Is Tito Ortiz AFL-Bound?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Is Tito Ortiz AFL-Bound?
MMAcca
9/18/08 4:03:16PM
Tito Ortiz's UFC contract officially expired on August 4th. The next day, SI.com reported that Ortiz had signed a ground-breaking deal with Affliction. Several hours later, they changed the story to state that the former light heavyweight champion was on the verge of signing the contract. 43 days later, we still have no clue as to where and when Ortiz will fight next.

Every couple of days, Ortiz will pop up in some interview, insult Dana White, tell us he's been in this sport for eleven years and that it's finally time for him to get paid. Seriously, I know his speech off by heart at this point.

Recently, Ortiz was a guest on HDNet's "Inside MMA" and, once again, regurgitated the same song and dance about how he was ready to collect. However, when we spoke to Affliction COO, Michael D. Cohen, last month about Ortiz's demands, he flat out said that neither Affliction nor any other fight promotion will pay Ortiz what he wants.

I wonder if he was also referring to the American Fight League?

Recent reports have stated that Ortiz has been in negotiations with the fledgling promotion and, quite frankly, this is the only organization I can see paying Ortiz what he wants or at least close enough to it.

LINK
Twenty20Dollars
9/18/08 5:06:28PM
Hopefully he could get a win there at AFL or that would be a bust for AFL paying him all that money and he cant get a win, especially against lesser competition.
wrona666
9/18/08 6:44:34PM
I though he was going to the WWE......All jokes aside i could really care less at this point.....
McBee
9/18/08 6:54:07PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Hopefully he could get a win there at AFL or that would be a bust for AFL paying him all that money and he cant get a win, especially against lesser competition.

man you think Ortixz sucks
cmb19932
9/18/08 7:33:32PM
i think if the ufc paid him what he wanted witch he does kinda deserve he could still haul ass there
tooly236
9/18/08 7:41:15PM

Posted by cmb19932

i think if the ufc paid him what he wanted witch he does kinda deserve he could still haul ass there

Tito deserves it, I am a buisness owner and I pay my emplyees what they deserve. If they feel different, they find other work. If one of my employees ever bashed me or tried to ruin my public image, I would not hire anyone that even knows them, and go well out of my way to blackball them. It is the golden rule (the person with the gold makes the rules). And of course when owners get to arrogant, competition can creap in and take over, but the UFC is way on top right now, so they will decide what a old one dimensional fighter is worth.
JimiMak
9/18/08 9:00:33PM
I think I'm one of the only ppl that hasn't made up my mind where tito stands right now. Machida is about to make a lot of ppl look bad, beating ken and losing to chuck and that's it in 5 yrs. If he starts fighting regularly and fights a variety of good quality opponents I have no idea how I think he'd do. I think he may have spent his best years not fighting for contract reasons.
BIGKAT
9/19/08 1:15:03PM

Posted by wrona666

I though he was going to the WWE......All jokes aside i could really care less at this point.....

Exactly, I think the bigger question is "who really cares?"