Tito now claiming early stoppage

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Tito now claiming early stoppage
hippysmacker
1/24/07 9:37:38PM
I admit Tito is not in anyway a favorite of mine, stuff like this is why. I respect his fighting and coaching ability, but it's his mouth and the constrant stream of insecurities that issue forth from it that make me dislike him. He never seems to be able to give anyone credit, and if he does he always has to throw a wrench into it with just one more little thing to say. I think he's the composite imposter in public. His apperance on tough 3 convinced some people he's really just a misunderstood good guy. My own roommate and little brother fell for it. I beleive he's one of those people that's great to be around when things are going good, but will turn on somebody when the chips are down, unless he see's some advantage in it for himself. I think the fight should have been stopped in the first. It's sad to me. I guess only him and God know the truth. In my opinion he's a fake. In the words of Eric Williams(former all-pro Dallas cowboy tackle) to a young Michael Strahan(current NYG all-pro) "take your ass-wuppin like a man and be quiet"
Gladiator
1/24/07 10:11:52PM
tito would claim that the only reason he lost was because he got stabbed in the parking lot before the fight if he thought he could get away with it
hippysmacker
1/24/07 10:18:28PM

Posted by Gladiator

tito would claim that the only reason he lost was because he got stabbed in the parking lot before the fight if he thought he could get away with it

LOL, he claimed the reason Forest lassted so long was a torn ACl and LCL.It definately wasn't torn or he would have been out a year. Possibly sprained, but I'm not inclined to give him even that. He probably was a little hurt, but he's like the boy who cried wolf, and so his claims have less credibility. It's always somethin
Spiderman
1/24/07 11:37:10PM
It was a early/bad stoppage . Tito was in more trouble in Rd 1 than when it finally ended .

He dosen't deserve a rematch though He cleary lost , and was never in the fight for even a moment . Wrestlers are Chucks breadnbutter and Tito just dosen't match up well with Chuck .
aceprone
1/24/07 11:50:29PM
source?
nate22
1/24/07 11:51:32PM

Posted by aceprone

source?

LOL, no offense, but, STFU..
hippysmacker
1/24/07 11:55:19PM

Posted by aceprone

source?

fightopinion.com via ufc junkie via the las vegas review journal hippy
aceprone
1/24/07 11:59:58PM
what the hell is your problem Nate?
loller90278
1/25/07 12:02:04AM
it seems you might be a tito nuthugger. we don't take too kindly to those 'round here
nate22
1/25/07 12:09:55AM
It' not you, ir's Tito's excuses, all the time, no thanks.
aceprone
1/25/07 12:12:24AM
I don't give a **** what you guys think. Deal with it! I'm not going around making personal attacks on any of your opinions. Besides I just asked where he read the "source," because I couldn't find it on the sites I go too. I don't understand what the hell the problem is? Why do you care so much on what I think? Don't I have a right to read the exact source an individual reads? What the hell is wrong with that? I thought the people on this site had more respect then that.
hippysmacker
1/25/07 12:16:03AM

Posted by aceprone

I don't give a **** what you guys think. Deal with it! I'm not going around making personal attacks on any of your opinions. Besides I just asked where he read the "source," because I couldn't find it on the sites I go too. I don't understand what the hell the problem is? Why do you care so much on what I think? Don't I have a right to read the exact source an individual reads? What the hell is wrong with that? I thought the people on this site had more respect then that.

I'm not in anyway offended by someone asking for a source. No need for people to get all mad, we are just sharing opinions.He has every right to ask , personal attacks on ayone for sharing their opinion are childish. I know Aceprone personally, the only thing he is a nutthugger of is MMA.
RedScorpion
1/25/07 9:42:38AM
Chuck hit his arm a couple of times but a fighter need to defend all the time. what could Tito have done to escape that position? Liddell would have beaten him up anyway...
Brutalknees
1/25/07 11:58:57AM
Tito making excuses about losing?
That's new.......

I guess he's mad he didn't get to wear a T-shirt about beating Chuck.
bmaker
1/25/07 1:34:09PM
i am both a chuck and tito fan, but honestly i thought it was stopped early too...tito was taking punches to the arm and even couture was saying that chuck wasnt doing much damage...also, when yamasaki (or w.e) goes in to stop the fight tito was switching positions and still defending...if it wasnt stopped there, it really couldve been a tito win
madmarck
1/25/07 1:45:00PM
so why the wait almost a month later to claim that it was a early stoppage?? You got a source?
neko687
1/25/07 1:56:37PM
I think he was more hurt on the first round, and the stoppage on the third was a little early, but it doesn't change the outcome of the fight, Tito was losing that fight, and bad.
punisherind
1/25/07 2:40:29PM
my personal opinion is that the fight was stopped early. i was actually surprised that tito didnt bitch about this in the post-fight interview. i do think he wouldve been ko'ed at a later point in the fight, but i still would have liked to see a legit k.o. and not a premature stoppage.
coxhead
1/25/07 5:10:20PM
im a huge tito fan but i agree with the ref stoppage. tito is one of my fav fighters but it doesnt matter who you are, when you just lay on your side and put your hand in front of your face with 2:33 seconds left. that isnt defending yourself. reguardless the fact that chuck hit tito with only a few shots and the rest were blocked tito still sat there and would have continued to sit there if the ref let them go. tito didnt try to improve his position or anything. he just sat there. tito lossed fair and square. and this is coming from a true tito fan.
aceprone
1/26/07 1:44:59PM
I agree but he could of moved more then just lay there. That's the problem, but Tito did better then what people give him credit for.
185champ
1/26/07 2:59:23PM

Posted by bmaker

i am both a chuck and tito fan, but honestly i thought it was stopped early too...tito was taking punches to the arm and even couture was saying that chuck wasnt doing much damage...also, when yamasaki (or w.e) goes in to stop the fight tito was switching positions and still defending...if it wasnt stopped there, it really couldve been a tito win

your insane to say tito could of won that, i'm not even sure he had a punchers chance
BloodandTears
1/26/07 6:48:09PM
I'm not a Tito fan either, but the fight was stopped early.
hippysmacker
1/26/07 9:51:35PM

Posted by madmarck

so why the wait almost a month later to claim that it was a early stoppage?? You got a source?

If you read the whole thread you'll see someone asked for a source and I posted it. Considering that your the second person to ask I'll be sure to post it in the beginning next time. Thanks
the-james
1/28/07 7:21:56PM

Posted by bmaker

Could of been a tito win???!! no way! that was the second time tito got knocked down in the round and ras randy also said the feetle position is not a intelligently defending yourself. Consider yourself lucky it wasnt stop in the first
roman
1/28/07 10:05:02PM
Personally I am sick of all these damn fighters with excuses after they get beat. Don't fight if you're just going to bitch about your loss afterwards. Show some class and take your loss like a man, congratulate whoever kicked your ass reflect on what happen and improve from it. Because you will never get any better if you don't put the blame on yourself when thats where it truely lies.
Cobbs666
1/29/07 12:35:27AM
this is just usual tito stuff becuase he needs a reason why he isnt the champ if he thinks he is the best. Even if the fight didnt get stopped it was only a matter of time before chuck lands another one
masodd
7/23/07 1:27:51PM
i agree wit bmaker
nubby
7/23/07 8:12:21PM

Posted by masodd

i agree wit bmaker

You're late by like 6 months.
kofranklin
7/24/07 8:16:04AM
It was an early stopage. When the fight was stopped Chuck was only hitting Titos arms. That sound like a bad stoppage to me.