Tito Ortiz gone from UFC

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Tito Ortiz gone from UFC
cmill21
2/19/08 6:10:21PM
Link

Take it for what it's worth.
ThaAxeMurderer7
2/19/08 6:16:58PM
I really think Tito is gonna underestimate Machida. He mentioned EliteXC so you know what that means. Tito did talk trash about Kimbo on that ESPN special on Kimbo....

Things are about to get interesting! Who's side are you on?

jiujitsufreak74
2/19/08 6:26:23PM
who is going to be his opponent? i heard machida will be off, and since he has no plans on returning then i don't get who the UFC will put him up against. either way, the UFC will hope he loses so to diminish his moniker on his way out. i say put him up against wanderlei silva so wandy gets his rematch. i know that if tito wins it would be bad for both the UFC and wandy, but if wandy wins he gets a chance to redeem a loss and do the UFC a favor in beating tito. this whole situation is a mess, i hope the UFC can hold on to the rest of its fighters.
tuvok500
2/19/08 6:45:04PM
I like Tito and i like Dana, so i am in the middle here.

Tito definitely see himself as a god witch is funny because if he is a god what Chuck Liddell is ?? the father of God !! lol

Dana is right about how Tito is, i mean Tito is never happy with anything, no matter how you promote him, how you help him to comeback, he is always complaining.

Funny that Tito forget that he have signed a contract and agreed about a salary when he said that he should be paid like a god !!

If Tito lose against Machida he will go somewhere else when he can beat low level competition but i am sure that he will never get paid as much as he would like and he will complain like always no matter witch president is his boss !!

The reporter is totally wrong about CC, the guy did not leave , it is the UFC who used a clause in his contract to drop his salary, and CC decided to go rebuilt his confidence elsewhere against low level fighters before eventually coming back to redeem himself in the octogon .

I would love to see how much Tito will indeed make in another organization ??
Because last time i checked, no matter how many associate you are to do an event, the revenue are always coming for the PPV ( if they are on PPV ) and the live gate ( Elite/XC was having a huge 6000 peoples live gate to see Kimbo ) !!
Some sponsors can help but only the UFC have big sponsoring ( Harley Davidson )
So, if you agree to pay you fighters more than the UFC ( nothing sure here ) but you have only 1/3 of the gate that the UFC have and let's say 30% of the PPV buy that the UFC have , how can you think that you are able to compete against the UFC without having to burn you own cash to avoid the deficit ?? !!

wapttn
2/19/08 6:45:49PM
latest reports say that babalu is full of shit and the tito/machida fight is still on. I think that tito wanted rashad cause it's an easier fight that he can win, and if he goes out on a win then his value remains where it is.. or goes a bit higher. If he exits on a loss.. then his value goes down, but his value would go down if he refused to fight a top10 as well. Tito still has huge marketability because of how little mainstream fans know about the lhw division so I would suspect that the fertitta brothers will make some moves and attempt to keep him around. Tito's value is three-fold, hes great at selling ppvs, if healthy, he's a top10, and its one less fighter that competing organizations can use to steal ppv buys away from the ufc.

The ufc needs to find a way to keep their fighters happy, maybe go public but have all their shares tied up with the fighters or something, but bottom line is they want more money and sooner or later, the ufc is gonna have to find a way to give it to them. The hardcore fighters who love to fight are here because this is where the top competition is... but if half the talent leaves because they're getting more money else where, the guys who want to fight top compeition are out of reasons to stay with the ufc.
Sir_Karl
2/19/08 6:51:46PM
Between the stupid video commercial and the silly lead in.....I had to turn it.
I can't do anything about Tito leaving or not leaving the UFC....so it's no concern to me. I will wait and see what happens.
Tito vs. Lyoto should be a good match though.
I have said it before and I will say it again....Tito could be in some serious trouble against Machida.
And I have said this before as well...."we" as fans are far too involved with the inner workings of our favorite sports and entertainment stars.
It's not really our business...nor can we do anything about it.
Don't we have enough to worry about in our own lives?
Contracts, steroids, name calling, he said she said.
Blah, blah and blah.
d_block07
2/19/08 6:58:13PM
two words: Mark Cuban
tuvok500
2/19/08 7:02:46PM

