Tito Ortiz comments on his status with the UFC

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Tito Ortiz comments on his status with the UFC
SmileR
5/26/08 9:27:26AM
n speaking about his current situation of unrest with the most prominent mixed martial arts organization in the world, Ortiz stated, “It just really comes down to… I see the whole situation with the company, you know, I put my heart and soul on the line… and if I speak out amongst what the contracts are and what the fighters get paid and everything… I’m called a stupid person.

“But back in the day when Dana White was my manager, he was fighting against SEG (the former owners of the UFC) to get me the pay-per-view buys and to get me the money that I felt I was rightfully owed for stepping into the Octagon and fighting.”

The cruxt of Ortiz’s position, at least publicly, is that he feels that he hasn’t been treated respectfully or compensated fairly by the organization that he has attached himself to for the past 11 years.

“I’ve been disrespected time and time again and it started last year with the Bad Blood thing,” he commented. “They wanted to take advantage of me and I stood up because I’m a businessman.

“I know what I’m worth.”

Link
SmileR
5/26/08 9:30:31AM
I wonder how much Tito thinks he's worth?
hodge
5/26/08 9:37:53AM
Its sad to see Tito go hopefully him and Dana can sort something out.
ohiostate1016
5/26/08 9:47:05AM
You know, Tito Ortiz is an interesting human. The postfight interview after he lost to Machida was the second time that he surprised me when I was ready to write him off alltogether (the other time was when he was a coach on TUF3). Tito actually did the interview like a decent human, and he just told it like it is without bashing anyone. And now this? He's on his way back to being the guy that everyone hates.
stock
5/26/08 10:50:09AM

Posted by ohiostate1016

You know, Tito Ortiz is an interesting human. The postfight interview after he lost to Machida was the second time that he surprised me when I was ready to write him off alltogether (the other time was when he was a coach on TUF3). Tito actually did the interview like a decent human, and he just told it like it is without bashing anyone. And now this? He's on his way back to being the guy that everyone hates.

I think that is only because he lost.
The-Don
5/26/08 12:00:03PM

Posted by SmileR

I wonder how much Tito thinks he's worth?

I'd like to have half of what Tito thinks he is worth.. .I'd never have to work again.