tito makes amends with dana!! hint at coming back to ufc!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » tito makes amends with dana!! hint at coming back to ufc!!
Next Page »
prozacnation1978
7/17/09 1:06:25PM
looks like over the weekend thanks to lorenzo that tito finally called a druce with dana white for now, he wants to fight in the ufc instead of afflication and strikeforce,
and with no main event and opponent for ace franklin
tito i am predicting probably will sign very soon back with the ufc and fight rich at 103 in dallas
bojangalz
7/17/09 1:07:57PM
*Yawn*
DCRage
7/17/09 1:09:34PM
This Week's Sign Of The Apocalypse...oh, wait, this couldn't have come from SI.
Twenty20Dollars
7/17/09 1:22:00PM
Affliction, Strikeforce, UFC, Ortiz still doesnt beat the contenders or bring anything new to his game. Long lay off, injuries.

I wonder if ortiz will get tha record breaking contract.
emfleek
7/17/09 1:22:28PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

looks like over the weekend thanks to lorenzo that tito finally called a druce with dana white for now, he wants to fight in the ufc instead of afflication and strikeforce,
tito i am predicting probably will sign very soon back with the ufc and fight rich at 103 in dallas

Source?

Irish_Pride
7/17/09 1:23:25PM
Wow, I thought Tito and Dana would never make up. It's just a matter of time though after he signs, him and dana will get into another argument, then he is going to be out of the UFC once again.
emfleek
7/17/09 1:26:48PM
Nevermind...I found the source.

LINK

“I’m very thankful for Lorenzo and Frank Fertitta from the UFC and I’m glad that me and Dana (White) kind of got to brush each other off. We may not still like each other or whatever but we came to amends — which is awesome. I gotta thank Strikeforce for giving me an opportunity and I want to thank Affliction for giving me an opportunity.”

–Former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion and current Zuffa exile Tito Ortiz tells TapouT Radio that while he still won’t be exchanging Christmas cards with the UFC President, he and Dana White have patched things up after many years of back-and-forth squabbling. “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy” has always had a amicable relationship with the Fertittas — is it possible that Lorenzo flew to Huntington Beach to reclaim the surgically repaired 205-pound star like his did last month with Mirko Cro Cop? And with UFC 103 still needing an opponent for rumored headliner Rich “Ace” Franklin, could they shock the world of MMA by pairing him up with a new and improved Ortiz? Opinions please.
zephead
7/17/09 1:50:18PM

What's a druce? Is that a combination of dropping a duece on each other and then calling a truce?
Kpro
7/17/09 1:52:33PM

Posted by zephead

What's a druce? Is that a combination of dropping a duece on each other and then calling a truce?

I think there's a website that shows it. 2guys1druce.com
zephead
7/17/09 1:59:08PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by zephead

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
emfleek
7/17/09 2:01:56PM

Posted by Kpro

Sorry, as a mod, consider this an official warning...

This is not a free-for-all to buy and sell MMA paraphernalia, gear, and DVD's, nor is this the place to promote your MMA game, blog, website, or anything else.

zephead
7/17/09 2:04:18PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Kpro

This is not a free-for-all to buy and sell MMA paraphernalia, gear, and DVD's, nor is this the place to promote your MMA game, blog, website, or anything else.

SNAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DCRage
7/17/09 2:09:06PM
Breaking News: This just in from hell-ICE! It is freezing over before their very eyes!
postman
7/17/09 2:20:18PM

Posted by DCRage

Breaking News: This just in from hell-ICE! It is freezing over before their very eyes!

If the Eagles can reunite why not Dana and Tito?
BarryScott
7/17/09 3:06:01PM
Tito did say the UFC was a possibility but it was pretty obvious by the way he was speaking that it wasn't very likely, he seemed more certain on fighting for Strikeforce or Affliction.
Nightmare27
7/17/09 3:31:15PM
He'll never be the champ again but there are still a few matchups that could happen. Im sure both Forrest and Rashad wouldnt mind getting a rematch against Tito. Call him what you want, he is entertaining.
Rush
7/17/09 3:45:01PM

Posted by bojangalz

*Yawn*

My thoughts exactly. Tito is filled with so much hot air, I don't take anythign he says seriously. Even if it were true, I don't think he has what it takes to be a top 10 fighter
pinoymixplaya
7/17/09 4:57:24PM
I would like to see Tito face against Rich Franklin at 103 seeing as how that would sell and it would fill an empty main event slot.

Also I would like to add that a lot of people were saying that Tito is irrelevant and Machida destroyed him, but Machida tooled Rashad Evans much worse than he did Tito, but he is still relevant too isn’t he? And Tito is claiming that he hasn’t been 100% until now after his surgery so maybe this will be the second arrival of a newly established Tito Ortiz.
Kpro
7/17/09 5:22:04PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Kpro

My face isn't shown in the video on the site.

Only my naked body from the neck down.

How did you recognize me ?
MMA_Alex
7/17/09 5:26:14PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Kpro

The other guy was wearing a HMC mask...
zephead
7/17/09 5:42:12PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Kpro

Your azz dimples
slapshot
7/17/09 5:55:25PM
So fans waiting for Fador ended up with Tito...

