"When was the last time you ever saw a boxing card this stacked....

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » "When was the last time you ever saw a boxing card this stacked....
xchickox
6/29/07 8:07:38AM
.....Never"

i love Dana's face when he says that on the ufc 73 preview video, he just knows that ufc is gonna eat up boxing and boxing can do nothing to stop it
InkedUp
6/29/07 8:13:25AM
And he is completely righ about ti too. Boxing is on life support iwth Mayweathe and Hatton. Other than that, everyone else in it is a joke, a has been, or a nobody. Will someone please tell Don King to pull the plug?
Signal2112
6/29/07 8:43:04AM
When was the last time there was a boxing card with a great fight on it?
cincyassasin
6/29/07 9:05:01AM
Boxing will die off when the last few boxers with a name such as Maywether quit, I don't see any new names being built, mostly because they can't, nobody gives a rats ass, and with no new names to keep it alive......Well we all know.....including the boxers.
methodman_90
6/29/07 9:19:35AM
Mayweather vs. Hatton is boxings only big fight left that would compete with a UFC PPV and eveyone knows it
babalu2720
6/29/07 11:05:18AM
Well im sure Mayweather vs mosley or calzaghe would draw some good numbers, but ya dana is lovin the downfall of boxing.
Mastodon2
6/29/07 11:32:13AM
Who isnt loving the downfall of boxing?

It just means more money into the MMA machine!
pv3Hpv3p
6/29/07 11:38:36AM

Posted by babalu2720

Well im sure Mayweather vs mosley or calzaghe would draw some good numbers, but ya dana is lovin the downfall of boxing.

Good call... Alot of people seem to overlook Calzaghe... He's probably top 5 p4p out there...

I'm not happy that boxing's on it's way out, so to say... There have been many exciting boxing matches for many years, and I really enjoy the sport... I understand that it's a completely different animal than MMA, and I don't spend money on their PPV's (for just the reason that the thread TS stated, maybe one compelling fight if you're lucky), but I like to watch a good fight anyway I can get it
teamquestnorth
6/29/07 12:09:21PM
its about as exciting as watching sylvia arlovski 3 but with bigger gloves on.
danny81
6/29/07 10:10:02PM
i love boxing. i also disagree that it is going to die. idk if anyof you are old enuff to remember in the 80s i wasnt alive but people told me that Kickboxing was going to take over boxing. i actually love both sports IDK why people cant just live with them both. its like soccer fans praying for baseball to die out
Signal2112
6/30/07 9:06:50AM
Kickboxing never had anywhere near the level of popularity that MMA had. It's true that it's popularity did spike and then fall off, but it was never the steamroller that MMA has turned into.
hippysmacker
6/30/07 9:48:40AM

Posted by Signal2112

Kickboxing never had anywhere near the level of popularity that MMA had. It's true that it's popularity did spike and then fall off, but it was never the steamroller that MMA has turned into.

In America. In Japan K-1 was bigger than Pride.
danny81
6/30/07 8:32:41PM
i cant seem to understand why people dont want them to both stay around. and BTW those pillows that they were on there hands is one of the reasons why boxng is so much more violent and dangerous then MMA
Signal2112
7/1/07 10:00:55AM
Another one of the reasons why it's so much more boring too!
danny81
7/1/07 1:15:14PM
how is boxing boring?
blowe1983
7/1/07 3:49:29PM
in my opinion its not boring but comparing the two mma makes boxing seem boring. i personally dont think its boring even though its a dying sport.