Tito Ortiz

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Tito Ortiz
Aether
1/25/09 12:24:43AM
This guy made Mike Goldberg look like a genius of epic proportions today. The guy could barely string together a coherent sentence. He probably made more mistakes in one event than goldy has made in his entire career.

He was calling kimuras americanas, claiming that an injured fighter was acting, he said there were no decisions then backpedaled, man this guy was just tripping all over his tongue, half of what he said in post-fight interviews didn't even make sense.

I'm amazed that someone who talks so much could be so bad at it.
grappler0000
1/25/09 12:30:25AM
Couldn't have said it better myself. He was definitely the worst part of tonight's card.
Bowen50
1/25/09 12:32:44AM
Tito was absolutely HORRENDOUS. i'd rather listen to the ramblings of a retarded Boomhower from King of the Hill.
king_katool
1/25/09 12:33:38AM
did it sound like the ring announcer was sayin corny instead or corner all night to you guys, i didnt here a proper pronunciation of the word corner all night
Wolfenstein
1/25/09 12:34:59AM
I'm not a big Tito fan, and I think yeah he stumbled a bit and the sharks smell blood. I thought overall he did a good job of commentating in an unbiased manner. His fighter interviews were ugly, but so are a lot of Joe Rogan's.

I would definetely rather have Bas Rutten, but hey what can you do?
postman
1/25/09 12:38:59AM

Posted by Wolfenstein

I'm not a big Tito fan, and I think yeah he stumbled a bit and the sharks smell blood. I thought overall he did a good job of commentating in an unbiased manner. His fighter interviews were ugly, but so are a lot of Joe Rogan's.

I would definetely rather have Bas Rutten, but hey what can you do?

The best team they could have is out there but the "asshole" in the words of Bas won't allow it. Maro Steven and I like Frank Shamrock.
Aether
1/25/09 12:50:31AM
and what was with that dude with the robot voice? Holy **** that was the most annoying sound I've ever heard. When that guy started talking I actually was praying for them to put tito back on.

Why not just hire a 70 year old lung cancer patient to interview people with a voice box?
burialchamber
1/25/09 12:55:58AM
Claiming that that guy was faking (and laughing at him, if I recall correctly) was really unprofessional.
JoeySteel
1/25/09 1:00:02AM
I was watching Bobalu beat Soko and wondering why Tito kept calling the choke an anaconda choke. Then finally the announcer said it was a darce, Then Tito told Bobalu he was the best LHW fighter of the night.

Crowning Tito a total idiot.

Wow. It was painful to hear that commentary. Painful. Him and his crew.

Who was that Paul Ruben sounding on the scene dude with chuck zito. He said Bobalu was totally insane and filled with vengeance. Vengeance? Really?

I don't think that was the word he was looking for.

Painful
EvenFlow
1/25/09 1:17:19AM

Posted by JoeySteel

I was watching Bobalu beat Soko and wondering why Tito kept calling the choke an anaconda choke. Then finally the announcer said it was a darce, Then Tito told Bobalu he was the best LHW fighter of the night.

Who was that Paul Ruben sounding on the scene dude with chuck zito. He said Bobalu was totally insane and filled with vengeance. Vengeance? Really?

Painful

I agree with everything, the whole night I wanted to beat the cast and make them sign decent commentary, PBP and production. This makes Bill Goldberg from the EliteXC days look good, making Rogan and Goldy sound like geniuses.
breakdown5
1/25/09 1:24:55AM
Tito is no Joe Rogan/Frank Mir/Randy Couture/Bas Rutten. The whole night I was thinking that the show would have been a million times better with Bas on the mic screaming for liver shots all night! The production was better than the first show, but did anybody notice when some guy walked in front of the camera when the three amigos were breaking down the show? Hilarious.....
warglory
1/25/09 1:38:47AM
Tito made mistakes for sure, but it was his first time interviewing someone! That's a tougher gig than one might think. Plus he did it all for free.
postman
1/25/09 1:49:21AM

Posted by JoeySteel

Painful

That dudes name is Scott Ferrell he is a sports radio guy on Sirius he awesome but has no business doing MMA.
bls1919
1/25/09 10:43:13AM
I thought that he did a horrible job. From being very unprofessional about what was clearly three groin shots to Lauzon and saying he was faking. To calling FEDOR...FEADOR. He really stunk up the place.
Franklinfan47
1/25/09 11:08:17AM
He should stick to what he does best....getting his ass kicked in the ring. Seriously, worst announcing since Kimbo's "I love the city of Japan". Him, Tito, and Mike Goldberg should form an announce team.
MattHughesRules
1/25/09 12:32:52PM
I couldn't agree more! He was awful! The card was great but he brought the production value wayyyy down. Let's be honest though, this announcing career was just a creative way to get him into the organization now until he gets healthy. He will more then likely be on the next Affliction fight card in my opinion.
whardin19
1/25/09 12:57:21PM
Tito was horrible and was annoying me the whole show. But wasn't as bad as that backstage announcer that had the weird voice. It sounded like he was using one of those throat things that people that had lung cancer uses. He sucked his voice annoyed me and he kept making weird faces that were scaring me...lol.
JoeySteel
1/25/09 1:11:19PM
let me add to that the camera work was CRAZY! Bumping fighters many times, and poor angles.
ThePitbull1
1/25/09 2:05:33PM
Did u all know that Vitor is 131 years old? pretty old for a world class fighter! I bet Dana was watching and laughing his ass off.. I hope tito doesnt get broadcasting duties anymore
mmadb
1/25/09 5:33:30PM
I'm pretty sure Tito didn't once pronounce Sidelnikov correctly. He was constantly screwing up words, Brock Lesnar may as well have being doing it.
breakdown5
1/25/09 5:37:22PM

Posted by JoeySteel

let me add to that the camera work was CRAZY! Bumping fighters many times, and poor angles.

I noticed that a lot as well. It was kinda of annoying. It looked like Soko ran head first into the lens during that fight.
jiujitsufreak74
1/25/09 6:27:09PM
worst...commentating...ever...
cowcatcher
1/25/09 7:46:24PM
tito was terrible between things like saying "feador", to "hes one of the best 205ers of tonight". between him, farrell, and zito i just was bitching the whole time the fights were on, it made me seriously mad. two great things though: tito said something this past week about the ufc not letting him call matches, and blaming it on the rift between him and dana, i think not tito, you just suck and they knew you would and, the fact that he said he was doing it for free as a favor to attencio, im thinking tito owes affliction some cash after that.
urbman
1/27/09 2:31:03PM
One can just imagine the intelligent dialogue that goes on between him and Jenna around the dinner table each evening.