tito vs lyoto off????

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » tito vs lyoto off????
ricoj3323
2/16/08 9:39:50PM
I read on mmanews.com that babalu said tito is not going to fight machida now, so what happens next? I think this should set up a fight for tito vs. vitor belfort if vitor comes back. I have no clue who machida should fight now if the fight is off

what do you think of this situation??
juanez13
2/16/08 9:42:12PM
machida vs jardine

those are the match ups assuming liddell-shogun and rashad-thiago are official
BlazinSaddle
2/16/08 9:54:30PM
i knew tito was gonna wuss out
Rush
2/16/08 11:07:49PM
Did Tito call Machida up and tell him he was off the hook?
hails
2/16/08 11:23:29PM
Is this a joke?

I really hope this fight is not off.

We need to remember that tito has one fight left on his contract, then he will be gone from the UFC for good.

Did Dana cancel this fight to hang onto Tito a little longer, AA style?

Dastardly1
2/17/08 12:41:47AM
Machida is on a roll and Tito didn't want to go out on a loss.
bullettdodger
2/17/08 12:54:25AM
so....whose going to step up to fight machida? winner of lidell v rua? i know i just posted like the same thing on another thread but maybe it belongs in this thread more
thisbeme
2/17/08 12:54:45AM
hmm..Machida and Jardine would be interesting..though Evans would be a better natchup IMO
candynuts
2/17/08 1:17:02AM
I hope its not officially off, I wanna how he fights against a wrestler.
Dastardly1
2/17/08 1:17:52AM

Posted by thisbeme

hmm..Machida and Jardine would be interesting..though Evans would be a better natchup IMO

I dont think Machida / Jardine will happen. there ready to put Machidas record against a higher profile fighter,maybe Rich Franklin? he moving up in weight. Jardine presents 2 possible rematches against Big name guys at 205 as long as both don't lose.
Styles
2/17/08 2:23:37AM
I would be glad if this fight didn't happen. I dont think its a very good match-up at all. I would like to see Tito against Wandy
MMAcca
2/17/08 9:27:41AM
Anyone have a source for this ?

I haven't seen this rumoured anywhere
kevietre
2/17/08 9:40:35AM
I think Evans, Machida, Silva, and Tito would all beat Jardine. They would easily ground and pound him. I think Tito should fight Wanderlei or Soko.
whardin19
2/17/08 11:05:27AM
Wow! I'm really dissapointed now. I was looking forward to this fight. I wanted to see if Tito still had anything left and wanted to see Lyoto fight again that guy is entertaining. Hopefully this is a rumor and the fight is still on.
prozacnation1978
2/17/08 11:05:40AM
jardine and silva are fighting in may don't know if it is against eachother or what but if it is off machida might fight one of those guys, remember soku needs to fight soon as well he might fight one of them, i doubt the fight is off but you never know, belfort might fight there are some possibilities
Playground_Samurai
2/17/08 1:30:02PM
I don't wanna rush to judgement since this is not official yet but, wtf? I wont mind it as much if Tito wants to let Wandy or Vitor have a rematch or fights a different top fighter, but if he is ducking Machida because he is scared and wants a can i'll have lost what little respect I have left for him. He'll never reach the top spot again by ducking top opponents, and it's like what Yves Edwards said after his fight last night. If your not in the fight game to be a champion, you need to find a new occupation. And I say, if your afraid to fight you should find a new occupation.
Gipper
2/17/08 2:15:15PM
THIAGO SILVA
nwowolfpack
2/17/08 4:29:36PM

Posted by MMAcca

Anyone have a source for this ?

I haven't seen this rumoured anywhere

Babalu
Porch28
2/17/08 6:30:29PM

Posted by ricoj3323

I read on mmanews.com that babalu said tito is not going to fight machida now, so what happens next? I think this should set up a fight for tito vs. vitor belfort if vitor comes back. I have no clue who machida should fight now if the fight is off

http://www.mmanews.com/ufc/Babalu-Claims-Ortiz-Machida-Is-No-Longer-On-For-UFC-84.html
loonytnt
2/18/08 12:17:40AM
tito vs wandy imo
bezun
2/18/08 2:11:11PM

Posted by Porch28

Posted by ricoj3323

http://www.mmanews.com/ufc/Babalu-Claims-Ortiz-Machida-Is-No-Longer-On-For-UFC-84.html

I wouldnt quite call this a valid source. Babalu could have said anything but it may not be accurate
casey64
2/18/08 2:13:08PM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

i knew tito was gonna wuss out

Tein_Lung
2/19/08 1:48:58AM
Tito has always ducked top fighters... look at when he was champ he wouldn't fight anyone that could take his belt away, and even then he lost to Chuck and Randy, he never went up against any other top fighters... now hes got Machida a top lvl fighter and he pusses out again... typical Tito if its a fight he doesn't think he will easily win he won't do it
RMFG_187
2/19/08 11:47:02AM
Machida vs Jardine
Machida vs Wandy
Machida vs Winner of Thaigo Rashad

Tito vs Wandy II
Tito vs Houston
Tito vs Jardine

all of these fights would be amazing.
jocksmall
2/20/08 9:15:36PM
i think that tito doesnt want this fight because it is a dangerous fight for him (i personally believe he would lose) and its his last fight on his contract. tito is alot like frank shamrock these days, he only takes fights he thinks he will win for sure.