How many times do you think Lesnar will defend his title?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » How many times do you think Lesnar will defend his title?
Next Page »
POLL: How many?
0 Nog/Mir will make quick work of him 69% (53)
1 5% (4)
2 5% (4)
3 3% (2)
4 1% (1)
5+!!!??? 17% (13)
haggiswashere
11/17/08 3:01:06AM
how many title defenses do you think he will have?
Gipper
11/17/08 3:02:58AM
zero nog will sub lesner after taking a bit of a beating
seanfu
11/17/08 3:11:42AM
I have to say 0 if he fights to unify the intrem and real titles against Big Nog.
If Lesnar beats Big Nog noone in the UFC has a shot. Gonzaga could but that's a stretch.

I have to say though, even though randy about broke him mentally I think he has a legit shot against Big Nog. By legit I mean 40 60. His size would make him about impossible to sub other than leg subs.

I guess the biggest question is whether he will gas on top in comfortable GnP position for 4 or 5 rounds.

Nog will get punished standing though. IDC how good his boxing is it's not technically sound enough in terms of protection.

Wide open against Sylvia.

Toss up.
hippysmacker
11/17/08 3:18:59AM

Posted by Gipper

zero nog will sub lesner after taking a bit of a beating

Shades of Nog/Sapp is my guess
cmill21
11/17/08 3:25:44AM

Posted by seanfu

I have to say 0 if he fights to unify the intrem and real titles against Big Nog.
If Lesnar beats Big Nog noone in the UFC has a shot. Gonzaga could but that's a stretch.

I have to say though, even though randy about broke him mentally I think he has a legit shot against Big Nog. By legit I mean 40 60. His size would make him about impossible to sub other than leg subs.

I guess the biggest question is whether he will gas on top in comfortable GnP position for 4 or 5 rounds.

Nog will get punished standing though. IDC how good his boxing is it's not technically sound enough in terms of protection.

Wide open against Sylvia.

Toss up.

I dunno Nog has pulled Sapp's arm off, and Fedor's done it to Choi and Hunt. It's hip's vs bicep, not arm vs arm.
nickcuc547
11/17/08 6:54:09AM
I don't know if nog will make quick work of him but I think he beats him. Brock is going to dish out some punishment and nog is going to take it until he makes a mistake, which he will eventually and nog will make him pay for it.
DCRage
11/17/08 7:14:04AM
Nil. Even if it's Mir he knows how to beat Brock even though Brock's approach almost certainly will be different this time.
imanidiot777
11/17/08 9:10:41AM
You know, I'd have to pick Noguiera in this fight but if Brock wins, I say that vaults him to the #2 HW in the world, Fedor #1 of course.
mkiv9secsupra
11/17/08 10:10:25AM
I think he has a very legit shot at beating Nog/Mir. That iron chin of Nog seems to have withered away a bit. Herring and Sylvia rocked him hard and, dare i say, Brock hits much harder than either. I think if Nog can last longer than round 2 without trouble than its one of the easiest wins of his career with a simple trip takedown or pulling guard and an easy armbar sub when Brock gasses. But in that first couple of rounds Brock has a huge chance to TKO Nog and i will probly get flamed for saying Nog can be TKO'd but his past few fights havent seemed to be on par with that theory. I dont want Brock to win but if he played it smart and kept it standing it is a very forseeable win.

With that said, I think he only defends it once, if he can do that even. Gonzaga will probly get the next shot. And brock really had horrible head movement and lateral movement in the striking game and Gonzaga is going to pound on Lesnar and will definitely KO him.....if he is still champ.

On that note, i really really hope we get to see Gonzaga vs Nogueira!!!
haggiswashere
11/17/08 10:33:02AM
i can't belive someone picked 5+....
NinjaCyborg
11/17/08 11:06:00AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

I think he has a very legit shot at beating Nog/Mir. That iron chin of Nog seems to have withered away a bit. Herring and Sylvia rocked him hard and, dare i say, Brock hits much harder than either. I think if Nog can last longer than round 2 without trouble than its one of the easiest wins of his career with a simple trip takedown or pulling guard and an easy armbar sub when Brock gasses. But in that first couple of rounds Brock has a huge chance to TKO Nog and i will probly get flamed for saying Nog can be TKO'd but his past few fights havent seemed to be on par with that theory. I dont want Brock to win but if he played it smart and kept it standing it is a very forseeable win.

With that said, I think he only defends it once, if he can do that even. Gonzaga will probly get the next shot. And brock really had horrible head movement and lateral movement in the striking game and Gonzaga is going to pound on Lesnar and will definitely KO him.....if he is still champ.