Posted by Rush

Posted by bojangalz

*Yawn*

My thoughts exactly. Tito is filled with so much hot air, I don't take anythign he says seriously. Even if it were true, I don't think he has what it takes to be a top 10 fighter

He's a underrated fighter by people that dont like him, he however faired much better ageist Lyoto Machida than most and was about a hair from submitting him. I think If he is healthy he will be right back in the top ten with ease.
SpiderSilva
7/17/09 6:18:11PM
I am no longer a fan of tito but this did make me think that if he did those rematches with forrest and rashad and WON both he would be in the title mix all it would take is 2 quality win for him to get there
Rush
7/17/09 6:43:43PM

Posted by slapshot

He's a underrated fighter by people that dont like him, he however faired much better ageist Lyoto Machida than most and was about a hair from submitting him. I think If he is healthy he will be right back in the top ten with ease.

So you discredit anyone's critical assessment of Tito by accusing them of being negatively biased because they don't like him, but you turn around and credit him by saying he ALMOST caught a guy in a sub.? *edit* I want to clarify that it was the fact that Tito was not doing well the whole fight. Just because he almost got Machida in a sub means little in the grand scheme of things (IMO).

Putting Tito's early title run in the UFC aside, his boxing and takedowns are too predictable to be a genuine threat to any top fighter at LHW. His ground and pound is only relevant if he can take a guy down and keep him there.

Of all top 10 LHW fighters listed on this site, I think Tito losing to at least 8 of them is an almost sure thing. There are a few fighters not in the top ten that he would likely lose to as well (Chuck being one of them).

I don't think Tito's exit from the UFC had much to do with his and Dana's relationship, but rather that he wasn't doing well and wanted more money than what he was considered to be worth.
slapshot
7/17/09 7:35:45PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by slapshot

So you discredit anyone's critical assessment of Tito by accusing them of being negatively biased because they don't like him, but you turn around and credit him by saying he ALMOST caught a guy in a sub.?

Putting Tito's early title run in the UFC aside, his boxing and takedowns are too predictable to be a genuine threat to any top fighter at LHW. His ground and pound is only relevant if he can take a guy down and keep him there.

Of all top 10 LHW fighters listed on this site, I think Tito losing to at least 8 of them is an almost sure thing. There are a few fighters not in the top ten that he would likely lose to as well (Chuck being one of them).

I don't think Tito's exit from the UFC had much to do with his and Dana's relationship, but rather that he wasn't doing well and wanted more money than what he was considered to be worth.

I dont know are you negatively biased? You said he would not even make it back into the top ten then stated he would lose to 8 of the top 10 that still puts him at 9 by you're own account.

He didn't almost catch him in a sub he had him in tight triangle choke, thats not a speculation its a fact and Machida himself thought he was going to go out (as he stated in the post fight interview) somehow he slipped out of it but it was very close. His striking was also very improved in that fight and considering who he was fighting its impressive to me looking back on it now.

Chuck is not the same fighter Tito fought before and if that fight happened Id take Tito.

I dont know if he will ever score a title shot again but I do know that a healthy Tito is clearly worthy of top ten fighter consideration and yes I do think one would need to be bias to disagree.
Rush
7/17/09 9:47:43PM
No I am not biased at all. I don't like the guy, but that doesn't influence my decision. I don't care for Florian, but I do think he is the most improved TUF fighter and one of the best in the LW division, but I digress.

Regarding ranking him at 9. I may not have been totally clear in my post so I will clarify. I said 8 of the 10 I would be sure they would beat. The other two Forrest and Jardine, I still think have a good chance to win. All in all, I don't think Tito has the tools to be anything but a gatekeeper. Like Hughes (IMO) he just hasn't developed his game and is too predictable.
prozacnation1978
7/18/09 1:49:56AM
just watch tito will sign with ufc, he loves the crowd, the exposure that he won't find any where else, he won't get tito dollars but he still is a major draw to fans
Kpro
7/18/09 1:59:21AM
Write into his contract that he gets a huge percentage of pay per view buys and then only schedule him for SPIKE's TUF Finale's and Ultimate Fight Night cards.

Problem solved.
hippysmacker
7/18/09 5:35:49AM
I have no wish to see Tito. If I were the UFC I wouldn't sign him.
bojangalz
7/18/09 9:29:29AM

Posted by hippysmacker

I have no wish to see Tito. If I were the UFC I wouldn't sign him.

It think it's easy to forget that the UFC is an Entertainment company first. They are the largest vehicle for bringing the sport of MMA to the masses. but their main goal as an organization is to make a profit. The fact of the matter is, Tito is still, and will likely remain one of the biggest draws in MMA's short history.

His fan base is too large-spread over cross sections of sports fandom to be considered a niche group. He has trancended the sport in the way he sells a fight and is one of the most recognizable fighters of all time. Regardless of the fact that most hardcore fans consider him a washed-up loudmouth he sells PPV's and brings in money for whatever organization he's employed by.

It's a simple matter of economics for ZUFFA. This guy brings in money and ZUFFA are in the money making business.

That's really where the discussion begins and ends folks.
Pages: [1] 2