Tito Ortiz To Appear At Affliction Press Conference Wednesday

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Tito Ortiz To Appear At Affliction Press Conference Wednesday
DCRage
12/15/08 7:44:25PM
The largest contract in MMA history may be close to being signed. Tito Ortiz, who made such claims as a free agent, will appear at an Affliction press conference this Wednesday, and while nothing has been revealed it's a clue that perhaps the deal is finally done.

Article
Darnok
12/15/08 8:30:42PM
Pretty soon Tito is going to have to pay to be allowed to fight, as no one wants to sign him.
Jackelope
12/15/08 10:17:57PM
It would be smart for Affliction to pick up someone like Tito Ortiz. He still carries a name to the casual fan, and they could definitely build a fighter off of a win over Tito. Hell, they could take Lil' Nog (whom the UFC DEFINITELY should have signed) and use his Nogueira namesake, and a victory over Tito to build a marquee fighter.
holt8081
12/15/08 11:11:06PM
ya tito has lost is fan base I think..............I dont even think he would do well in WEC
Princeofpunk
12/15/08 11:20:30PM
I think Tito has something to prove to all of us, we'll see in his next fight if the surgery helped. I for one will always be a fan of Tito.
emfleek
12/15/08 11:22:15PM
Can someone help? I can't seem to find the "yawn" emoticon...
TimW001
12/15/08 11:53:51PM

Tito, I've seen enough of you lately.

< me falling asleep during your fights, and news.
MMAcca
12/16/08 2:18:47AM
Tito won't sign for Affliction. He's just keeping his name in the news to feed his ego. He will be back with the UFC by the middle of 2009 (when he's recovered from injury) imo.
ohiostate1016
12/16/08 9:07:56AM

Posted by Jackelope

It would be smart for Affliction to pick up someone like Tito Ortiz. He still carries a name to the casual fan, and they could definitely build a fighter off of a win over Tito. Hell, they could take Lil' Nog (whom the UFC DEFINITELY should have signed) and use his Nogueira namesake, and a victory over Tito to build a marquee fighter.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Lil Nog is somebody that could definitely use some buildup. He could be a marquee name for Affliction at LHW, especially after he beats Tito. If they're looking for a LHW champ, then I'm think that they could put the winner of a Tito/Lil Nog fight up against the winner of Babalu/Soku at Affliction 3 or 4.
RearNakedJoke
12/16/08 10:02:23AM

ya tito has lost is fan base I think..............I dont even think he would do well in WEC

he would dominate in wec. if he can cut to welter weight that is.
tooly236
12/16/08 11:02:58AM
I am not a fan at all, but I think even for his die hard fans, he better show up to fight and finish in his next one, or they will even broom him fast.
Darnok
12/16/08 11:18:03AM

Posted by MMAcca

Tito won't sign for Affliction. He's just keeping his name in the news to feed his ego. He will be back with the UFC by the middle of 2009 (when he's recovered from injury) imo.

I agree it does sound like he is just trying to keep the media talking about him.
The-Don
12/16/08 1:38:49PM
For whoever does finally sign him I hope he comes ready to fight. and gets a couple of wins.. not because I like Tito, personally I think he is an ass, but for the money they are going to spend then need to get something out of it.
The-Don
12/16/08 1:40:49PM

Posted by MMAcca

I don't see why the UFC would want him.. Other then his name which is getting tarnished in the UFC by his recent string of losses.. what really does he offer the UFC? Maybe if he moved up to HW.. theat might be a bit entertaining..
MMAcca
12/17/08 2:03:20AM

Posted by The-Don

Posted by MMAcca

I don't see why the UFC would want him.. Other then his name which is getting tarnished in the UFC by his recent string of losses.. what really does he offer the UFC? Maybe if he moved up to HW.. theat might be a bit entertaining..

At the end of the day, he's still a top LHW who will sell PPVs for Dana. Why would the UFC not want him?
MMAcca
12/17/08 7:42:45AM
Affliction is not going to announce that they've signed him anyway......LINK
Red-Dragon
12/17/08 8:27:38AM

Posted by MMAcca

Affliction is not going to announce that they've signed him anyway......LINK

Wow, I just read the article and apparently Fedor has gone into isolated training as he failed to win that sambo tournament. Poor old Arlovski.
DCRage
12/17/08 2:33:40PM
The press conference has happened and...

Tito is still a free agent. Still talking to Affliction, but no deal.
DCRage
12/17/08 4:36:41PM
Update: He's Affliction's new commentator.

Article

Stroke of genius!