On that note, i really really hope we get to see Gonzaga vs Nogueira!!!

Watch Heath Herring vs. Nog in the UFC, Herring clearly KOed Nog, but the Ref didn't call it and Herring didn't follow up, he backed off and allowed Nog to recover. So if Herring can KO him, Brock can KO him.
tdietel01
11/17/08 12:01:05PM
I think the guy that has the best shot against lesnar is not in the UFC. We all know who that is. Brock will be smart enough to stand with nog till he rocks him. I still think he is too active on the top to get subbed (unless he tries to stand up like against mir) and he already proved he can handle mir with very little problems. gonzaga has the best chance in the ufc but I dont think is is ebough
ohiostate1016
11/17/08 12:34:53PM
I'm not a Brock fan, but I have to give the man credit. He's one hell of an athlete. Anybody that can withstand a Randy gameplan is game in my book. Sure, he got lucky and probably wouldn't have beat Randy at any other point in the past, but we still have to admit that he did win.

I don't think that Brock will defend his belt. Nogueira is too experienced, and he is still near his peak in terms of performance. His head has taken a beating and that might take a toll on him in the future, but I think he can soundly defeat Lesnar.

I don't think that Mir has a shot against Nog, but I also think that he would soundly defeat Lesnar. Mir is the one that showed that Brock has no answer for BJJ, and I think that he could probably do it again.
FlashyG
11/17/08 1:24:33PM
I'd have him as a pretty heavy Underdog to Nog. Nog can take the punishment he dishes out and has the ground game to tap him, especially from the Bottom. Which is where you'll be when fighting Lesnar.

A rematch with Mir would be tougher to call though, I dont know if Mir would have survived that initial onslaught if it weren't for Brocks inexperience showing in the shots to the back of the head. He seemed much more composed in his last 2 fights and if he camly lays on Mir dropping hammer fists and elbows to the face and body, rather than the back of the head, I could see him pulling out a decision or TKO. I doubt he'd try to engage Mir Laying on the floor if they were to fight again, He'd let him stand up to avoid the leg locks.

gsquat
11/17/08 1:42:57PM
I think everyone here know that Brock is the kind of opponent Nog is used to subbing. We'll see Brock spaz on Nog in round 1 and maybe 2 before getting guillotined or armbarred.
State_Champ
11/17/08 3:14:18PM

Posted by gsquat

I think everyone here know that Brock is the kind of opponent Nog is used to subbing. We'll see Brock spaz on Nog in round 1 and maybe 2 before getting guillotined or armbarred.

I'm surprised to here you say that. I was impressed with Brock's patience against Randy, and to think he would "spaz" on Nog and not Randy is strange; Brock must know, given what happened to him against Mir, that if he isn't careful then he'll get caught in a submission.

I think Brock has a legitimate chance against pretty much anyone in the UFC heavyeweight division. From what we've seen thus far he's at least got "a puncher's chance"

Brock Lesnar is scary.
bjj1605
11/17/08 4:11:27PM
Brock will loose his first defense against nog who will pound his face in standing, pull guard, and rip his arm in two pieces
gsquat
11/17/08 4:45:34PM

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by gsquat

I'm surprised to here you say that. I was impressed with Brock's patience against Randy, and to think he would "spaz" on Nog and not Randy is strange; Brock must know, given what happened to him against Mir, that if he isn't careful then he'll get caught in a submission.

I think Brock has a legitimate chance against pretty much anyone in the UFC heavyeweight division. From what we've seen thus far he's at least got "a puncher's chance"

Brock Lesnar is scary.

I know Brock will be training his ass of not to be submitted, but his rapid hammer fist ground attack isn't gonna put Nog out. Put Nog where Randy was and you'd see him pull guard. Brock is scary, but he has the worst possible opponent (for him) coming up quick.
gartface
11/17/08 5:37:16PM

Posted by gsquat

Posted by State_Champ
Brock Lesnar is scary.

I know Brock will be training his ass of not to be submitted, but his rapid hammer fist ground attack isn't gonna put Nog out. Put Nog where Randy was and you'd see him pull guard. Brock is scary, but he has the worst possible opponent (for him) coming up quick.

I think one thing he needs to learn is using those punches from side control and be able to transition to mount. If he can do this, no one would be able to escape, with the exception of being saved by the bell.

Edit: I reluctantly chose 0 defenses. I think Nog will be able to sub him, but I don't agree with the poll answer "Mir/Nog," because I don't believe that Mir would be able to beat him again.
gsquat
11/17/08 5:53:52PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by gsquat

Posted by State_Champ
Brock Lesnar is scary.

