Anyone else tired of Cote......?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Anyone else tired of Cote......?
Biggz
10/28/08 7:33:35PM
i have been really tired of listening to Cote talking after the fight. He has done several interviews that he claims he was getting the best of Silva! are you kidding me!? there was also a interview that he said that he F'ed Silva up. and that he has been talking about him making to the third round that like that is as good as winning the fight. every time he he says he made it to the third round, he says it like he should get the belt for that. i just get mad just for the fact that Silva was not even fighting him. i really don't think Cote got the best of him and he only made it to the third round becuase Silva was just playing with him (IMO)

just had to get that rant off my chest.
whta do you think?
nickcuc547
10/28/08 7:35:34PM
If I never see him fight on a main card again I won't complain.
haggiswashere
10/28/08 7:36:15PM
i agree. he reminds me of that guy in high school who talked mad crap after a fight but he really got his @$$ handed to him.
cmb19932
10/28/08 7:42:32PM
however i do want to see them finish that fight and i lost alot of respect for silva in that fight so i hope cote wins a rematch cote should shut his mouth but i like him more than silva now and he really gutted it out by standing up and begging to fight i love the guy and i went into this fight the other way
RhythmAndStyle
10/28/08 7:50:26PM
just Cote being mad that he lost..it wouldn't have matter..Silva would of tko him...
Jackelope
10/28/08 7:54:35PM
Silva didn't take the fight to him to prove him wrong. So I don't see a problem with it. It just builds more hype for a rematch. Silva had a full two rounds to stop horsing around and take the fight to him- but he was gunshy. If anybody is to blame for Cote not being able to open his trap it is Silva.

You gotta admit that it almost looked like Cote belonged in there vs. the Spider and nobody thought he would. Footwork wise he really impressed me. That alone means he deserves credit. Maybe not for a win, but I don't think anybody can say that Silva "decisively" won that fight.
mentalcase
10/28/08 8:05:13PM
yeah its pretty sad he was puting his fingers up signaling “look I made it to round 3” that alone shows how much self doubt he had, and he was upset that no one was expecting him to have a chance in winning the fight? I don’t think even he was expecting to win he was just in there to see how long he could last
His knee popping out made him look good cause at least he didn’t receive a highlight knock out

ziegler3334
10/28/08 8:47:00PM
The only thing this fight did for me was make me less excited to watch anderson silva or patrick cote again. I have faith in silva, and he'll be back knocking fools out in no time.

but cote, c'mon, why are we talking about him like hes some hot shot for lasting till the 3rd round. He lasted till the 3rd round because anderson didnt throw as many strikes as usual. I havnt looked, but i'm guessing that despite going till the 3rd round, silva did not throw as many strikes as in his other fights (hendo, franklin, etc.). So cote making it to the 3rd isnt anything noteworthy to me. I'm disappointed in the outcome because nothing was proven. I dont know how good cote would be against him because it was such a slow, boring, awkward fight. I understand why it was, but it was by far the least exciting fight on the card. no main event should ever hold that honor.

sorry for my rant, but like everyone else, kinda pissed
RampageOwnedYou
10/28/08 8:51:59PM

You gotta admit that it almost looked like Cote belonged in there vs. the Spider and nobody thought he would. Footwork wise he really impressed me. That alone means he deserves credit. Maybe not for a win, but I don't think anybody can say that Silva "decisively" won that fight.

Couldnt have said it any better!
higdon10
10/28/08 8:56:32PM
I hear ya RampageOwnedYou, but Cote def. didnt look good. I dont think he deserves another shot.
Ben_Hutch
10/28/08 8:56:47PM

Posted by haggiswashere

i agree. he reminds me of that guy in high school who talked mad crap after a fight but he really got his @$$ handed to him.

you watched high school musical
dannyfrank
10/28/08 9:24:34PM
of course he's bragging about making it to the third. everyone realized a while ago that it is futile to try to beat silva, so fighting him is now merely a contest of survival, to which cote is currently the belt holder
Twenty20Dollars
10/28/08 9:51:03PM
you know what im tired of...........its the endless threads about cote and this fight. Let's put it behind us and move on. And lets talk about silva's next opponent because he wants to fight again soon.
cmill21
10/28/08 9:54:47PM

Posted by dannyfrank

of course he's bragging about making it to the third. everyone realized a while ago that it is futile to try to beat silva, so fighting him is now merely a contest of survival, to which cote is currently the belt holder

Hendo won round 1, does that count as a moral victory? lol
GrizzlyChadams
10/28/08 10:02:36PM
Cote I think looked great in the fight. Took some of Silva's hardest hits, and kept coming forward. It wasn't Cote that was backing up and running around the ring, if anyone deserves some slack, it's Silva. Your ragging on a guy who is excited about doing something no one else has done with Silva, whether it was because Silva wasn't attacking or not, he made it to the third round.