Posted by wapttn

latest reports say that babalu is full of shit and the tito/machida fight is still on. I think that tito wanted rashad cause it's an easier fight that he can win, and if he goes out on a win then his value remains where it is.. or goes a bit higher. If he exits on a loss.. then his value goes down, but his value would go down if he refused to fight a top10 as well. Tito still has huge marketability because of how little mainstream fans know about the lhw division so I would suspect that the fertitta brothers will make some moves and attempt to keep him around. Tito's value is three-fold, hes great at selling ppvs, if healthy, he's a top10, and its one less fighter that competing organizations can use to steal ppv buys away from the ufc.

The ufc needs to find a way to keep their fighters happy, maybe go public but have all their shares tied up with the fighters or something, but bottom line is they want more money and sooner or later, the ufc is gonna have to find a way to give it to them. The hardcore fighters who love to fight are here because this is where the top competition is... but if half the talent leaves because they're getting more money else where, the guys who want to fight top compeition are out of reasons to stay with the ufc.

Can you show me your " half of talent " who are going to leave or have left the UFC ?? well, because half of talent is half of top 10 guys in every division !! witch make around 25 top 10 guys !!

Because if you talk about CC the guy is not able to beat anybody in the UFC.
If you talk about Tito, the guy is really not on the edge of becoming a champ in the UFC , well even if i would like to see him champ again.
If you talk about Fedor, well look at who he have fought since 2 years and you will understand that the guy is not serious.
I don't see any LW, WW, MW, speaking about leaving, even Okami have signed a new deal with the UFC, i am sure he was aware of DREAM !!

Only 1 guy is talking about living in the LHW and he is more fired than living by his own ( Tito ).

The only Rumors fighters who are still in the big list of going elsewhere are Couture for 1 fight only and after that he will retired, AA who have never really said that he was living, it is just Internet speculation base on RELIABLE source as Babalu !!

Sylvia never said he wanted to leave the UFC, he wrote it on his blog to rectify the false interpretation of some peoples.

And to talk about the salary , well the UFC Bonus is bigger than 95% of every others organization are giving to their full line-up.

Aaronno9
2/19/08 7:05:14PM
Meh. the only reason i want tito to stay is to hopfully watch him get K.O'd. Hes never going to be a threat in the ufc lhw division.

On a side note, i wounder if they air is fight with machida taking into acount theyve put arlovski on the undercard for his next fight. I suppose the fact hes fighting machida might be a saving grace in that department becouse they cant really put him on an undercard.
EpicTerran
2/19/08 7:07:00PM
I dont take either side , Dana and Tito have proved they are both trashtalking dicks , and im sure they both did their fair share of wrongdoing over the years , its just a bunch of shit-talking no professional facts or opinions , which shows neither of them have handled their issues over the years like adults , Tito you were great once but you are not the old Tito anymore , Dana youve done a lot for MMA but you could do a hell of a lot more if you werent so stubborn , why else is there so many top-ranked fighters still not with the UFC ? Because they dont fall into Dana Whites top 10 rankings
Daddyprimetime
2/19/08 7:28:04PM
I'm not a Tito fan but I respect him as a fighter, but if he really loved fighting and his heart is in it 100% and he truly beleives he is one of the best in the world then he should stay in the UFC and try to prove it. I don't care how much he hates Dana he would stay in the UFC and fight the top fighters if he truly thought he was one of the best.
CrackerFace85
2/19/08 7:34:41PM
there both crazy Tito is a PPV dream and the UFC is the Dominate male in a room full of retarded apes. Can Tito ever get the title again hell no. but the hype he puts on a fight is priceless even to thoughs who hate him.

where do yall think he will go. can these other companies give him more than what the UFC is?
bezun
2/19/08 7:58:40PM
Feed him to wandy. Wandy by axe in the back!
Ordep
2/19/08 8:10:24PM
My Conclusions.....
>>>MY OPINION<<<<<<

If Tito leaves the UFC loses ...

When he said "all the organizations together..." he's got a good point there...
if that ever happen UFC will have two options... join the union or start doing some amazing business moves.... if not it can fall easily.... why ? ...

