by lohmann

Posted by Card
"Tito Ortiz shouldn't be going anywhere right now."

Is he slowly stepping back his seemingly impending retirement?

Tito has the most fan favor he has had in years right now. Win or lose, I hope he keeps his word afterwards.

I was thinking the same thing. It sounds as though he wants to win the fight, of course, but simply so he will gain some more support. If he gets that support, he will have an excuse not to retire. Retirement can be very difficult, but I think it is definitely his time.
sparky
6/27/12 3:19:42PM
I'll be pulling for Tito to end his career and this trilogy with a win, but I got Forrest UD
Budgellism
6/27/12 3:54:44PM

Griffin UD