From Tim Sylvia's Fan website

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » From Tim Sylvia's Fan website
Mv356
3/25/07 5:52:00PM
Talking about Tim's chances vs Fedor after getting beat down by couture.

http://z4.invisionfree.com/Tim_Sylvia_Forum/index.php?showtopic=512

I'm not a pride nuthugger AT ALL. How out of touch are these guys?
ButterBalls
3/25/07 6:05:59PM
wow, how out of touch are they....

Fedor by No Contest (Sylvia shits himself again)

I can hear it now...."Big John McCarthy has put a stop to this match at 1 minute 20 seconds in the first round......for the winner by No Contest - other fighter shit himself....."
We_Todd_Did
3/25/07 6:06:29PM
They're self-professed Tim nuthuggers, whadda ya expect?
"I know Tim is kinda slow and overrated, and I love him despite his incompetence as a fighter, but maybe if he doesn't suck enough, the fight God's will have mercy on him and smote Lord Fedor..."?

P.S.-mods, not fighter bashing here, just going for a Bob Sapp-sized serving of irony.
Huckit
3/26/07 6:08:53AM
what a bunch of idiots

"it will def be a war"
"ive seen a few of fedors fights"
"lindland will be a real test for fedor" (says asif he hasnt been tested yet)
Trapt1nw0nder
3/26/07 6:40:01AM

Posted by Huckit

what a bunch of idiots

"it will def be a war"
"ive seen a few of fedors fights"
"lindland will be a real test for fedor" (says asif he hasnt been tested yet)

I think Lindland will be a real test to Fedor when it comes to someone who is more well rounded...great wrestler

still think Fedor will win though...
hathcock32
3/27/07 3:53:36AM
I agree. Lindlands Clinch, and wrestling game is intense, although i still think Fedor will win. Lindlands got a chance.
nickcuc547
3/27/07 1:38:06PM
lidland has no chance, we are talking about a guy who got dropped by david terrell, imagine what fedor is gonna do to him. lindland is a great wrestler at 185, but against a 235 pound machine, it is not even close, fedor will take this one easily, he may not even break a sweat, lindland has zero chance.
Cobbs666
3/27/07 6:59:15PM

Posted by butterballs

I can hear it now...."Big John McCarthy has put a stop to this match at 1 minute 20 seconds in the first round......for the winner by No Contest - other fighter shit himself....."

did sylvia actually shit himself against couture?
Stickan
3/27/07 7:13:28PM
Tim Sylvia actually has a fan website??
loller90278
3/27/07 7:17:59PM

Posted by Stickan

Tim Sylvia actually has a fan website??

tim sylvia actually has a fan??

ButterBalls
3/27/07 7:52:02PM

Posted by Cobbs666

Posted by butterballs

no against Asseurio Silva.
Reignofterror
3/27/07 9:01:27PM
Theres Tim Sylvia fans...

Ydoc
3/27/07 10:29:54PM
I'm surprised he has so many female fans.
ButterBalls
3/27/07 11:48:04PM
women love idiots who talk shit and can't back it up.
mkiv9secsupra
3/28/07 2:33:45AM

Posted by butterballs

......and have the gayest facial hair possible.......
migo
3/28/07 6:25:11AM

Posted by Cobbs666

Posted by butterballs

No, Assuerio Silva. Because he was taking Xiyence.
FortySixBelow
3/28/07 6:44:57AM

Posted by butterballs

Statement of the day...

Thank you.

skiba97
3/28/07 6:53:28AM
Ive just read that thread, tbf, most of them say theyd pick fedor even tho they love tim. The 3 points made earlier about not seeing many of fedors fights or whatever, i cant see y ud use that against them, linland might be a test for fedor, they didnt say anything about him never being tested before. Personally, i dont like tim and think fedor with walk through him, but this thread seems to have been made as an exuse to bash tim.
FortySixBelow
3/28/07 6:58:35AM
I guess we should face it...

People will always enjoying bashing that man...

one way or another...perhaps until he has some sensational fights...and keeps his mouth shut after...

