No SF Title Fight For Babalu On 9/20

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » No SF Title Fight For Babalu On 9/20
DCRage
8/26/08 7:27:13AM
Although Renato "Babalu" Sobral is still on for Strikeforce At The Playboy Mansion next month, his title shot isn't. SF Light Heavyweight Champion Bobby Southworth, who was to have defended against Sobral, is now off due to injury. Sobral will now face Anthony Ruiz.

Article
emfleek
8/26/08 9:46:28AM
Bobby Southworth = lucky man
DCRage
8/26/08 10:07:44AM

That title was as good as Babalu's. I'd like to know more about this injury, although it's probably legit I'll confess to being the slightest bit suspicious.
emfleek
8/26/08 10:28:38AM

Posted by DCRage

That title was as good as Babalu's. I'd like to know more about this injury, although it's probably legit I'll confess to being the slightest bit suspicious.

I'm guilty as well.

Hopefully BS isn't BS'ing.
Wolfenstein
8/26/08 11:23:22AM
Without Cung Le Strikeforce events are really lackluster. I know they have a different business model than most MMA organizations and it seems to be working well for them, as they're one of the few not in the red. But they have got to get some hot young talent to make these shows look like something other than HDNET fights.
Nightmare27
8/26/08 2:05:53PM
Man BS has to be the sorryest champion in any org. out there. How many times has he had to defend that thing? Once? Maybe, and that was a terrible lay and pray decicion ove Ruiz.
DCRage
8/26/08 2:29:18PM
Not to mention he also has a loss as Champion, albeit in a non-title match. He's barely been a .500 fighter since '05, when he came back from a 19-month hiatus: He's gone Loss, No Contest (against James Irvin), Win, Win, Loss (Non-Title loss to Anthony Ruiz due to cut), Win.
casey64
8/26/08 2:50:20PM
Sobral was gonna kill Bobby, no doubt. Bobby is a very lucky man.
jae_1833
8/26/08 2:53:12PM
The entire LHW Div in Strikeforce = Cannon Fodder for Babalu
Twenty20Dollars
8/26/08 3:53:03PM
Im thinking babalu should just drop this fight with Ruiz and then go try and get a fight with affliction. I know its MMA and anything can happen but I dont see Ruiz winning.