Tim Sylvia reveals 'big announcement,' says he would 'absolutely' do The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) if he had to

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Tim Sylvia reveals 'big announcement,' says he would 'absolutely' do The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) if he had to
sparky
4/16/12 1:48:27AM
Remember that "big announcement" former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Heavyweight Champion Tim Sylvia was teasing for April 14? Well he revealed all on his Twitter account and while some were surely hoping Dana White had changed his mind about bringing "The Maine-iac" back to the UFC, that's simply not the case.

Instead, it was just as my colleague Jesse Holland said it would be: a simple fight announcement on a regional show later this year.

Indeed, Sylvia announced at the Fight Night 2 event in Biddeford, Maine, that he will be returning to action on June 16 in Lewiston, Maine, against an opponent to be announced later.

That doesn't mean Timmah is giving up his dream of making a return trip to the Octagon one day. In fact, when he's not outright begging to be let back in or retweeting fans pleading to the powers that be, Sylvia was telling The Hammerfisting Podcast that he would go through The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) house to earn his spot.

Link
prophecy033
4/16/12 1:52:16AM
You know what, i would probably watch
DrivenDavies15
4/16/12 1:52:21AM
This begging is kind of getting sad. He would do TUF if he had to? The odds of Dana letting the former UFC heavyweight champ to do a reality show for up and comers would be ridiculous. Sorry Tim as cool as it would be to see you back, you've had you're chance.
prophecy033
4/16/12 1:54:49AM

Posted by DrivenDavies15

This begging is kind of getting sad. He would do TUF if he had to? The odds of Dana letting the former UFC heavyweight champ to do a reality show for up and comers would be ridiculous. Sorry Tim as cool as it would be to see you back, you've had you're chance.

I think Dana said that the only way he would let Tim in the UFC is ifn he went through TUF

Link
Budgellism
4/16/12 2:03:44AM
It would be weird. I'm not opposed to it though.
Twenty20Dollars
4/16/12 3:03:55AM
Don't know if he could win TUF, unless it was weak casting.

Roy Nelson had to go through TUF.

Really don't want to see him on it. He just needs to shut up, get in shape and start winning, let his fighting do the talking.
Poor_Franklin
4/16/12 3:15:12AM
could you imagine a TUF HW comeback season? w/ arlovski, sylvia, rizzo, monson. throw fedor in there for good measure & that'd be the best season yet!
Pookie
4/16/12 3:58:28AM
When was the last time he made 265?
jjeans
4/16/12 6:59:25AM
A heavyweight comeback season is probably the best case scenario for Timmay

Theres very few heavyweights out there who genuinely would have a shot at competing in a new TUF HW season:

Travis Wiuff - Current Form: 11-1-(1)
Peter Graham: Current Form: 4-0
Chris Barnett: Current Form: 7-1

If you did a none Bellator or Zuffa comeback season there'd be a few fighters who would make it interesting:

1 Tim Sylvia
2 Mike Whitehead
3 Eddie Sanchez
4 Tim Hague...
5 Todd Duffee
6 Seth Petruzelli
7 Travis Wiuff
8 Abe Wagner
9 Joey Beltran
10 Neil Grove
11 Goran Reljic
12 Marcio Cruz
13 Titties
14 Paul Buentello
15Justin McCully
16 Sean McCorkle

Heck even throw in
Ricco Rodriguez or Tuchscherer or Morecraft

If Timmay won that season, or whoever won that season in my eyes would have without a doubt be more than deserving of that contract
Poor_Franklin
4/16/12 9:41:24AM

Posted by Pookie

When was the last time he made 265?

Kraneotakis fight in November seems to have him listed at 265......not sure though
scoozna
4/16/12 11:13:12AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

could you imagine a TUF HW comeback season? w/ arlovski, sylvia, rizzo, monson. throw fedor in there for good measure & that'd be the best season yet!

Now that idea has some merit. ...but I still don't think Timmeh has earned it. If he's any good he can make waves the normal way...by mopping up at all the small shows he's doing. Earn it big boy.
tallica62
4/16/12 12:14:24PM
The UFC could use another TUF of former UFC fighters...always fun to see some old names and how they've crapified or gotten better...
grappler0000
4/16/12 12:55:54PM
Whatever HW's that don't make the cut from the SF roster could be given the opportunity to go though the TUF process. Add Tim and a few other random HW's and it could be a decent season. Not realistic probably, but there are very limited ways to make a competitive HW season.
Budgellism
4/16/12 1:10:03PM

Posted by jjeans

Theres very few heavyweights out there who genuinely would have a shot at competing in a new TUF HW season:

If you did a none Bellator or Zuffa comeback season there'd be a few fighters who would make it interesting:

1 Tim Sylvia
2 Mike Whitehead
3 Eddie Sanchez
4 Tim Hague...
5 Todd Duffee
6 Seth Petruzelli
7 Travis Wiuff
8 Abe Wagner
9 Joey Beltran
10 Neil Grove
11 Goran Reljic
12 Marcio Cruz
13 Titties
14 Paul Buentello
15Justin McCully
16 Sean McCorkle

Heck even throw in

If Timmay won that season, or whoever won that season in my eyes would have without a doubt be more than deserving of that contract

That would make for an insanely good season of TUF.
sparky
4/16/12 1:17:59PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by jjeans

1 Tim Sylvia
2 Mike Whitehead
3 Eddie Sanchez
4 Tim Hague...
5 Todd Duffee
6 Seth Petruzelli
7 Travis Wiuff
8 Abe Wagner
9 Joey Beltran
10 Neil Grove
11 Goran Reljic
12 Marcio Cruz
13 Titties
14 Paul Buentello
15Justin McCully
16 Sean McCorkle

Heck even throw in

Definitely agree with the both of you
hashyandy4
4/16/12 2:59:47PM
I would watch 4 sure
george112
4/16/12 3:34:12PM
Even if he got back in. He would only last two fights at the most IMO
Sir_Karl
4/16/12 4:37:15PM
If the UFC would do another TUF like season 4 "the Comeback" maybe there would be a chance for Tim to "comeback", Besides that though...I don't think he is going to have too much luck. Mainly because of his pathetic begging. I am actually a Sylvia fan but he needs to do what Patrick Cote said in a post a few weeks ago. Just keep fighting and winning if you want to get back to the UFC. Sylvia has precisely done that though and I think that is where most of his frustration and desperation has come from. Anybody else would have already been resigned. The UFC just like a whole lot of fans dislike Tim Sylvia for some reason. Maybe it is because of stuff like this.
LightsOUT23
4/16/12 6:23:32PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by jjeans

1 Tim Sylvia
2 Mike Whitehead
3 Eddie Sanchez
4 Tim Hague...
5 Todd Duffee
6 Seth Petruzelli
7 Travis Wiuff
8 Abe Wagner
9 Joey Beltran
10 Neil Grove
11 Goran Reljic
12 Marcio Cruz
13 Titties
14 Paul Buentello
15Justin McCully
16 Sean McCorkle

Heck even throw in

"Titties" LOL ha ha ha
LightsOUT23
4/16/12 6:25:33PM
Darrill Schoonover
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
prozacnation1978
4/16/12 6:34:33PM
I don't like TIM but I respect him
I would root for him to win tuf
Adrenaline
4/16/12 10:30:26PM