Who would you like to see Tito fight first?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who would you like to see Tito fight first?
Next Page »
Biggz
8/1/09 3:43:41PM
i just think giving him Coleman is a horrible idea. there is no way the hammer beats tito and IF that happens they should cut tito right after. I say at least give him some what of a test. He has been gone for like a year and a half so he will have some ring rust but still give him someone better than Coleman.
i say give him someone like Brandon Vera, Jon Jones, Jardine if he doesn't win or even a rematch with Forrest if silva beats him.

what do you think?
joshryanshepherd
8/1/09 3:56:05PM
well i know it doesnt mean much to the division. Tito needs a warm up because he is gonna have some serious ring rust. it would be like throwing Vick back in the NFL as the starting QB and his 1st game against the Steelers.

i say give him Coleman, the same way they fed mark to Shogun.

Let Vick's comeback game be against the detroit lions!
joshryanshepherd
8/1/09 3:56:49PM
double post
Mayhem13
8/1/09 4:17:47PM
Houston Alexander.

A fight Tito should win in dominant fashion, via takedown and ground and pound......but if he does lose, it will be a brutal one! That's for sure.
mkiv9secsupra
8/1/09 5:19:42PM
Coleman is going to be a joke for Tito. Tito can go 3 rounds any day of the week and Coleman can barely last one round in his prime. Tito is going to dominate Mark easily. It makes sense to me. The UFC wants Tito to get his swagger back and how better to do that than an opponent who he is, literally, better at EVERY aspect of mma than. Tito has better striking, grappling, cardio etc... Tito is going to embarrass Mark.. Also who else could tito face to build his name back up?
chickmagnet
8/1/09 5:22:41PM
Vera
spikerman19
8/1/09 5:40:35PM
Ortiz and Coleman is a rumored bout from ESPN's bottom line that would take place by the end of the year or early 2010
mshalosky
8/1/09 5:53:54PM
tito vs hamill
i think their friends from tuf but i still think its a good matchup
Khaos
8/1/09 6:51:13PM
I like the idea of him fighting Coleman. I say give him Coleman, then put him against some one better, like Luiz Cane.
IriShame
8/1/09 8:51:36PM
Ryan Bader.

For a couple of reasons.

One, I think they match up very well stylistically. Will Tito be able to take Bader down? Will Bader try to take the fight to the mat or will he choose to stand and strike with Tito? Does Ortiz still have what it takes to compete with an athlete of Baders level after back surgery and a year and a half layoff?

Two, it's a good fight for both fighters at this point in their respective careers. If Tito wins he answers all the questions about his health and potential ring rust and will automatically earn himself a fight with a legitmate big name contender. If Bader wins he notches the biggest win of his young career and instantly becomes himself a legitmate big name contender.

If Tito loses he's still Tito, people know him and like to watch him fight, winning or losing. It will make Bader "that guy that stomped Tito" to millions of casual MMA fans. If Bader loses, it will be shrugged off as a learning experience for a young fighter with huge potential.

No matter what the outcome, the real winner would be us because we'd get to watch a kick ass fight.
prozacnation1978
8/1/09 11:08:58PM
bonner or coleman but with bonner recent losses makes more sense of ground n pound tito vs the father of the ground n pound,
coleman vs tito would be a match i would like to see
Wolfenstein
8/1/09 11:39:27PM
The Iceman has been twittering that he wants to beat Tito down for a 3rd time.
Aaronno9
8/1/09 11:49:57PM
Ryan Bader or Brandon Vera would be nice. Both would be very competitive matches and show where the fighters stand in the division. Its not going to happen though, hes either going to get Bonnar, or Coleman. Somebody who the UFC knows he will destroy, then they can hype Tito vs Chuck 3. Where Tito gets KTFO. Again.
deezyo
8/2/09 12:08:58AM
luiz cane
lohmann
8/2/09 2:33:37AM
I think Coleman makes sense as his first fight since returning to the UFC. Ortiz needs a fight away from the upper tier so that he can return to form; matching him against a top-ten light heavyweight right away would be inexcusable matchmaking for not only the long layoff but for the undeserved opportunity.

Should Ortiz defeat Coleman, which he should, I'd like to see a rematch with Forrest Griffin, should Griffin lose to Anderson Silva. (If Forrest wins, he should be getting a title shot.) Both fighters are big draws, although Tito's probably lost a bit of that record-breaking power he once had, and Griffin has evolved from the first fight they had yet has not had to face a fighter that relies primarily on his wrestling. I'd be interested.
RNC
8/2/09 2:52:55AM

Posted by IriShame

Ryan Bader.

For a couple of reasons.

One, I think they match up very well stylistically. Will Tito be able to take Bader down? Will Bader try to take the fight to the mat or will he choose to stand and strike with Tito? Does Ortiz still have what it takes to compete with an athlete of Baders level after back surgery and a year and a half layoff?

Two, it's a good fight for both fighters at this point in their respective careers. If Tito wins he answers all the questions about his health and potential ring rust and will automatically earn himself a fight with a legitmate big name contender. If Bader wins he notches the biggest win of his young career and instantly becomes himself a legitmate big name contender.

If Tito loses he's still Tito, people know him and like to watch him fight, winning or losing. It will make Bader "that guy that stomped Tito" to millions of casual MMA fans. If Bader loses, it will be shrugged off as a learning experience for a young fighter with huge potential.

No matter what the outcome, the real winner would be us because we'd get to watch a kick ass fight.

