tito vs machida

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » tito vs machida
Next Page »
keith-hackney1
3/13/08 2:30:28PM
Who and why will win ??

Im picking machida by tko, the reason is because he's fought loads in the last two years, tito has had a long break since his fight with evans. Tito has looked his worst in his last few fights narrowly beating guys like forest and evans. He tko'd an old man in shamrock, but other than that, i dont see that he has anything to be of a threat to an up and coming star like machida.
Machida, ever improving and just taken out a very tough fighter in sokodu, i see his style very unique and hard to train for, i cant see even the powerful wrestlers being able to control machida or school him on the canvas. The ghost that machida appears to be will rein over ortiz, then maybe a title shot will soon be in the picture for machida.

Any thoughts ???

cheers guys...
billycarnage
3/13/08 2:34:00PM
I got Machida winning this too. But I think it will be another decision (UD). I would love to see a TKO and Lyoto is totally capable.
bullettdodger
3/13/08 2:37:02PM
Agree, Machida by UD, i think Tito will be able to last, as Machida really hasn't shown that KO power... I think Machida deserves a Title shot, next... unless Jardine beats Wandy, then i think Jardine and then Machida, let Chuck play 3rd or 4th banana... hes had his time, no reason to fast track him to a title shot after evans (if he wins... which i think he will)
tuvok500
3/13/08 2:58:39PM
I go with Tito !!

Tito by UD or rd 1 TKO if some good elbows are landing !!

coldchillin
3/13/08 3:18:17PM
I have to go with Machida as well via third round stoppage or a very lopsided decision. Don't get it twisted though, Forrest and Evans would lose in similar fashion to Machida, too.
Twenty20Dollars
3/13/08 3:29:29PM
Im actually picking tito to win for once hah, I think he's going to just destroy machida and leave the UFC on a good note to build up his rep. and UFC wish they would have kept him.

Tito! then goes to eliteXC to rematch Frank Shamrock
keith-hackney1
3/13/08 3:57:26PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Im actually picking tito to win for once hah, I think he's going to just destroy machida and leave the UFC on a good note to build up his rep. and UFC wish they would have kept him.

good call, after machida fight i see him facing shamrock in the long awaited rematch. But i think he will leave the ufc with a loss. Then again, if he was to beat machida, i would bet on dana white re-negotiating with ortiz to stay.
waylon_o
3/13/08 4:19:58PM
I'm betting on Machida, but I think that no matter if Tito wins or loses, he goes crazy in his post-fight interview and bad mouths Dana and the UFC hardcore
seanfu
3/13/08 4:51:21PM
Machida rocks Tito every round with counters and Tito is able to take Machida down every round.

Tito's takedowns come late and he isn't able to do much. He just barely grinds out the first two rounds.

Machida gets tired the 3ed round and Tito takes him down and ineffectively tees off to win the 3ed decisively.

UD to Tito in a controversial decision.
prozacnation1978
3/13/08 4:59:55PM
i see tito heading to exelite, strikeforce, he will fight shamrock then maybe fight kimbo slice, it will be sad to see him go, but i see him losing his last ufc match to machida, if dana ever does leave or gets fired from the ufc i do see a return in the future to the ufc
LuketheDuke
3/13/08 5:07:16PM
Machida.
waylon_o
3/13/08 5:35:05PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i see tito heading to exelite, strikeforce, he will fight shamrock then maybe fight kimbo slice, it will be sad to see him go, but i see him losing his last ufc match to machida, if dana ever does leave or gets fired from the ufc i do see a return in the future to the ufc

I can't see Tito ever coming back if he leaves. His days are numbered as a top professional fighter. I imagine he will fight Shamrock and Kimbo and be done with it all here in a year or two.
whardin19
3/13/08 5:45:41PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

You must be insane! Tito hasn't showed he was intrested in fighting for a long while. He's more intrested in being a reality TV star. Machida should and will destroy Tito. But then again he could suprise me and actually show he still wants to be a fighter. Either way I don't see him winning though.
Pookie
3/13/08 5:59:48PM
Machida, his footwork is leaps and bounds better than tito, and machida's stance makes it very hard to get a double leg takedown.

Plus you can count on the fact that tito is going to gas in the third round. Always does, Always will.
mkiv9secsupra
3/13/08 6:03:28PM
For me its less of a question of who will win but how many elbows to the forehead Machida can take before the ref says its over....

Im picking Tito by TKO but it will probably end up being a UD.
billycarnage
3/13/08 6:34:50PM
Pookie nailed it!
Machida is such an intelligent fighter and he's proven on many occasions that he can go 3 rounds.
NatedawgThaM
3/13/08 7:43:22PM
I'm kind of stuck here. I've never seen Machida's takedown defense so I cant really say it's good or bad. On the feet he'll win definitely but Tito always finds a way to work him gameplan by getting you down some how and GNPing.

