What time did the FFTT picks end?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » What time did the FFTT picks end?
grappler0000
12/10/08 2:35:30PM
I'm so mad at myself. I still had a couple of picks to make...including the hot bout.
DCRage
12/10/08 2:36:07PM
12:30 PM ET.
emfleek
12/10/08 2:49:15PM
I thought the deadline was kind of early. I was thinking the deadline usually wasn't until 4:00pm EST. I got my picks in and everything so I'm not mad/worried but still thought it ended earlier than usual?

Is the deadline always 12:30pm EST on the day of an event?
Ordep
12/10/08 2:56:53PM

Posted by emfleek

I thought the deadline was kind of early. I was thinking the deadline usually wasn't until 4:00pm EST. I got my picks in and everything so I'm not mad/worried but still thought it ended earlier than usual?

Is the deadline always 12:30pm EST on the day of an event?

I was wondering that myself too. So glad I checked early today and there was only 30 mins left so got lucky to make my final changes.
Gipper
12/10/08 3:18:43PM
i got screwed to dude.
StevenSeagal
12/10/08 3:40:29PM
Sabotage, Inc is in for a good night... I can feel it.
Mayhem13
12/10/08 3:56:40PM
Team Thug Life is gonna make thier move with this event..we had a couple inactive members brining us down..buts its on now!!1
Jackelope
12/10/08 5:03:29PM
The card is taking place on the east coast instead of the west coast/midwest like they normally do, that's why the picks locked earlier.

Several people are saying they didn't get their picks in, but unfortunately there's nothing that can be done. It's happened to me before, so I feel the pain, but all I can say is pay more attention next time. It's a bummer, but the picks are locked out early for a reason- like in case there are any unforseen troubles.

Sorry guys
texuspete00
12/13/08 1:41:03PM
Holy crap I just missed the picks for the event tonight!!! I had made 3 so I am going to screw my team over. I just told my buddy who missed the troops one he was at risk of being canned until I found out you are safe if you make ZERO picks. You just don't count. So then I up the ante and really screw up. Why are they closed already?

I don't get how this could be closed already.
DCRage
12/13/08 1:44:38PM
Picks close several hours before the event starts, usually 6-7 hours. We're now in that timeframe. In the future, I would suggest you do what I always do-make your picks as far in advance as possible, even if you might want to change them later. At least you'll have made picks and not get totally shut out!
coldchillin
12/13/08 1:55:19PM
I was able to get my picks in but a couple of my guys from my camp weren't able to get their picks in and missed the cut-off time not knowing the selection cut-off was earlier this event.
texuspete00
12/13/08 1:58:51PM
I hear you. I'll have to do that. But are we crazy to think they are closing them earlier than they used to? I mean the PPVs usually shut down around 5PM ET. This was closed when I logged in at 1:30 I mean how early is this event. Not complaining just checking if I'm delirious or what.

After finding out what happens if you make zero picks, I will try to get them done early, but I don't think I should just throw down some half ass picks. I'll tell you what I'll never just make a few and bounce.
Aaronno9
12/13/08 2:00:34PM
I always make my picks as soon as i can. Makes life easier.
MikeyG
12/16/08 5:12:00PM
Thats retarded, it should go back to the way it used to be, so I can make last minute picks from watching TUF episodes since I have little interest until I have to make picks like the TUF Finales, or the weigh in videos for PPVs and numbered events. Overall a bad move
Jackelope
12/16/08 10:28:06PM
I already said it once, but I'll say it again-

Nothing has changed. The difference is that the card took place on the east coast, and not the west coast. Therefore the picks locked earlier than people are used to.

It sucks, and I feel sorry for people who didn't get their picks in, but to blame it on the site without acknowledging that maybe you just screwed up (there IS a timer on the picks page that says when the fights will lock) is just spiteful
MikeyG
12/16/08 11:28:34PM

Posted by Jackelope

I already said it once, but I'll say it again-

Nothing has changed. The difference is that the card took place on the east coast, and not the west coast. Therefore the picks locked earlier than people are used to.

It sucks, and I feel sorry for people who didn't get their picks in, but to blame it on the site without acknowledging that maybe you just screwed up (there IS a timer on the picks page that says when the fights will lock) is just spiteful

i was lazy and didnt read all of them, sorry jack
Jackelope
12/17/08 8:12:13AM
Hey, it's all good bro. It's just one of those lessons that you have to learn (I learned it once, and now I always make sure I check the timer )

It especially sucks for the guys who were high on the points/wagers this season, but like I said-- it's a lesson you only have to learn once
wrestler189
12/17/08 10:13:40AM

Posted by Jackelope

Hey, it's all good bro. It's just one of those lessons that you have to learn (I learned it once, and now I always make sure I check the timer )

It especially sucks for the guys who were high on the points/wagers this season, but like I said-- it's a lesson you only have to learn once

I hate that you have 63 wins on the season, I have 66... and you are ahead of me in points!

I have been way off on endings this season
emfleek
12/17/08 10:45:48AM
I hate Chinese food.
cmill21
12/17/08 4:50:02PM

Posted by emfleek

I hate Chinese food.

I love chinese food.
ncordless
12/17/08 4:55:38PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by emfleek

I hate Chinese food.

I love chinese food.

I have no strong feelings about chinese food.
DCRage
12/17/08 4:56:44PM
I'd like to know why we're talking about Chinese food in this forum.
Pookie
12/17/08 4:57:27PM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by cmill21

Posted by emfleek

I hate Chinese food.

I love chinese food.

, but thai-food is another story entirely
wrestler189
12/18/08 9:48:44PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by ncordless

Posted by cmill21

Posted by emfleek

I hate Chinese food.

I love chinese food.

, but thai-food is another story entirely

chinese food>thai food