I'm personally excited about a rematch and hope it happens before Silva retires.
Aaronno9
10/28/08 10:13:59PM
Ive seen a few interviews with cote, and most hes said is that hes proud he took silva further than anybody else has in the ufc and that he proved he belonged in their with anderson. Which i believe he did. I really think anderson hit him with his best knee and punches, and if you watch the slo mo replay of it you can tell he puts everything into the punches at least, and cote just shrugged it off. His movement was good, and he did actually managed to tag anderson during the exchanges.

The only interview i didnt agree with was the one where he says he f**ked anderson up. And the fact hes laughing while saying it, and drunk, kinda takes any seriousness out of it.
Aaronno9
10/28/08 10:14:50PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by dannyfrank

Hendo won round 1, does that count as a moral victory? lol

I think it does to hendo. He brings it up in most interviews about the fight.
RNC
10/28/08 10:39:27PM
I think Cote is talking so that he can create hype, anger Silva, and overall secure himself a rematch that he knows he might not get otherwise.
mentalcase
10/28/08 11:42:51PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

you know what im tired of...........its the endless threads about cote and this fight. Let's put it behind us and move on. And lets talk about silva's next opponent because he wants to fight again soon.

you cant be too tired of it if you read the thread title and then decided to click on it read everyones opinon and the post somthing on the thread

as silvas next fight i think he said hes fighting at LHW so mayby liddell?? i dont know
cameron
10/29/08 12:16:00PM
I am getting really tired of cote he has said in several interviews he had anderson silva. I have got news for cote he was loosing the fight from the minute he accepted the fight. He looked confused the whole time and never landed anything but leg kicks. So he needs to get his leg fixed and go back to fighting scrub competition. No need for silva to waste his time on him again.
Wallass
10/29/08 12:18:31PM
Yeah I am eagerly anticipating a re match too. I dont think Cote "****** Him Up" but you gotta think, after three losses in a row in the UFC, losing in the finals of the show and then pulling off four wins in a row, you gotta expect that he`s on cloud nine right now and full of self confidence. He may be getting a little too excited but lets face it, he brought in a gameplan , stuck to it and gave Anderson a way better challenge then anyone anticipated. And if Anderson is really the number one fighter in the world then he should have took this one easily. Cote showed everyone that Anderson is the man and probably unstoppable but that he was human aswell.
jocksmall
10/29/08 5:42:58PM
im not sure if silva didnt attack because cote had earned his respect or because he was just trying to make the fight last longer. i dont blaim cote for talking smack. you would probably have to give the rounds to silva but they where rounds that i characterize as no winner. it was a disappointing fight with a disappointing finish. at some point someone has to take a chance to damage the other guy. not enough chances were taken and it was a boring fight. i agree that it looked like a matter of time before anderson put him down but it never happened and i was over all not impressed by the night of fights. nobody to blaim just the way it goes sometimes
Mattchoo
10/29/08 6:45:39PM
To me it was so so clear Silva wasnt doing anything at all. Just playing around with him. No effort to push the pace at all. Occasionally striking as and when he pleased, Cote did nothing in my opinion.

Everytime Silva went in he would do some damage or throw Cote off. He knew it and he knew he could finish the fight whenever he wanted.

He was dragging it out for the fans.

AxeMurderer97
11/5/08 3:08:36PM
I wasn't a fan of Anderson in this fight, for a guy so confident in his ability (ie. Roy Jones comparison) he didn't do much other than look like a Rashad Evans of TUF season 2.

He threw a head kick, and a flying knee that Cote basically laughed at. Cote wasnt hurt, so to say that "Anderson would have KO'd him" is a pretty blunt statement, considering none of those 2 power shots even hurt him.
bjj1605
11/5/08 4:33:16PM
If Anderson is retiring Cote was a waste of a fight anyway. A rematch would be a terrible idea. I was at that event and i got the impression Silva was toying with him and could have finished whenever he wanted. He was bored and trying to make it more fun than it was. Cote didn't deserve the shot in the first place and doesn't deserve a rematch. He didn't really beat almeida, (i think that decision sucked) and he didn't do a damn thing against anderson. I'm less excited to see the rematch than I would be to anderson fight a 3rd grader.
Boo_Radley21
11/5/08 4:59:09PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Posted by haggiswashere

you watched high school musical

YOU watched highschool musical
higdon10
11/5/08 5:09:27PM

Posted by bjj1605
I'm less excited to see the rematch than I would be to anderson fight a 3rd grader.

Don't knock my deam fight.