Tito makes his case...how good is it?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Tito makes his case...how good is it?
jiujitsufreak74
5/4/08 10:32:34AM
"There are all sorts of holes and misleading statements in his argument, but it is worth hearing. The most laughable points are where he lies about paying 50% in taxes, as if he doesn't have typical high end deductions, and when he claims Dana White made 20+ million last year because he's a 10% owner. His breakdown on PPV revenues is also misleading.

I think Tito has a strong point, I don't see the need to lie about numbers like he does. Fighters obviously deserve to get more, the amount that was utterly wasted this year buying Pride and on the failed international expansion could have made many fighters very rich men. "

the above is a quote from Michael Rome at bloodyelbow.com. i have to agree with him on this issue as Tito actually does have a point,, but he dilutes it with unnecessary false facts. i think Tito should at this point shut up and focus on Machida; God knows he has to. i think Tito is just using this fight as more time in the spot light to get his points across, i just hope he comes out in good shape for the fight and proves me wrong. i miss the Tito of old and am getting extremely tired of his antics. my advice to Tito: shut up and fight.

LINK to excerpt

LINK to Tito's comments
juanez13
5/4/08 10:36:31AM
That was Perfect
bullettdodger
5/4/08 1:43:05PM
nail on the head jitsfreak... they should have an emoticon of that, a hammer nailing a nail... but i digress
throwmeahotone
5/4/08 1:59:59PM
jiujitsufreak74
5/4/08 2:38:44PM

Posted by juanez13

That was Perfect

Posted by bullettdodger

nail on the head jitsfreak... they should have an emoticon of that, a hammer nailing a nail... but i digress

what can i say i'm a pro
Kracker_Jap
5/4/08 2:46:59PM
Its not about the money.........
jiujitsufreak74
5/4/08 9:25:22PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Its not about the money.........

did you read the story from the link? it is different from the others.
Manfred
5/4/08 11:21:13PM
I heard Randy in a radio show talking about how all the PPV payouts combined for 2007 was $17 MIL and a top boxer makes more than that for one fight.

Again, he likely only used the lowest number given to the commission and didn't include bonuses or UFNs, but it's still pretty low when you compare the two.
jiujitsufreak74
5/4/08 11:53:08PM

Posted by Manfred

I heard Randy in a radio show talking about how all the PPV payouts combined for 2007 was $17 MIL and a top boxer makes more than that for one fight.

Again, he likely only used the lowest number given to the commission and didn't include bonuses or UFNs, but it's still pretty low when you compare the two.

yes i agree...btw, did u check the links? it is an interesting view of the story
Manfred
5/4/08 11:59:24PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by Manfred

yes i agree...btw, did u check the links? it is an interesting view of the story

Yeah, everyone needs to check out the links for sure!