UFC 78: Tito Ortiz vs. Dan Henderson?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 78: Tito Ortiz vs. Dan Henderson?
« Previous Page
jgtribbett
9/28/07 9:04:05PM

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

I think The hunnington beach bad boy would definetley take this one.I think hendo is overrated not really overrated but overrated.

yeah we'll see about that... dan is kinda inconsistant buty damn ... he is a scrapper... we all might be suprised about this one.. i think that they are a good matchup for each other
nubby
9/28/07 10:26:01PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

I think The hunnington beach bad boy would definetley take this one.I think hendo is overrated not really overrated but overrated.

I dunno man Hendo KO'd wand(no easy task) and did very well against rampage(again no easy task). Plus Tito's not going to out wrestle Hendo, and Hendo's the better striker. And Prides middle weight div is considered LHW(205), Pride WW(MW in the UFC) div weight is 183.

Why is it so hard to out wrestle Hendo, from what I understand he gets taken down often in his fights and he certainly didn't out wrestle Page.
MeanGreene
9/29/07 8:16:13AM
Cro Cop was hit low 3 times! and with all shorts grabbing to prevent knees and takedowns that tito was doing....shoulda been at least 2 point takin
danski
9/29/07 9:35:32AM
I hope this happens. Dan would spank Tito...SPANK
Azzkiker
9/29/07 10:33:59AM
Id be shocked if that happened, pleased but shocked. I thought Rashaad v. Tito fight was a little on the boring side.
m0nk3y
9/29/07 11:08:33AM
looks like tito takes a beating either way
bootyclause
9/29/07 9:24:29PM

Posted by Wolf

If it's true Tito is going to get absolutely mauled. There's no way he'll be able to handle Henderson's intensity.

u would think at some point people would stop predicting Pride guys to maul anyone.
bootyclause
9/29/07 9:30:41PM
and also, Hendo is one of the last standing Pride heroes but he has taken his share of losses. Tito beat Wandy who beat up Hendo the first time (for about 90% of that fight).

So by MMA math Tito can beat him.

Most importantly, its really time people looked at Pride and changed their tune a little - most top UFC guys can hang with anyone from Pride's top guys. Forrest whooped the golden boy, Kongo and Gonzaga beat on Cro Cop, Nick Diaz beat up Gomi, etc. The only feather in a Pride fanboy cap is Rampage.

People need to open their minds a little and stop giving Pride guys automatic wins before they fight.
cmill21
9/29/07 10:04:08PM

Posted by bootyclause

and also, Hendo is one of the last standing Pride heroes but he has taken his share of losses. Tito beat Wandy who beat up Hendo the first time (for about 90% of that fight).

So by MMA math Tito can beat him.

Most importantly, its really time people looked at Pride and changed their tune a little - most top UFC guys can hang with anyone from Pride's top guys. Forrest whooped the golden boy, Kongo and Gonzaga beat on Cro Cop, Nick Diaz beat up Gomi, etc. The only feather in a Pride fanboy cap is Rampage.

People need to open their minds a little and stop giving Pride guys automatic wins before they fight.

And Barnett beat the UFC's golden boy in Randy, and then got killed 3 times by Cro Cop, it's a never ending circle, and the venue has alot to do with it as do injuries. Hendo's fought in the UFC a few times before, and I don't think beating tito would give him anything other then a "who care's it's just tito" pat on the back.
J-Platinum
9/30/07 1:29:36AM
With all the recent upsets in the LHW division, this fight looks like a decent idea. I am a bit biased because Rashad is from the house, and I want him to get his shot at Tito. But with Jardine beating Chuck and Forrest demolishing Shogun, this looks like a battle for who will fight Rampage next.

Or does Dana have Jardine vs. Forrest and give that winner a title shot?
TOMMYAYO05
10/1/07 1:33:05AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

I dunno man Hendo KO'd wand(no easy task) and did very well against rampage(again no easy task). Plus Tito's not going to out wrestle Hendo, and Hendo's the better striker. And Prides middle weight div is considered LHW(205), Pride WW(MW in the UFC) div weight is 183.

yeah i feel ya bro but people thought he would take rampage and i thought there was no way in hell.Wandi yeah ill give hendo that but it was a even fight up to that devastating tko.Tito needs to get back to himself and i would definetley give him a shot.
CornishMMA
10/1/07 3:33:11PM
This fight aint happening guys, you should never believe TAGG radio and it seems they were wrong yet again

There are rumors floating around that Tito Ortiz will be fighting Dan Henderson, as opposed to Rashad Evans, in his next UFC bout.

MMANews.com's own Chris Howie spoke with Tito Ortiz directly earlier today to follow-up on the rumor, and the former UFC Light Heavyweight champion was quick to deny the story altogether..........

LINK
Pages: 1 [2]