Who should get the next title shot at Forrest-Rashad?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who should get the next title shot at Forrest-Rashad?
POLL: Who do you want to see get the next shot of the winner of these fights?
Quinton Jackson-Wanderlei Silva 30% (13)
Lyoto Machida-Thiago Silva 68% (30)
Keith Jardine-Luis Arthur Cane 2% (1)
mentalcase
10/22/08 2:24:29AM
Who should get the next title shot at Forrest-Rashad?
haggiswashere
10/22/08 2:25:27AM
winner machida/silva
Pskinner_mma314
10/22/08 3:45:04AM
I think this one is a no brainer........Machida/Silva.

Machida has been floatin under the radar too long
Aether
10/22/08 4:45:31AM
jackson/silva

Thiago and Lyoto both need to fight someone in the top 5/6 before they get a shot IMO. chuck, rashad, wanderlei, rampage, jardine... someone along those lines. They're both great fighters but I don't think they deserve shots until they beat someone in the upper end of the top-10 like the rest of the contenders in this stacked division have. Machida's biggest win was Tito on his way out the door and Thiago's is houston alexander.

It's one thing to get a shot in a division dominated by one fighter like middleweight, but rampage lost a razor thin decision, usually the champ gets a shot to redeem himself after getting a win over top competition in a situation like this. I think he and wandy both deserve it more.
haggiswashere
10/22/08 5:12:31AM
why does the question say "IF forrest defends" wont the same people be fighting next no matter who wins?
mentalcase
10/22/08 5:48:35AM
Yeah i guess your right it should say who gets next shot at Forrest-Rashad?
Ill change it
Gipper
10/22/08 8:29:08AM
i said winner of t.silva-machida but i could see ufc giving wand a shot
cowcatcher
10/22/08 8:35:20AM
i want to say machida/silva winner, but im thinking the ufc gives it to the known commodity in the winner of page and wandy.
Sledge23
10/22/08 10:04:39AM
It shouldnt go to Wandy, I agree that is should be the winner between Lyoto and Thiago.
pv3Hpv3p
10/22/08 11:04:17AM
I think Machida would be the most practical pick... LIke mentioned before, he's been floating under the radar for way too long...

But I think it sort of matters who wins the Evans / Griffen fight...

If Evans wins, then I think Machida is a no brainer...

But if Forrest wins, I could see Jardine getting bumped up with another win to do a revenge type thing like they used to do with Chuck
RhythmAndStyle
10/22/08 11:15:32AM
should be Machida/Silva..but knowin Dana it could be anyone he wants....
mkiv9secsupra
10/22/08 11:53:43AM
Machida/Silva dont deserve it until they beat a true top ten fighter. Luiz just beat Soko who was a gatekeeper so he should get a title shot too? Thats why Machida's match with Thiago makes no sense. Machida should be fighting Rua, Jardine or Franklin after beating Soko, not a guy who has won 13 fights with no weight behind them!

So my pick is Wanderlei after he beats Rampage.
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/22/08 2:01:26PM
thank goodness no one has voted jardine/Cane. i was losing respect for mma fans all around after seeing p2 people voted ww as weakest division in ufc

Machida/Silva deserve next shot no doubt
prozacnation1978
10/22/08 2:02:36PM
i think if machida wins he is in but if he loses i think winner of rampage vs wandy will get next shot
nickcuc547
10/22/08 2:24:14PM
If Machida wins there is no way they can deny him a shot. I agree with their decision to make him really earn it because he doesn't have the name power or the fan friendly fighting style, but if he wins again there is no good reason not to give him a title shot, the man has gone unbeaten for too long.
mkiv9secsupra
10/22/08 7:58:16PM
Forrest had to beat Shogun, Rashad had to beat Liddell, Henderson was the defending PRIDE champ. Giving Machida a shot for beating Silva(or vice versa) is giving him one of the easiest roads to the belt.

Beating Thiago Silva and Sokoudjou doesnt compare to beating Keith Jardine, a guy who holds a victory over the current champ, and Quinton Jackson, the former LHW champ and former #1 LHW.

There is no way anyone can justify giving Machida a shot before Silva.
MMAFREAK89
10/25/08 11:48:23PM
Wandy after he beats Rampage. Machida hasn't faced really anybody that impressive in the UFC yet.
higdon10
10/26/08 2:26:00AM
Winner of Wandy/Rampage is gonna get the next crack at the belt.
big_timmy
10/26/08 6:20:44AM
I voted for Jardine or Cane. Not sure why more people dont wanna see jardine get a shot. I didnt vote for Cane but i didnt really have a choice did i...

He's beat Forrest, Chuck, Vera who was a to contender at heavy, lost horribly to wandy, but apart from that loss, what has he done to not get any respect?

I understand why forrest got a title shot, because they needed personalities in the TUF house, and he was the most entertaining of the bunch of contenders. Forrest is my boy, but even i think that Jardine missed out, and hasnt gotten any respect.

Whats Wandy done other than beat Jardine lately? Why is everyone so keen to pump him up and give him a shot? I understand he is a crowd favorite and always puts on a show, but thats not enough to get a title shot i dont think.

As for Machida/Silva, beat someone worth their weight, and do it without rubbing out a boring decision. Thats more targetted at Machida, and its pretty common knowledge i dont like him. Silva at least goes and looks to finish, but again, hasnt beaten anyone in the top 10. To get a title shot, i believe you need to beat a contender, then you'll have my respect.
mentalcase
10/26/08 6:41:14AM

Posted by big_timmy

I voted for Jardine or Cane. Not sure why more people dont wanna see jardine get a shot. I didnt vote for Cane but i didnt really have a choice did i...

He's beat Forrest, Chuck, Vera who was a to contender at heavy, lost horribly to wandy, but apart from that loss, what has he done to not get any respect?

I understand why forrest got a title shot, because they needed personalities in the TUF house, and he was the most entertaining of the bunch of contenders. Forrest is my boy, but even i think that Jardine missed out, and hasnt gotten any respect.

Whats Wandy done other than beat Jardine lately? Why is everyone so keen to pump him up and give him a shot? I understand he is a crowd favorite and always puts on a show, but thats not enough to get a title shot i dont think.

As for Machida/Silva, beat someone worth their weight, and do it without rubbing out a boring decision. Thats more targetted at Machida, and its pretty common knowledge i dont like him. Silva at least goes and looks to finish, but again, hasnt beaten anyone in the top 10. To get a title shot, i believe you need to beat a contender, then you'll have my respect.

Firstly the reason you i didnt give you a direct option just to chose jardine cause i think he needs one more good win for a shot if he beats cane he deservse it

secondly your argument is a little funny cause your like why should wandy be given a title shot already just cause he beat jardine (the guy you want to get the title shot instead of him) is that all hes done. [do you know what i mean]
which is fine im not paying you out

but thats why i gave the option of the winner gets the shot cause all of the winners of these fights deserve a shot by winning a hard fight IMO
im not sure if cane is fighting jardine i just made that fight up(i should be a UFC matchmaker)

BTW wheres Frankston
mentalcase
10/26/08 3:49:19PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

thank goodness no one has voted jardine/Cane. i was losing respect for mma fans all around after seeing p2 people voted ww as weakest division in ufc

Machida/Silva deserve next shot no doubt

agreed thats what i was thinking