Tito Ortiz on The Apprentice???

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Tito Ortiz on The Apprentice???
jiujitsufreak74
12/22/07 11:44:42PM
I was watching t.v. yesterday and saw tito ortiz on the commercial for celebrity apprentice...i'm not joking. is this another cry for attention on the part of tito? i mean, why would the guy do a celeb-reality show when he should focus on his declining fighting career? it just doesn't make sense to me why tito would do this...either way i am going to watch because i am curious to how tito will represent mma, i am guessing he will do a good job since he is very personable and is good in the public eye. to make it clear, i like the guy as a person, but as a fighter i can't stand him. i guess we'll see what happens next...
tuvok500
12/23/07 12:03:49AM
man, you are just 2 months behind in the news !!
Tito announced that a while ago !!

and Tito's fighting career in not in decline, you should look at those who have 2 lost in a rows before claimimg something like that all the times !!

jiujitsufreak74
12/23/07 12:09:00AM

Posted by tuvok500

and Tito's fighting career in not in decline, you should look at those who have 2 lost in a rows before claimimg something like that all the times !!

damn i guess i missed that, but i seriously do think that tito is declining, he shouldn't have beaten forrest and a draw with evans is the same as a loss for him imo. he just seems to not be the fighter he used to be...anyway sorry, i was just shocked to hear the news for the first time, guess this one just flew over my head...
tuvok500
12/23/07 12:20:18AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by tuvok500

damn i guess i missed that, but i seriously do think that tito is declining, he shouldn't have beaten forrest and a draw with evans is the same as a loss for him imo. he just seems to not be the fighter he used to be...anyway sorry, i was just shocked to hear the news for the first time, guess this one just flew over my head...

winning a close fight against Forrest is 100 times better than losing by rear naked choke !!
and Tito won the battle against Evans but because of the 1 pts deduction the fight end as a draw instead of a win for Tito. And like your friend Shogun , Tito was injured.
If you thing that at the 2008 UFC level, the fights are going to be easier that in 2003-2004 , well, you are not watching the same events than me.
before 2004, many fighters were not very well trained and a guy like Tito who was always top shape was demolishing the competition, but now, everybody are well trained and it is perfectly normal that Tito look less impressive but it is not because he his in declined it is because his opponents are also well trained and the fights are closer !!

postman
12/23/07 12:31:44AM
Probley going to make more money then he would for a fight figure it takes 3 months to tape the show three months to train why not get some easy money for a change.
Pitbull09
12/23/07 3:05:28AM
Yea, this didnt surprise me when I heard a couple months ago. The guy is well known for marketing his fights well even with how bad his career has been going. To me, this is a good move for him. I think he blends well with trumps ego and will survive for awhile
Manfred
12/23/07 4:53:02AM

Posted by Pitbull09

Yea, this didnt surprise me when I heard a couple months ago. The guy is well known for marketing his fights well even with how bad his career has been going. To me, this is a good move for him. I think he blends well with trumps ego and will survive for awhile

He was one of the first guys in the early days who marketed himself. He had friends selling Tito t-shirts in the parking lots of the events he was in. This was back in the "dark days" when they were getting paid crap.

As to him being on the show, it's good for the sport if he comes off as intelligent and does well. If he acts like a thug and an idiot, then it's more ammo for the anti-mma crowd