title shots won by decision

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » title shots won by decision
MFOTHER
6/28/08 9:33:41PM
just off the top of my head, tim vs randy was the only time as of late i could think of a belt changing hands by way of decision. i just know the win has to be very decisive to take the belt. I think its one of forest's only chances beating page,.

what others were there.........
Kpro
6/28/08 9:39:34PM
Last night's Strikeforce had an occurence of that. Beebe over Wineland in the WEC was I believe 50-45.

I can't think off the top of my head of any that changed hands on close decision.
juanez13
6/28/08 9:46:06PM
Randy Couture Vs Tito

Randy vs Rizzo at UFC 31

Rampage vs Dan henderson

Pulver Vs BJ

Sherk Vs Florian

Sherk Vs Franca

dont know if its supposed to be UFC only but...

Fedor Vs Nog 1& 3

if you really want to know all of them, go to UFC.com, and click on fighters, than title Holders, than on any champ, under it says previous champions bio, click on that at it will say who has won the title before and how...there are quite a bit of decisions.

jiujitsufreak74
6/28/08 10:03:50PM

Posted by juanez13

Randy Couture Vs Tito

Randy vs Rizzo at UFC 31

Rampage vs Dan henderson

Pulver Vs BJ

Sherk Vs Florian

Sherk Vs Franca

dont know if its supposed to be UFC only but...

Fedor Vs Nog 1& 3

if you really want to know all of them, go to UFC.com, and click on fighters, than title Holders, than on any champ, under it says previous champions bio, click on that at it will say who has won the title before and how...there are quite a bit of decisions.

i think it is only when the contender wins by decision. that eliminates Rampage vs Henderson, Sherk vs Franca, BJ vs Pulver and Couture vs Rizzo from your lost.

In the UFC, the ones that i know of include:

Randy vs Tito
Randy vs Tim
Sherk vs Florian
Bas vs Randleman
Randleman vs Williams
Tito vs Wandy
Menne vs Castillo
Miletich vs Burnett
Pulver vs Uno

i think that's all of them
juanez13
6/28/08 10:38:11PM
yea i just realized it said the belt CHANGING hands by the way of decision.

anyways, other outside the UFC.

Fedor Vs Nogueira 1
Thompson vs Melendez
GSPCanada
6/30/08 4:44:56AM
Its really weird how contenders dont seem to win by decision im not really sure why that is the majority of the fights named were for interim belts
Figsak
6/30/08 1:18:28PM
As it should be. I think to beat a champ you need to take that belt from him, NOT be givin the belt by the judges. Just like in baseball game, the tie goes to the runner, I think the challenger has to prove just a little bit more to win descisions.