Tito v Dana Being Advertised?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Tito v Dana Being Advertised?
Gogoplata
4/6/07 12:56:49AM
Why is Spike advertising this? Tito didn't show up for the weigh-ins. What is there to advertise? Am I missing something?
Ydoc
4/6/07 1:16:46AM
Saw that too. Guessing its back on, and instead of on the Internet it'll be on Spike. Dana knows how to promote, even if it is his own downfall.
nubby
4/6/07 2:04:26AM
This is so stupid, why are they dragging it out like anyone cares?
hippysmacker
4/6/07 2:09:16AM
Maybe it's all been a smokescreen and the fight actually happened.I always wondered why they would even go for licenses when they could have just filmed a "sparring session" and put it on TV.Could be it went through the commision to garner more publicity, or to show them respect. Could be they are just gonna show the footage they already shot. Could be Dana wants to embarass Tito for not showing. Could be they are still gonna fight. It could be a lot of stuff. It's probably so folks like us will wonder enough to watch . I guess I'll just have to tune in to find out, because the more I think about it, the more I realize I really have no idea.
shackle
4/6/07 3:39:29AM
Cause it's not like everyone else. They are thinking outside the box, and doing things unlike any other organizations. If you do everything by the rules, and professional... whats the fun in that? I like to see new things, but I agree it's pretty silly.

I'll watch it not like It's gonna be something I wanna see badly, but I find the idea pretty cool. When can you say you ever seen a President of a company box one of his fighters?
BadSanta
4/6/07 3:40:49AM
I'm not going to assume that the fight even took place. This could be some one hour non-event special that has been edited together to make Tito look like a coward.
shackle
4/6/07 3:42:03AM
They are redoing it.

I beleave they decided to go through with it again. Not sure though.

Posted by Gogoplata

Why is Spike advertising this? Tito didn't show up for the weigh-ins. What is there to advertise? Am I missing something?

FortySixBelow
4/6/07 3:46:10AM
Why not...anything mma..even if it aint fighting to the ground all the time...is still mma stuff in my books...

I'll be watching...
Gogoplata
4/6/07 12:05:15PM

Posted by BadSanta

I'm not going to assume that the fight even took place. This could be some one hour non-event special that has been edited together to make Tito look like a coward.

My sentiments exactly. I don't think the fight happened, I think they are going to tell the story of what was supposed to go down.
PW
4/6/07 1:14:20PM

Posted by Gogoplata

Posted by BadSanta

My sentiments exactly. I don't think the fight happened, I think they are going to tell the story of what was supposed to go down.

Yep, I think so too. Dana has been saying in interviews that this show will shed light on Tito's lies or something along those lines.
fedorwins1
4/6/07 2:04:58PM
I have a feeling Dana will do better than most people think, he was almost a pro boxer, I seen a short clip of him shadowboxing and he still looked pretty slick. Plus Tito isn't really known for his boxing.
Zvonimir
4/6/07 6:44:10PM
I'm skeptical that it will happen, but if it does I will watch for sure.
PW
4/7/07 7:24:07AM
It'll be hard for them to put this together now. After Tito no showed, Keith Kizer, executive of the NSAC told Dana not to bother wasting their time with things like this again.

“I’m not going to recommend this bout to the Commission again,” Kizer said today. “I’m very surprised Mr. Ortiz didn’t show up without as much as a phone call. It was a waste of me and my staff’s time.”

Source
Manfred
4/7/07 8:05:31AM
Dana said in his ESPN interview that Spike was still going to air the promo, but didn't say why.