Tito Ortiz Casting for "Anytown Throwdown" Reality Show

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Tito Ortiz Casting for "Anytown Throwdown" Reality Show
SmileR
3/5/08 9:56:21PM
UFC light heavyweight Tito Ortiz will give reality television a second chance.

Ortiz, who was eliminated during this past week's episode of "The Celebrity Apprentice," is currently casting for a new reality show entitled "Anytown Throwdown" for the G4 cable station.

One of the show's casting consultants today revealed some details of the show exclusively to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

The reality series allows contestants to settle a dispute in the most basic of ways: they duke it up. Ortiz, who serves as the show's host, will train the participants during the build-up for each show-ending bout. However, the show's producers are still figuring out the exact details of how the fights will be structured.

Link
silverbullet
3/5/08 10:14:51PM
Tito loves being a professional MMA fighter, except for the fighting part!
bullettdodger
3/6/08 1:55:27AM

Posted by silverbullet

Machida is going to stomp him!
saemskin
3/6/08 7:36:53AM
Anything that is MMA ON TV is a good thing in my eyes as long as it's not being hosted by John McCain. I think Tito is a great tv personality, and he may not be able to finish fights anymore, this is something he does very well.

I'll make a prediction now and say that Tito is going to be on TV alot from now on. Either hosting shows like this, or participating in them. anyone want to bet a nickel on that?
gsquat
3/6/08 9:59:06AM
So what you're saying is people who know nothing of MMA get to use MMA to take their rage out on someone they hate. Yeah, thats good for the sport.
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/6/08 11:36:40AM

Posted by silverbullet

if i could give u props, i would
to comment on the "anytown throwdown": LAME
whardin19
3/6/08 12:46:31PM
This dude needs to layoff the reality shows! That, or retire from the sport and do this for a living. I'm not sure he's taking fighting seriously anymore. That's a bad mistake against Machida!
saemskin
3/6/08 1:09:51PM
where does it say that it's going to be people off the street?
Boo_Radley21
3/6/08 8:03:38PM
Tito's a loser I dont even care what he does anymore
Raykill
6/13/08 2:31:25PM
I would watch it, bet then again I am just an MMA whore. Put on T.V. and I will watch it.