ButterBalls
3/28/07 11:49:56PM
I'm not all for fighter bashing, but Tim Sylvia wouldn't even be on the map if he wasn't like 6'8, and thats a fact.
We_Todd_Did
3/29/07 3:29:17AM

Posted by butterballs

I'm not all for fighter bashing, but Tim Sylvia wouldn't even be on the map if he wasn't like 6'8, and thats a fact.

...and he wouldn't be so disliked if he'd keep his damn mouth shut.
loller90278
3/29/07 4:07:17AM

Posted by We_Todd_Did

Posted by butterballs

...and he wouldn't have lost to couture if he wasn't injured.
nubby
3/29/07 10:56:02AM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by We_Todd_Did

Posted by butterballs

I don't think injuries had anything to do with the fact that he couldn't hit Couture with a Jab all night. Stick and move.
ButterBalls
3/29/07 11:03:40AM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by We_Todd_Did

Posted by butterballs

....and he wouldn't have pooped his pants if....wait, he would have still pooped his pants.
MMA
3/29/07 11:34:26AM

Posted by butterballs

That doesn't make sense. The reason he fights like he does is because he is tall; he likes to utilize his reach.

If he was shorter, I would assume he be more agile and have a different fighting style. People shouldn't use height as an excuse for Tim being a former champion. There are other freaks of nature that are either just as big/tall (if not bigger/taller) than Tim and who have just plain sucked in MMA.

On another note, the people who run the Tim Sylvia forum (and most of its members) are complete nuthuggers of Tim. If you even insinuate something negative about Tim, you get the big boot.
mkiv9secsupra
3/29/07 4:22:04PM

Posted by MMA

Posted by butterballs

That doesn't make sense. The reason he fights like he does is because he is tall; he likes to utilize his reach.

If he was shorter, I would assume he be more agile and have a different fighting style. People shouldn't use height as an excuse for Tim being a former champion. There are other freaks of nature that are either just as big/tall (if not bigger/taller) than Tim and who have just plain sucked in MMA.

Nope...tim just plain sucks...everyone here has said it: The UFC HW division was extremely weak. Then as soon as a true competitor comes out, bam, hes no longer champ. And worst of all Tim couldnt do anything to a man 6 inches shorter and 40lbs lighter...There may be freakishly tall guys in mma but at least they do some damage. My prediction....Tim will never be a top competitor ever again...
ButterBalls
3/29/07 9:33:45PM

Posted by MMA

Posted by butterballs

If Tim were shorter he would not be a top HW contender. All his strength comes from his height and his reach is his best weapon. Put him against someone the same size that is moderatly skilled and he would get wrecked. The UFC hasn't had many behomeths in the last few years, but the only other decent one they HAVE had:

Ricco - kicked ass in the UFC, moved on to other things and has been mediocre. Not as big as Timmay.

Lets look at some of the other big fighters out there, and think honestly about how they would fare against Tim:

Semmy Schilt - would probably KO Tim in round 2
Hong Man Choi - I think he would probably KO Tim as well
Bob Sapp - would definetly KO Tim
Lebanner - not that big but would still KO Tim
Barnett - not that big but would probably submitt Tim, possibly KO, definetly beat
Overeem - not even a HW but I would give him a fighting chance again Tim

Hell, if someone gave me 2:1 odds I'd take Giant Silva over Tim. I think once his height and reach get taken away from him he isn't shit.
MMA
3/29/07 10:43:45PM
You guys are just Sylvia haters. Go watch his fights before Arlovski, he laid the beat down on some pretty decent fighters. You guys are assuming that Sylvia would be the exact same fighter if he was shorter, that is simply wrong. It is impossible to make that kind of prediction.

Edit: Oh and by no means am I a Sylvia fan. I actually dislike him quite a bit, but your argument is flawed.
ButterBalls
3/29/07 11:28:49PM
Yes, I am a hater, I still don't think he is that good though. I know he has fought a couple people his size, but neither of them were Tier A fighters, or even Tier B. Gan McGee and Wes Simms? Not exactly championship material. Maybe I went overboard with the Giant Silva thing, but everyone else on my list would own him.
Ydoc
3/30/07 12:13:32AM

Posted by MMA
If he was shorter, I would assume he be more agile and have a different fighting style.

That's funny, I'd assume if he was shorter he'd be working out toilet clogs at Shoney's.