Fantastic ******* idea. Ryan Bader is the perfect match up for Tito for all of the reasons you mentioned.
Violence108
8/2/09 12:43:44PM
I think Coleman would be a good fight for Tito to come back to, Mark coming off that win over Bonnar, and Tito comeing back to the UFC, i think it would be a very good fight, Everyone is counting Coleman out like they did against Bonnar and look what happend, but Tito is a better wrestler than Bonnar so i dont think that Coleman will take him down that easy if at all and i think that Tito could use this fight to show is stand up,he said he was working with Freddie Roach so i would like him to keep the fight on the feet , still anyone they give him Tito will make it a fight thats for sure, but i dont see that as a mainevent type fight, unless it was a fight night which wont happend because Tito is a huge PPV seller so why give up the numbers . Hopefully he will be on the end of the year card, which is looking pretty badass
Rashad Evan vs Rampage Jackson
Frank Mir vs. Chieck Kongo
Tito Ortiz vs . Mark Coleman - hopefully

WAR TITO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
quietriot85
8/2/09 3:05:30PM
Jon Jones. Tito would be a nice stepping stone for the future champ
RhythmAndStyle
8/3/09 12:35:18PM
i would say give him Matt Hamill...
chickmagnet
8/3/09 9:05:48PM

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

i would say give him Matt Hamill...

I would like to see Hamill win that one, I think he could too
Aleks_Smash
8/3/09 10:13:15PM
Ortiz vs Coleman makes really good sense. A 44 year old Mark Coleman is coming off a a 3rd round TKO from shogun rua and a decision victory over Stephan Bonnar. Tito is coming off a draw with rashad Evans and most recently a decision loss to Lyoto Machida. I see Tito finishing mark Coleman by TKO in the first round. If Mark wins somehow its by ref stoppage in the second round because tito just doesn't have it.

sometimes lives play out like movies. mark Coleman is trying to do some randy couture **** for a LHW title. and hes got to beat Tito get a step closer. Tito is making a comeback after a successful back surgery to prove hes the bad boy from back in the day.

i think its Titos time and mark Coleman's story ends with a huge upset at the biggest event of the UFC's history at UFC 100.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
prozacnation1978
8/3/09 11:15:47PM
why would tito fight in memphis when 3 weeks later is the big show in vegas,
tito wants vegas!!!
StorminYourman
8/3/09 11:23:54PM
I would not mind seeing Brandon Vera move up the rankings with a win over Tito
thunderstruck
8/4/09 10:17:44AM
i think chuck liddel would be a good rematch for tito to get a somewhat name opponent thats somewhat easily beatable these days plus give him revenge all at once . im sure chuck would love to fight him again . only thing is dana will more than likely not want this to happen . i know him and the iceman are good friends , but forcing a 40 year old liddel to retire cause hes too old is stupid when your pairing tito against a 45 year old coleman instead . other potential opponents i would like to see soon is a rematch with rashad /forrest and eventually if he beats those a rematch with machida . sure tito got outpointed badly , but he is the man who came the closest to finishing the dragon , so id be interested .
the_01
8/5/09 11:39:43PM
Having the fact that Tito is DRIED OUT via Jenna Jameson, with rusty joints due to lack of liquids in his body, I think Colman is perfect.
juggernautakira
8/6/09 10:33:59AM

Posted by thunderstruck

i think chuck liddel would be a good rematch for tito to get a somewhat name opponent thats somewhat easily beatable these days plus give him revenge all at once . im sure chuck would love to fight him again . only thing is dana will more than likely not want this to happen . i know him and the iceman are good friends , but forcing a 40 year old liddel to retire cause hes too old is stupid when your pairing tito against a 45 year old coleman instead . other potential opponents i would like to see soon is a rematch with rashad /forrest and eventually if he beats those a rematch with machida . sure tito got outpointed badly , but he is the man who came the closest to finishing the dragon , so id be interested .

I wouldnt be interested in seeing a Chuck vs. Tito fight whatsoever. Their last fights werent close. Now that Chuck has had devastating losses, is he liekly to lose? In other words, neither outcome would surprise me, so how exciting would it really be?
emfleek
8/6/09 10:36:55AM

Posted by juggernautakira

I wouldnt be interested in seeing a Chuck vs. Tito fight whatsoever. Their last fights werent close. Now that Chuck has had devastating losses, is he liekly to lose? In other words, neither outcome would surprise me, so how exciting would it really be?

Agreed 100%. That was probably the 5th or 6th time that I've read someone suggesting that a Chuck/Tito fight would be a good fight.

There should NEVER be a 3rd match between two guys UNLESS each fighter has beaten the other once (aka a "rubber match").
juggernautakira
8/6/09 12:42:09PM

Posted by emfleek

Agreed 100%. That was probably the 5th or 6th time that I've read someone suggesting that a Chuck/Tito fight would be a good fight.

There should NEVER be a 3rd match between two guys UNLESS each fighter has beaten the other once (aka a "rubber match").

Insert reminder of Rampage vs. Silva fight here. :)

Then again, THOSE fights werent one sided...err, until the KOs.
prozacnation1978
8/6/09 1:11:07PM
saw a interview on him
more humble than ever, said and welcomed fight with coleman,
no date yet but open to nov, dec or jan card
thunderstruck
8/8/09 12:47:36PM

Posted by emfleek

but tito vs vera is epic ? coleman ? come on guys ..seriously ..

i beg to differ . wand destroyed page there first two fights . when they announced a third (wand up 2-0 ) i was so excited i almost pissed myself . also worthy to note that page got one back from a guy who had 2 fight wins on him . i see this reasoning to be flawed personally .
Pages: [1] 2