If all the companies get together it will turn out into something ___LIKE___ the boxing environment, where the sponsorships are better and the fighters get more money thus all fighters will want to go "independent" so they'll be hire on shorter terms (maybe 1 or 2 fights?) and they'll make more money.... keep in mind that I'm talking about the FUTURE, right now UFC is at the top, and for this to happens that "union" will need some big names to start with... Tito sounds like one of these, like it or not the guy sells and got a lot of fans, Fedor is another, fighting cans or not, 3 years w/o top competition, have your own opinion about him, the truth is that everybody will follow him in this move. RIGHT NOW (present) a lot of top fighters are in the UFC but if this happens I bet a lot of them will finish their contract and go where the $$$ is, so I won't be surprised if the UFC start making some contract agreements (e.g. won 3/4 contract fight = mandatory signing for 2 more, won the belt= auto 3 fight contract, or whatever).

Once again.... this is my opinion on the future if that happens, I'm not telling this is what will happen.

>>>MY OPINION<<<<
Cobbs666
2/19/08 8:43:58PM
$10-15 million a fight
roger
2/19/08 9:27:53PM
me personaly i hate tito he is a shit talker and does not need to fight cause of his i will be happy to never see him in the UFC
ThaAxeMurderer7
2/19/08 9:43:10PM
How does this sound.....Tito vs. Fedor for New Years Eve 2008!
Kpro
2/19/08 9:54:59PM

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

I believe their weight is too close for Fedor's representation to take the fight.
cmill21
2/19/08 10:01:00PM

Posted by Kpro

I believe their weight is too close for Fedor's representation to take the fight.

Yeah he likes people who outweigh him by 135lbs...
ChokeUout
2/20/08 12:51:06AM

I personally would love to see it...

But in reality, They both have reputations of being "selective" about who they fight. In fact, if they were both offered the fight, It'd be worth betting on to see who turns it down the fastest.

Early odds on that are pretty even:

Tito: -105
Fedor: -120

jae_1833
2/20/08 12:57:08AM
Screw contracts...just do a fight by fight basis until the fighter has the belt, at that time give him a 3 fight contract.
Tein_Lung
2/20/08 1:05:22AM
Tito is a bitch... he won't take a hard fight because he knows hes only a "good" fighter when fighting cans.... He got tolled by randy he got slaped around by Chuck twice, Forrest beat him (regardless of judges), and Rashad took him to a draw.... Tito wll struggles against anyone in the bottom half of the top 10, and will get schooled by everyone in the top half... Tito is a has been and thinks hes still a good fighter because of his false stardom (fighting cans) many years ago.... He can sell tickets becasue the uneducated MMA fans think hes a good fighter...
Canadian-Pain
2/20/08 1:19:49AM
Tito just has never evolved as a fighter and now he is outclassed by everyone he faces, his last few fights...meh

Rashad Evans Draw UFC 73: Had a point taken away in 2nd round for grabbing the fence, maybe i dont give evans top 10 ranking so he should have destroyed him and i dont think he did

Liddell TKO (Punches) UFC 66 - Liddell vs. Ortiz

Liddell owned him

2 fights against Shamrock before that ...would you put Ken in your top 25 even?

Split decisions before that vs Befort and Griffen...ok maybe some points but both have been less then dominate in there weight classes (Griffen losing to Jardine and Horn hurt where id put him) and Belfor just seems to be a stepping stone for Hendo, chuck, and Randy so he never seemed to be an A fighter (could have been, just never got there)

and Tito barely beat Cote as an alt

i think Tito is going to be in trouble and is going to loose, and i dont think he will ever get top dollar as he is truely a mid card fighter until he proves otherwise
GrandMaster313
2/21/08 3:52:51PM
you see where this is heading. Tito expects $10-15 Mill a fight!!!!!!!!!!!. I think if fighters start making that kind of money ill loose interest in MMA. Pretty soon we'll start hearing whinny little babies bitch about $$$$$$$$$$ like all the football ,Basketball and other athletes do.
D0wnUnd6e6r
2/21/08 4:36:01PM

Posted by d_block07

two words: Mark Cuban

got that right