Tim Sylvia: The Human Measuring Stick

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Tim Sylvia: The Human Measuring Stick
ufc88
4/8/08 8:11:32PM
I find it funny how right now Nog Randy and Fedor are considered the big three and almost anyone would want to see any of these guys fight eachother. We know how Nog and Fedor pair up but i know a lot of fans would like to see fedor vs randy and randy vs nog. Tim Sylvia is literally the human measuring stick. almost like the experiment.
he starts off with randy and randy drops him in the first round and completely controls him the whole fight even getting the better in the little exchanges. He wasnt able to finish tim but he dominated him. Next up big tim gets passed down to nog. He happened to drop Nog and totally dominate him on the feet where once he was taken down he was destined to be submitted and that is exactly what happened.
now we have mr. emelianenko next up to face the experiment. Lets see what happens with him and tim now and then we have the experiment complete and well be able to see how the three different fighters uniquely deposed of the maineiac and having a basis to analyze the Randy vs fedor and randy vs nog fight
Jackelope
4/8/08 8:40:24PM
Sounds like MMAth to me. Doesn't make a lick of difference between all these guys IMO. I judge how Randy and Fedor would matchup by watching Fedor match up against guys who are like Randy. (Lindland, for example)
Pookie
4/8/08 8:42:24PM
It is interesting to see how the top 3 all does against the first shared opponent, but in all honesty it doesnt mean anything.
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/8/08 10:23:03PM
the only way i could see this making any sense is if they all 3 went into the sylvia fight w/ the same gameplan. bu randy & nog OBVIOUSLY had different ideas of how to win the fight & im willing to bet fedor will fight him differently than randy or nog

interesting to think about nonetheless
chubbud22
4/9/08 1:05:29PM

Posted by Jackelope

Sounds like MMAth to me. Doesn't make a lick of difference between all these guys IMO. I judge how Randy and Fedor would matchup by watching Fedor match up against guys who are like Randy. (Lindland, for example)

Linland is no Randy
Jackelope
4/9/08 2:17:56PM

Posted by chubbud22

Posted by Jackelope

Linland is no Randy

LOL I was waiting for this reply. He only has a better record (20-5 vs.16-8) and he only actually made the olympic team (not as an alternate) and received a silver medal. Hendo and Couture both admit he's got a stronger clinch than each of them. (They call it the Gorilla grip) They only opened and ran the same fight team for years upon years.

Lindland's stand up isn't on Randy's level, IMO, though. Like I said, watching guys who are LIKE (I.E. Similar!!) Randy. Not watching a guy who is EXACTLY LIKE RANDY COUTURE IN EVERY ASPECT .

I like how you can't say one thing thing like this without some guy jumping on your case as though you're some n00bie poster with 0 MMA knowledge. Troll.