tito and his last fight

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » tito and his last fight
POLL: tito and the ufc
they will give him a nice goodbye including highlight reel and mention from rogan or goldi 10% (3)
tito will try to make a big deal 90% (27)
MFOTHER
4/2/08 2:28:59PM
what will happen at titos last fight

i bet he thinks he deserves a nice send off as this is his last fight with the organization, but with his troubles with dana etc (past and present), i doubt they will let him talk much after the fight, or let goldie or rogan, comment too much about him leaving.
Also did he do enough, or get enough popularity/ recognition in UFC to be inducted to the hall of fame, or again problems with dana wont allow that to happen?

personally i think tito was a shot in the arm to mma and the ufc in his prime, bt that time is far over, and i am far from crying to see him leave. i dont think the ufc will mention much at the ppv, and he wont get the chance to say much b/c i picked machida to stop the fight.

i think as long as dana is with the ufc he wont be in the hall of fame......and tito is a business man, and will either be fighting for, promoting, or starting a new organization, which would be ufc competition, and dana would never allow bringing recognition to him while is involved with other organizations

i f'ed the poll, so just ignore it
Mchubb316
4/2/08 2:38:26PM
I don't think that they will do anything special for Tito. He is fighting a tough guy for his last fight, and I will probably pick Machida to win. I think there are two types of fans for Tito, they either can't stand him or they love him. Wherever he goes after this, he will bring in a lot of fans with him. I personally think Tito has done some work to change his perception of the fans to be more positive, and he was a good coach on the show. While Tito might not have to much of an impact on the LHW division in the UFC, he will be a boost for another organization.
waylon_o
4/2/08 3:49:30PM
Every other organization in the world will be beating down his door to sign him. Probably won't beat any top 10 competition these days, but he's definitely got star power.
seanfu
4/2/08 4:06:53PM
There might be mention but not much. Also for the hall of fame, he will definantly be part of it. H was one of the posterboys and stars that built the UFC ego and personal opinions aside.
skatenate
4/2/08 6:13:23PM
id like to see tito go out on a good note, hopefully a win. i think theyll let him say a bit but not much. And then id like to see him go to elite xc. and i think he might end up getting inducted a little while down the track.
hails
4/2/08 8:05:25PM
Look back at Tito's record and tell me when was the last time he finished someone other than Ken Shamrock?

Enough said.
TNunley
4/3/08 2:43:06PM

Posted by hails

Look back at Tito's record and tell me when was the last time he finished someone other than Ken Shamrock?

Enough said.

I don't think that is a strong argument against him being inducted into the hall of fame. Ken Shamrock is in the hall of fame, and he has lost the last 6 fights... you saying he shouldn't be in there too?
RMFG_187
4/3/08 9:04:06PM

Posted by TNunley

Posted by hails

Enough said.

I don't think that is a strong argument against him being inducted into the hall of fame. Ken Shamrock is in the hall of fame, and he has lost the last 6 fights... you saying he shouldn't be in there too?

Tito helped make the sport what it is today. I'll bet that the first 2 names you heard about the UFC were

A. Chuck Liddell
B. Tito Ortiz

Tito has one of the biggest fan bases in all of MMA. everyone loves that guy cuz hes a showman, and an entertainer. that guy sells seats, and the UFC is dumb to kick Tito to the curb due to a disagreement/feud between him and Dana. Tito will probably go to DREAM, or EliteXC. EliteXC would be best for him, except the "no elbowing a downed opponent" but he should do just fine.

and if he wanted to go HW, he would F Up Kimbo!
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
4/4/08 12:11:38AM
TITOS GNP WITH NO ELBOWS would be way worse then watchin sean sherk fight. tito is boring enough as he is........My guess is they will treat tito like they treated andre arlovski , no press conference after the fight , no post fight interview(even though tito is on the main card). I dont think he will beat machida. If he some how does win, they dont want to promote him more .
WhiteWidow
4/4/08 3:47:23AM
tito goes to elitexc after he leaves his last fight in a stretcher after getting brutalized
mrliquid
4/4/08 8:40:07AM
Tito has beaten some of the biggest names in MMA regardless that he hasn't had any huge wins recently any true MMA fan has to have some kinda respect for the guy for what he has done for the UFC name I never have liked the guys attitude but he brought the fans in every fight for yrs and yrs he is only 33 so i'm sure if he wanted to he could fight in any orginization besides the UFC even if he doesnt finish fights like he used to his name and fan base alone would fill the seats, i'm sure win or loose in this fight Joe will interview him after the fight,I wouldn't count out Tito that fast though he is a good wrestler with nasty GNP and pretty good striking I think it all depends on how hard he trains for this fight IMO.
bls1919
4/4/08 7:04:02PM
I hope machida makes it a bad day for the bad boy. Wherever he goes he'll draw lots of fans and make cans look bad for a paycheck