Tito Close To New Deal (Again)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Tito Close To New Deal (Again)
DCRage
9/10/08 2:34:54PM
Tito Ortiz now expects to have a new deal to fight somewhere done by the end of September. He's not saying where except he's "99% sure" it's not going to be UFC.

Article
emfleek
9/10/08 2:36:55PM
If he's smart, he'll go to EliteXC and share the spotlight with Kimbo. If he joins Affliction, he won't be marketed as the top guy. Same with the UFC.

EliteXC is his best bet, IMO.
cowcatcher
9/10/08 3:01:07PM
im just sick of hearing about him and where hes signed, going to sign, or whatever, its getting old. the guy is a big name, sure, but hes not above gatekeeper level skill wise at this point, and is basically more a part of mma history rather than its future and im hoping the next thing i hear from him is an opponent, not where he might sign.
Wolfenstein
9/10/08 3:05:09PM
When he actually gets signed I'll believe it. He's been on the verge of being signed since UFC 84 and it hasn't happened, and won't until he gets it through his enormous head that he's not getting a record breaking contract.
whardin19
9/10/08 3:17:29PM
Who cares? Not me. I'm tired of hearing about a guy that hasn't beat top competition forever.
holt8081
9/10/08 3:31:14PM
ya lets move on, Tito is old news
tooly236
9/10/08 3:45:55PM
Ya, I've heard about all I want to hear from Tito. His arrogance worked for him when he could fight, but those days are long behind him.
wrona666
9/10/08 3:48:15PM
Tito will go to EXC just due to the fact that he will just fight a bunch of cans and string some wins together......Tito will be a top guy at EXC just due to the lack of talent, and we all know Titos ego cant handle anything less the being one of the top guys....If Tito came back to the UFC he would get owned by half the division and he knows that so i dont expect him to ever come back to the UFC unless he gets a rediculous amount of money, but i dont see Dana doing that...
postman
9/10/08 3:48:51PM
With the News that Affliction was pushed back and xc might fold where is he going to go?
Twenty20Dollars
9/10/08 3:51:22PM
Cage rage haha j/k. Well idk about affliction for him with affliction having some problems of late.
Darnok
9/10/08 4:37:42PM

Posted by emfleek

If he's smart, he'll go to EliteXC and share the spotlight with Kimbo. If he joins Affliction, he won't be marketed as the top guy. Same with the UFC.

EliteXC is his best bet, IMO.

OMG it is so hard to take you seriously with that AV. I always have to remind myself to look at the name and not just the AV.

Anyway I agree. this would be good for Elite as well because they know Kimbo is going to lose sometime it might as well be to someone that they can market.
emfleek
9/10/08 4:46:16PM

Posted by Darnok

Anyway I agree. this would be good for Elite as well because they know Kimbo is going to lose sometime it might as well be to someone that they can market.

I don't think they should necessarily match them up against each other...not anytime soon, anyways.
xburbx
9/10/08 8:12:01PM
who cares about Tito.
prozacnation1978
9/10/08 8:37:35PM
i am out of the tito business
tired of the b.s
haggiswashere
9/11/08 12:09:44AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i am out of the tito business
tired of the b.s

out of the tito business? who are you, dana?!
EliasG
9/11/08 2:18:26AM
everyone's idiot..unless it's their money that they are negotiating. The thing about Tito, whether you love him or hate him, whether you think he's top of the game or not, he pulls an audience, he markets himself VERY well, and he CAN pull top dollars.

If I could do that and work at a place where the boss loved me...I'd do that too. My boss doesn't love me but I get paid well. I can live with that. If I could get paid more somewhere else and have a boss that loved me...I might take it. :) Wouldn't you?