I think one thing he needs to learn is using those punches from side control and be able to transition to mount. If he can do this, no one would be able to escape, with the exception of being saved by the bell.

Edit: I reluctantly chose 0 defenses. I think Nog will be able to sub him, but I don't agree with the poll answer "Mir/Nog," because I don't believe that Mir would be able to beat him again.

Word. If he finished with punches like Anderson does, think how much more effective it would be. Instead of spastic bouncing punches, deliver straight power punches. And I agree about transitioning to mount. He gets to excited when his opponent is downed (rapid hammer fists with Mir and Couture, and bull charging Herring).
gartface
11/17/08 6:23:35PM

Posted by gsquat
Word. If he finished with punches like Anderson does, think how much more effective it would be. Instead of spastic bouncing punches, deliver straight power punches. And I agree about transitioning to mount. He gets to excited when his opponent is downed (rapid hammer fists with Mir and Couture, and bull charging Herring).

He is so smooth at being able to transition to side control, and even north/south(Mir fight). His movement on the ground is spectacular and quick. I agree though he does seem to get excited, he really needs to start being more methodical when it comes to his transitions, because what will win him fights even more is being able to get that mount. I think once he gets that into his transitions he'll be somewhat unstoppable on the ground.
imanidiot777
11/17/08 6:55:52PM

Posted by FlashyG

I'd have him as a pretty heavy Underdog to Nog. Nog can take the punishment he dishes out and has the ground game to tap him, especially from the Bottom. Which is where you'll be when fighting Lesnar.

A rematch with Mir would be tougher to call though, I dont know if Mir would have survived that initial onslaught if it weren't for Brocks inexperience showing in the shots to the back of the head. He seemed much more composed in his last 2 fights and if he camly lays on Mir dropping hammer fists and elbows to the face and body, rather than the back of the head, I could see him pulling out a decision or TKO. I doubt he'd try to engage Mir Laying on the floor if they were to fight again, He'd let him stand up to avoid the leg locks.

Brock's best chance against Nog would be to stay standing, he hits ridiculously hard and even though he may not be as good of a boxer it is a lot safer than getting Nog on his back. Brock's stand up has gotten WAY better than in the Mir fight and he stands a better chance there in that situation.
State_Champ
11/17/08 7:47:12PM
I do think Brock might lose by submission to Nog.
prozacnation1978
11/17/08 8:14:28PM
i'll say two times or untill he faces gonzaga or if arlovski comes back
higdon10
11/17/08 8:35:24PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i'll say two times or untill he faces gonzaga or if arlovski comes back

I think Lesnar would run through Gonzaga. I chose zero because I see Nog subbing him.
bls1919
11/17/08 9:29:23PM
It's going to be very hard for Nog to take brock down. And to pull gaurd on a guy of brocks wrestling ability and strength is playing with fire. It gives brovck a very comfortable position. He is probably more comfortable in somones gaurd than standing in front throwing punches. i say he beats Mir and has a very legit chance of beating Nog. Ohh yeah if he does prove himself against the likes of Antonio Rodrigo "Minitauro" Nogueira he won't lose many matches at all. Could be a long title reign.
higdon10
11/17/08 9:37:33PM

Posted by bls1919

It's going to be very hard for Nog to take brock down. And to pull gaurd on a guy of brocks wrestling ability and strength is playing with fire. It gives brovck a very comfortable position. He is probably more comfortable in somones gaurd than standing in front throwing punches. i say he beats Mir and has a very legit chance of beating Nog. Ohh yeah if he does prove himself against the likes of Antonio Rodrigo "Minitauro" Nogueira he won't lose many matches at all. Could be a long title reign.

I agree. If he gets past Nog he could put together a pretty long win streak.
breakdown5
11/17/08 10:16:21PM
I don't think that Lesnar will even unify the belts. Strong submission fighters are Lesnar's kryptonite and the two options for Lesnar's next fight are two of the best JJ practicioners in the weight class. Lesnar won't be able to resist taking the fight to the ground, which is what has happened in all of his fights thus far. Tags his opponent standing and drops them, rushes in for the kill. This is all especially true if he ends up fighting Nog, because he almost always takes a severe beating before pulling off the amazing sub.
Snowstud0101
11/17/08 11:49:07PM
All you guys are crazy Nog has a good chance but doubtful! Gabe Gonzaga yeah right! Lesnar will punish both of these 2 in my opinion! He is #2 behind fedor
haggiswashere
11/18/08 3:13:14AM

Posted by Snowstud0101
He is #2 behind fedor

are you joking?!
Pages: [1] 2