I'm probably going to be switching bad and forth for the next few months, But I'll go with Tito for now since he's fought great competition and Machida has yet to impress me since he hasn't fought anybody elite.
TimW001
3/13/08 7:47:34PM
I got Machida via Dec. But I'm also starting to think it may become a 3rd RD Sub.
Twenty20Dollars
3/13/08 8:53:00PM

Posted by waylon_o

I'm betting on Machida, but I think that no matter if Tito wins or loses, he goes crazy in his post-fight interview and bad mouths Dana and the UFC hardcore

after the fight tito wont have a post fight interview just like andrei arlovski didnt have one because he contract was up.
telnights
3/14/08 12:51:38AM
Machida by UD. I dont think Titos head is in to this and I dont think he has the heart for fighting anymore. I think he is more worried about being on TV and money than he is winning.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
3/14/08 11:09:11PM
the only way tito wins this is a lay n pray unanimous decision. There are many ways machida can win this. My guess is he will KTFO tito. ala machida vs rich franklin.

my question for you guys is........ other then george saint pierre and lyoto machida, who has a kyoshin karate black belt and a ju jitsu black belt that competes in MMA? ( i know george has a brown belt but he's close to getting his black)
keith-hackney1
3/15/08 10:11:05AM
I believe that sokodu is a great up and coming dangerous fighter. Although he had his few loses, you dont ko arona and rogerio in round one by chance, he obviously stepped his game up, that and training with dan henderson. Machida is a fighter that is very traditional sticking to his bread and butter style in every fight. I have never seen a fighter like machida who is able to impose his style on any other mma fighter and become victorious. Tito certainly hasnt fought somebody of machida's calibre. I would favour machida over chuck liddell or rampage purely on the basis that machida's style has yet to be floored for weakness. I believe that we are looking at the next lhw champ in the road to his title. War machida !!!!!!

saemskin
3/15/08 12:11:20PM
That's a bold prediction sir...
After his fight with Tito, maybe that would be a better time to say that. He only has 1 bought in the UFC so far, correct? I you-tubed him and he is talented no doubt at all, but storming though the LHW division, I dont know about that one.
keith-hackney1
3/15/08 2:41:43PM

Posted by saemskin

That's a bold prediction sir...
After his fight with Tito, maybe that would be a better time to say that. He only has 1 bought in the UFC so far, correct? I you-tubed him and he is talented no doubt at all, but storming though the LHW division, I dont know about that one.

Machida is 4-0 in the ufc right now. I dont think many fighters in the ufc practise "chi" as a main ingredient of their training, by chi, i mean the energy that focuses your mind into believing that you are the best. I bet machida from his back round in martial arts and the way he fights uses this technique which i believe plays a huge part as to why he's like a ghost in the octagon. He will be a ufc champ, at 12-0 with w's over rich franklin, bj penn and sokodu, he's the most impressive up and comer out of all the divisions in the run up to the title. Im calling early, sure, but its how i see it, tito is the next to fall at the hands of machida.
teddythetuna
3/15/08 6:27:26PM
i agree. Machida will be lhw champ in the near future. he is very elusive and such a great defensive fighter. He always has a game plan and sticks with it.
Franklinfan47
3/15/08 7:33:40PM
Machida takes this by a decision. Bye-bye Tito!
saemskin
3/16/08 2:06:03AM

Posted by keith-hackney1
Machida is 4-0 in the ufc right now. I dont think many fighters in the ufc practise "chi" as a main ingredient of their training, by chi, i mean the energy that focuses your mind into believing that you are the best. I bet machida from his back round in martial arts and the way he fights uses this technique which i believe plays a huge part as to why he's like a ghost in the octagon. He will be a ufc champ, at 12-0 with w's over rich franklin, bj penn and sokodu, he's the most impressive up and comer out of all the divisions in the run up to the title. Im calling early, sure, but its how i see it, tito is the next to fall at the hands of machida.

Were they untelevised undercards? I really dont remember seeing ANY of those fights.
mkiv9secsupra
3/16/08 9:42:57AM

Posted by saemskin

Posted by keith-hackney1

Were they untelevised undercards? I really dont remember seeing ANY of those fights.

no it was quite a few years ago. When they werent nearly as good as they are today.
keith-hackney1
3/16/08 2:16:13PM

Ufc record for machida ...

Win Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou Submission
UFC 79 - Nemesis-12/29/2007 2 4:20

Win Kazuhiro Nakamura Decision (Unanimous)
UFC 76 - Knockout -9/22/2007 3 5:00

Win David Heath Decision (Unanimous)
UFC 70 - Nations Collide 4/21/2007 3 5:00

Win Sam Hoger Decision (Unanimous)
UFC 67 - All or Nothing 2/3/2007 3 5:00
casey64
3/16/08 9:30:17PM
Machida
Pages: [1] 2