Tito vs Jardine and Karo vs Burkman UFC 71

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Tito vs Jardine and Karo vs Burkman UFC 71
www-WeLoan-us
3/5/07 10:10:55PM
Lets wait and see if this is final, but I am pretty sure it is
gspfan31
3/5/07 10:34:38PM
karo vs. burkman should be a good fight, still wanna see hughes fight karo though
ButterBalls
3/5/07 10:43:23PM
hopefully Tito can take this one, he needs a win badly.
Broknmunky
3/6/07 9:02:06AM
Tito over Jardine and why Hasn't Karo faced Hughes yet? It's long over due!
waylon_o
3/6/07 9:11:58AM
I'm a judo player, so naturally I'm a Karo fan. And man can he take a beating! He is one tough customer.
nickcuc547
3/6/07 10:45:39AM
burkman matches up well with karo, he is a strong dude, he is going to put up a great fight, ill still take karo but i think burkman will make it a war. Tito will handle jardine, probably win by decision. I havent seen jardine do much on the ground, how is he?
waylon_o
3/6/07 10:53:51AM

Posted by nickcuc547

burkman matches up well with karo, he is a strong dude, he is going to put up a great fight, ill still take karo but i think burkman will make it a war. Tito will handle jardine, probably win by decision. I havent seen jardine do much on the ground, how is he?

Karo's last 2 fights have been fantastic wars, even though he lost the fight to Diego. Great fight. As for Jardine on the ground, I have no clue, but he does train with Diego AND Rashad, so that speaks volumes in itself...
cowcatcher
3/6/07 10:55:32AM
jardine's bjj is ok, its gonna be tough on him if tito takes him down though, burkman and karo should be a war. i've been super impressed by burkman every time he's in the cage, but karo is a complete stud, will be a great match, but i have to lean towards karo just slightly
PITBULL2
3/6/07 4:04:55PM
Before the Jardine Griffin fight I would have said Tito in a heartbeat...but if anyone saw that fight...Jardine looked so strong and in shape.

I seriously had the biggest jaw drop when he just PUNISHED Griffin.
Berti
3/6/07 6:05:41PM
thats great matchups if it stands to be true
Stickan
3/6/07 6:24:18PM
Burkman - Karo kicks ass. Great match-up.

I think Karo will push Burkman as he's never been pushed before and Josh will probably gas in the third and get subbed. But it will be a war.

Not very interested in Tito - Jardine for some reason. I just don't enjoy watching Jardine fight.
hippysmacker
3/6/07 8:10:14PM
I really like these 2 fight's. Karo seems to be the welterqeight divisons title contention gatekeeper. If Burkman pulls this off, I think he will fight the loser of Diego/Koshcheck next. I think Karo takes it though. Tito/Jardine could go either way IMO. Probably similiar to the Forest fight . If Tito can take and keep him down he'll probably win. If not I say Jardine. I'm rooting for picking Jardine right now.I think I'll be able to get odds on Jardine and make some good wagers too.
jocksmall
3/6/07 9:46:42PM
love watching karo, i read that dana was angry at him for pulling out of a fight due to injury and that set him back as far as a title shot. i have never been a tito fan but he has some of the best groung and pound in the ufc and jardine doesnt want to be on his back. that could be bad combo for kieth.
Ydoc
3/6/07 10:59:23PM

Posted by hippysmacker
If Tito can take and keep him down he'll probably win. If not I say Jardine. I'm rooting for picking Jardine right now.I think I'll be able to get odds on Jardine and make some good wagers too.

Ditto. I think Tito has peaked as a fighter or at least everyone else caught up to where he is at... Jardine needs to train on getting up fast (like Liddel) which he is already decent at.

That Burkman/Karo fight sounds like a showstealer. I like Burkman a lot but gotta go with Karo. Man, if Burkman played TUF 2 smart I nkow he would have walked out of that as the winner, I just know it.
hippysmacker
3/7/07 4:44:09AM

Posted by Ydoc

Posted by hippysmacker
If Tito can take and keep him down he'll probably win. If not I say Jardine. I'm rooting for picking Jardine right now.I think I'll be able to get odds on Jardine and make some good wagers too.

Ditto. I think Tito has peaked as a fighter or at least everyone else caught up to where he is at... Jardine needs to train on getting up fast (like Liddel) which he is already decent at.

That Burkman/Karo fight sounds like a showstealer. I like Burkman a lot but gotta go with Karo. Man, if Burkman played TUF 2 smart I nkow he would have walked out of that as the winner, I just know it.

I tthink he would have got subbed by Stevenson in the final. That injury sucked though. Now that he has improved, it might be a different story. Anyway Burkman is a big WW, Srevenson always belonged at LW IMO.
fedorwins1
3/7/07 8:55:38AM

Posted by nickcuc547

Jardine is actually a JJ blackbelt, not a BJJ blackbelt tho just JJ.
MMA
3/7/07 9:01:17AM
If Parisyan gets by this fight, I cannot wait to see him vs. Jon Fitch.

War baby!