Tito and Babalu "had to be seperated" at Strikeforce

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Tito and Babalu "had to be seperated" at Strikeforce
Wolfenstein
4/13/09 5:21:05PM
Tito Ortiz (pictured) and Renato ‘Babalu’ Sobral reportedly had to be restrained from attacking each other at last night’s Strikeforce event in California.

Babalu’s name was announced to the crowd at one point, prompting the Brazilian to turn to Ortiz and make an obscene gesture.

Moments later security staff had to move in and separate the pair before the altercation could turn physical, according to MMA News.com

link
Bowen50
4/13/09 5:26:38PM
i really want Babalu to put Tito to sleep.
nickcuc547
4/13/09 5:36:21PM
there's only one solution, strikeforce needs to sign tito and make this fight happen,.
MrGreeny
4/13/09 5:45:50PM
Did you read the article to the end?

"Ortiz’s asking price would be a key issue. There was speculation last year that Affliction were close to signing him, but a spokesman for that organisation said the former UFC champion had “unrealistic” pay expectations."

I would absolutely love BABALU to turn Tito's humongous head into a bloody pulp but i wouldn't like the idea, that Tito and his 'manager' will get paid for it whatever the outcome.

Where is the old-school 'winner takes all' system
Playground_Samurai
4/13/09 6:11:23PM
Yea, I want to see this fight as much as everybody else. Unfortunatly, unless Tito brings down his asking price a bit(which almost definatly isn't happening), I don't think it's going to happen.
bigox420
4/13/09 6:21:52PM
I guess Tito does not want to fight anymore if he does not bring down his asking price because it seems like no one is willing to pay it. If AFFLICTION said no they I can't see anyone else paying out that much.
Aaronno9
4/13/09 6:27:25PM
Id love to see this fight. Tito would be talking constant smack, just building up Renatos rage. Tito would then proceed to be owned and choked out. Sounds like a good deal for all to me.
breakdown5
4/13/09 6:34:01PM
This would be a decent fight. Babalu would hurt Tito, split open his melon head.
Pookie
4/13/09 6:36:14PM
I actually think i would choose tito to win this fight personally.
DevonFoxy
4/13/09 6:39:03PM
I don't know maybe its just me but I think Babalu would have a really hard time beating Tito. Babalu is a good fighter but his advantage would be submissions and Tito is a hard guy to submit and I'd give the stnad up edge to Tito. I think Tito would GnP his way to a decision of beat Babalu up on the feet and get a TKO. Either way I think thats a bad match up for Babalu.
Pookie
4/13/09 6:46:00PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

I don't know maybe its just me but I think Babalu would have a really hard time beating Tito. Babalu is a good fighter but his advantage would be submissions and Tito is a hard guy to submit and I'd give the stnad up edge to Tito. I think Tito would GnP his way to a decision of beat Babalu up on the feet and get a TKO. Either way I think thats a bad match up for Babalu.

id give babalu the stand up edge, but theres little doubt in my mind that Tito would be the one getting top control when they wrestle.
Babalu is also alot more effective with his top game then his bottom game, and just like you stated tito is a hard guy to submit. He went to a very close decision loss to Arona in adcc where arona only won because he attempted more subs.
Bad match-up for him i agree
xdanish020
4/13/09 6:48:05PM
I hope this fight happens, Tito needs to put his ego aside and fight for Strikeforce for some reasonable $$$ to make this happen.
sparky
4/13/09 6:53:11PM
I personally think Tito is a bad match up for Babalu. Tito will beable to control him on the ground and not get submitted I believe!!!!!!
bobby_loco13
4/13/09 7:21:04PM
tito finally at 100%...no way he will lose this fight.
motorboatensob
4/13/09 8:51:09PM
Tito has no interest in wining any more all he wants is a big pay day. Babalu would embarrass Tito badly and after this fight Tito would be no more.
WheelchairBandit
4/13/09 8:59:45PM
I think this was all done for show.Tito interviewed Babalu after his win at the last Affliction show,and they were very friendly-IIRC Babalu even said that he hoped Tito recovered well from his back surgery and something nice about his children.

Personaly,I think Tito is a horrible matchup for Babalu.Babalu has always strugged against top position grapplers with good sub defense-we saw it in his fights with Randleman,Fedor,Lambert and Dan Henderson.I just don't see Babalu getting a sub off his back on Tito.

Now,this is assuming Tito can put Babalu on his back.This would require Tito to change his gameplan a little and start going for takedowns from the clinch.If he sticks with this shooting from 8 feet out BS that he's been doing for his last several fights,he's going to end up on the wrong end of a D'Arce choke.

WB.
im2fast4u1981
4/13/09 9:29:17PM
Tito vs Babalu would be a huge draw for strikeforce...Damn u add some guys like diaz ,shields, lawler,allstair...i like what strikeforce is doing...you cant deny they have some damn good fighters...
prozacnation1978
4/13/09 11:26:45PM
no one will pay tito money
don't be surprised if tito signs with ufc by end of the year
babytater03
4/14/09 7:18:40AM

Posted by nickcuc547

there's only one solution, strikeforce needs to sign tito and make this fight happen,.

which is exactly why they "happened" to confront each other. it's all theatrics at this point for Tito. he's one hell of a self-marketer. gotta give him props for that.
whardin19
4/14/09 9:06:16AM
These two do really need to fight. But, Tito has always thought more of himself than promotions do. So getting a deal done with any company is going to be hard.

As the fight goes if it does happen. I think Babalu would have a tough time beating Tito. Babalu is a submission machine but it is very difficult to submit Tito. Tito would also come in bigger than Babalu and have better wrestling. I think we'd see Tito take Babalu down alot and GnP him to victory.
mrsmiley
4/14/09 12:17:20PM
Tough fight to call.
I slightly give the edge to Tito,but would cheering for Sobral.
Zekeil
4/14/09 1:40:42PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Id love to see this fight. Tito would be talking constant smack, just building up Renatos rage. Tito would then proceed to be owned and choked out. Sounds like a good deal for all to me.

You're right except that all Renatos rage will make him sloppy and he'll get TKO'd first round.

WAR Tito